Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:00:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Does it even matter who QBs this team?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Does it even matter who QBs this team?  (Read 1968 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 05:35:19 pm »

I think there is an advantage to starting Rosen several games into the season, instead of week #1.  The starts to seasons are always a little out of whack due to new players, and them getting use to working around players that have been on the team for a couple years - preseasons aren't what they used to be, teams don't really get as much full speed, full contact like decades ago.  Secondly, once again the Dolphins have all new coaches and coordinators on staff, so even veteran dolphins players are getting use to the new schemes.  So my point is that if you let the rest of the team settle in to some sort of rhythm over the first three games it would give Rosen a more stable structure to come off the bench and in to start games.  Ten games is plenty to evaluate if Rosen is any better than he was last year.

That is a valid point.  If you genuinely feel the O-line will be offering better protection in week 4 vs week 1 (even taking in to account that opposing D-lines will have extra time to gel) than there is some merit in not having Rosen undergoing concussion protocol during the first quarter of week 1. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray