Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:31:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  What does Flores get out of this?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What does Flores get out of this?  (Read 4792 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »

Guaranteed contracts are worth cash.  They can fire him tomorrow, but they have to pay him for 5 years.  You don’t give someone a 5 year contract if you plan on having a short window to prove himself.
Who said they were planning on having a short window to prove himself? What you plan on doing and what actually happens have little to do with each other. Stephen Ross doesn't strike me as a man of patience. I think there will have to be some signs of progress by year 2 to guarantee he stays for year 3. Hell if the right coach drops into his lap, I can see Ross eating Flores contract in less then 2 years. Flores will have the money, but he won't have a job.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 02:34:30 pm »

The current Dolphins roster is 100% on Grier, and will be for the next couple years.  By the middle of the 2021 season Flores needs to be winning games with whoever Grier has put on his roster or he will be fired.  Then Grier would most likely be fired at the end of the 2021 season if they don't eek out 7 wins for that season.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »

Stephen Ross doesn't strike me as a man of patience.
You might be the worst judge of character on here not named D4L ... hahaha. He is the epitome of patience and allows his football employees numerous opportunities to fail. Do the names of Mike Tannenbaum and Chris Grier ring a bell?  Smiley

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 12:41:48 pm »

You might be the worst judge of character on here not named D4L ... hahaha. He is the epitome of patience and allows his football employees numerous opportunities to fail. Do the names of Mike Tannenbaum and Chris Grier ring a bell?  Smiley
Tannenbaum worked for Miami about 4 years. What has Grier done up till now to even warrant him leaving? Your definition of patience and mine might be a bit different. Go ask Jerry Jones how long Jason Garrett has been the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys with 2 playoff wins to show for it. That's a patient owner. A lot of people believe too patient or at the very least he's patient with Garrett because he couldn't find anyone else to put up with his shit. LOL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:52:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 01:38:43 pm »

I think that Ross is definitely patient.  He has provided the team with what they need and time.  It just hasn't worked out.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 02:39:41 pm »

I think that Ross is definitely patient.  He has provided the team with what they need and time.  It just hasn't worked out.
Maybe I'm just going off of recent history. I do think that he was pretty patient with Philbin. Not so much with Gase.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 03:38:45 pm »

+1

I can't blame Ross.  I think he has hired what he thought were good football people and let them do their jobs, with little meddling from him.  And when it didn't work out he stepped in and made changes.  I think he is what you want in an owner.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray