Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:40:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Putting trash in your neighbor's cans on the curb
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Putting trash in your neighbor's cans on the curb  (Read 2008 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 22, 2019, 10:26:57 pm »

My neighborhood garbage collection day is Friday, so naturally, people ot their garbage cans out Thursday night.  Sometimes they do it earlier in the afternoon.  

This afternoon, me and my girl were out walking our dogs.  One of them pooped on a neighbor's front lawn, so I picked it up with a bag.   A block down the road, we walked by another neighbor's trash can on the curb and I opened it and dropped the poop bag in it.  My girlfriend proceeded to berate me for doing something so stupid.  I told her that it's not like I walked to the side of the neighbor's house and did it.  Once a can is on the curb, it's fair game for trash.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:36:21 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 05:16:32 am »

Pretty harmless but it was a poop bag so your neighbor might object to you putting in that their trash so I can see your gf's point. Probably best to put that in your own trash. If it was a candy wrapper, nah.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 07:00:20 am »

I can see both sides. If the bag is sealed I see no issue but no one wants poop smeared all over their can. Otherwise .. pretty harmless.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 09:14:04 am »

I side with you.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 09:31:25 am »

IMHO,   Thursday night before pickup - okay.

Friday afternoon after pickup, but before neighbor puts can away  - not okay.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 10:02:05 am »

^ Agreed.  I thought the context here is that the cans were out for collection and he added to existing trash.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 11:24:34 am »

^ Agreed.  I thought the context here is that the cans were out for collection and he added to existing trash.
Me too. Not sure the cans would have been out otherwise.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 11:47:28 am »

I realized that this instance it was pre-pickup. But I have seen it done post-pick up too.  Trash gets picked up 9.30 am, dog walker goes by at noon, homeowner gets home 6pm.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 01:50:57 pm »

I realized that this instance it was pre-pickup. But I have seen it done post-pick up too.  Trash gets picked up 9.30 am, dog walker goes by at noon, homeowner gets home 6pm.

Hoodie is right.  Some owners leave their cans out late on Friday even though recycling comes by around 8 am and regular garbage around 10 am.   

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 03:04:11 pm »

Is this some random neighbor or do you know them? I've seen neighbors fued over less. I don't think I'd do it but I don't consider you wrong if it is pre pickup
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 06:40:52 pm »

Is this some random neighbor or do you know them? I've seen neighbors fued over less. I don't think I'd do it but I don't consider you wrong if it is pre pickup

Random neighbor.   People are friendly but mostly keep to themselves in my neighborhood

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 08:31:05 pm »

Random neighbor.   People are friendly but mostly keep to themselves in my neighborhood
In a mid income neighborhood it's probably ok. But in the top or bottom end, rich or ghetto. You'll probably go to jail or get shot, lmfao......

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 03:35:27 pm »

Pre pickup no problem (I admit that I do that regularly).  Post pickup, no way, the neighbor doesn't deserve that smell all week.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray