Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:09:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins seem to troll Kenny Stills after he rips Jay-Z
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins seem to troll Kenny Stills after he rips Jay-Z  (Read 3210 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 12:07:39 am »

Really? That's the motto of the most successful team of our era. While I see many bad examples the ideologies of BB and Tom Coughlin have shown to work well in the modern era.
If you're arguably the greatest strategic mind in the history of the game, you can pull that off.

If, instead, you are Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Romeo Crennel, Bill O'Brien, or Matt Patricia, you cannot.
Guess we'll see about Brian Flores!

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 11:56:38 am »

There are hundreds of millions of people qualified to work at Subway or Home Depot.  There are maybe 3000 qualified to play in the NFL.

Makes no difference.   Only a third of those qualified guys are actually on NFL rosters.   There will be no shortage of receivers who would love to have Stills spot if he keeps running his mouth like that.   He is paid to play football, not be a distraction by taking his political beliefs public.   He needs to shut the fuck up or risk ending up like his buddy Kaepernick.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 11:02:29 pm »

It "makes no difference" whether a competent employee is easy to replace or incredibly difficult to replace?

Did you pick up some pointers from Jon Gruden's personnel management seminar?

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 11:08:51 am »

It "makes no difference" whether a competent employee is easy to replace or incredibly difficult to replace?

NFL players are not as difficult to replace as you make them out to be. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 01:54:47 pm »

So you're saying that in your opinion that an owner should not discipline or fire a player for pushing their opinions and/or beliefs to the public? What if the public doesn't agree and sales decline due to a boycott or something? Do you think an owner should lose business and take a loss or cut ties and fire the offending player?

I say that they should do what they're payed to do. However, I guess if the owner agrees and approves it's a moot point.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2019, 04:15:12 pm »

If an owner thinks that the negative PR impact of employing this player outweighs their positive contributions to the team, then yes, they should cut them and let them seek employment elsewhere.  But in a league where Mike Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, and Greg Hardy all got contracts after the fact, "I fired him because he silently kneeled during the anthem" might not be the PR coup you think it is.

That being said, this decision bears no resemblance whatsoever to firing an employee at Home Depot, who provides virtually zero irreplaceable impact to the store.  I mean, the Dolphins had, what, 6 receivers on the roster last year, and all of them were worse than Kenny Stills by a sizable margin... so that tells you what kind of capacity the Dolphins have to replace Stills with someone that's as-good-or-better.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:17:31 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 10:10:18 am »

Multiple reports over the weekend that Stills is being shopped along with Kiko. Jones too but he said the Dolphins have told him he would not be traded this year.

Modified to add this comment from today's press conference

Armando Salguero

Verified account

@ArmandoSalguero
 14m14 minutes ago
More
Flo is asked by @AdamHBeasley if he can give assurance Kiko and Stills will be on the team. Flo does not give that assurance. "Players need to focus on today," he says.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:52:50 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 12:10:05 pm »

If an owner thinks that the negative PR impact of employing this player outweighs their positive contributions to the team, then yes, they should cut them and let them seek employment elsewhere.  But in a league where Mike Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, and Greg Hardy all got contracts after the fact, "I fired him because he silently kneeled during the anthem" might not be the PR coup you think it is.
Silently kneeling during the anthem is totally different from calling out the owner publicly for how he runs his business and/or who politically supports. 

That being said, this decision bears no resemblance whatsoever to firing an employee at Home Depot, who provides virtually zero irreplaceable impact to the store.  I mean, the Dolphins had, what, 6 receivers on the roster last year, and all of them were worse than Kenny Stills by a sizable margin... so that tells you what kind of capacity the Dolphins have to replace Stills with someone that's as-good-or-better.
I haven't looked them up and I could be wrong. But off the top of my head if I had to guess, Amendola had better stats than Stills. And if not, Stills stats weren't better by a sizable margin

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 01:02:21 pm »

@ArmandoSalguero
 14m14 minutes ago
More
Flo is asked by @AdamHBeasley if he can give assurance Kiko and Stills will be on the team. Flo does not give that assurance. "Players need to focus on today," he says.[/i][/b]

Means nothing. 

BB is asked if Tom Brady will remain on the team.  does not give that assurance. "Players need to focus on today," he says

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 09:37:52 pm »

Silently kneeling during the anthem is totally different from calling out the owner publicly for how he runs his business and/or who politically supports.
That's a surprising take.

The argument you were just making is about an employee who expressly an unpopular opinion that causes public discontent, not an owner who has his feelings hurt.  In fact, that's been the explicit argument against Kaepernick (and most other protesters) for the last 3 years.  But now "disrespecting the flag, the troops, and everything this country stands for" is totally different from criticizing the owner?  So which one is worse?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2019, 10:14:27 pm »

Flo is asked by @AdamHBeasley if he can give assurance Kiko and Stills will be on the team. Flo does not give that assurance. "Players need to focus on today," he says.
Always remember that the only things Belichick teaches his disciples are:

1) the media is your enemy, so treat them like an enemy
2) all players are expendable; make that clear at every opportunity

What's that trope about the definition of insanity?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray