Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Antonio Brown accused of rape
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Antonio Brown accused of rape  (Read 7321 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: September 10, 2019, 09:02:51 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

New England Patriots receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of raping his former trainer, according to a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida.

The lawsuit says that Brown — in three separate incidents, two in June 2017 and another in May 2018 — sexually assaulted a woman named Britney Taylor, a gymnast whom he met while they were attending Central Michigan together and whom he later hired as a trainer.

“Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit,” said a statement from Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown.

According to the lawsuit, Brown sexually assaulted Taylor twice during training sessions in June 2017. First, he exposed himself and kissed her without her permission, the lawsuit says. Later that month, the lawsuit says, while she was watching a television program at his home, Brown started masturbating behind her and ejaculated on her back. Brown bragged about the incident in profane text messages that are copied in the lawsuit.

Taylor ended her working relationship with Brown, the lawsuit says, but several months later, when he contacted her to apologize, she relented. She was, according to the lawsuit, “swayed by his assurance that he would cease any sexual advances.”

Then, the lawsuit says, on May 20, 2018, Brown forced her onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress and “forcibly” raped her. She tried to resist him, screaming and repeatedly shouting “no” and “stop,” the lawsuit says, but Brown refused and penetrated her.

“As a rape victim of Antonio Brown, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision,” Taylor said in a statement released by her lawyer. “I have found strength in my faith, my family, and from the accounts of other survivors of sexual assault.”

In the statement, Taylor said she would cooperate with the N.F.L. in an investigation.

It was not clear whether Taylor reported her accusations to the police.

Brown, 31, one of the most productive wide receivers in the N.F.L., became a Patriot on Monday after a series of conflicts prompted the Oakland Raiders to release him last week. The teams could not immediately be reached for comment.

Fits right in with the patriots culture.

These are the corroborating texts for the first part:
https://i.imgur.com/aPBHmWU.png (nsfw)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:06:13 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:45:57 am »

This doesn't matter to the Patriots.  They can just cut him if anything even starts to smell true and it's no loss for them.  Their culture is strong enough to handle these scandals.  If this happened here, it would be much more problematic.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:05:59 am »

Hate to be the Dave Chappelle here and victim blame, but I have some questions and statements.

1) After he exposed himself and forcibly kissed her, that should've been the end of their relationship.

2) YET, she comes back to watch TV at his home later that month and her jerks off on her back. Didn't she hear him? How long was he back there without making a sound?

3) SHE MEETS UP WITH HIM AGAIN in 2018 and that is when he raped her.

4) The text messages show that not only did he get through college without learning to read, but they don't explicitly state her version of events. They could've been having sex and he finished on her back which is what I'm sure he will argue

I can believe Brown is an asshole and I can maybe even believe a rapist since he is clearly entitled, but I'm not just going to shut my brain off and believe every accusation. Unless Brown actually did it and he said more illiterate text messages bragging about it, this will be thrown out.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:52 am »

This doesn't matter to the Patriots.  They can just cut him if anything even starts to smell true and it's no loss for them.  Their culture is strong enough to handle these scandals.  If this happened here, it would be much more problematic.

Cutting him puts them back in the exact same spot that they were on Sunday night.  IE capable of smacking the Steelers down 33-3. 

And as much as I think he is a scum bag, reading everything makes me think it was consensual or at worse implied prostitution.  She doesn’t contact the police, but sues him for rape after he won’t invest in her business.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:36:48 am »

Cutting him puts them back in the exact same spot that they were on Sunday night.  IE capable of smacking the Steelers down 33-3. 

And as much as I think he is a scum bag, reading everything makes me think it was consensual or at worse implied prostitution.  She doesn’t contact the police, but sues him for rape after he won’t invest in her business.

Agreed, she doesn't come off as the least bit credible.

Brown is an imbecile though so I wouldn't be surprised if he hurts his defense with stupid social media posts.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 11:05:11 am »

Brown is an imbecile though so I wouldn't be surprised if he hurts his defense with stupid social media posts.

I would be shocked if he doesn’t. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 01:01:16 pm »

The timing is suspicious and her actions don't help.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »

Hate to be the Dave Chappelle here and victim blame, but I have some questions and statements.

1) After he exposed himself and forcibly kissed her, that should've been the end of their relationship.

2) YET, she comes back to watch TV at his home later that month and her jerks off on her back. Didn't she hear him? How long was he back there without making a sound?

3) SHE MEETS UP WITH HIM AGAIN in 2018 and that is when he raped her.

4) The text messages show that not only did he get through college without learning to read, but they don't explicitly state her version of events. They could've been having sex and he finished on her back which is what I'm sure he will argue

I can believe Brown is an asshole and I can maybe even believe a rapist since he is clearly entitled, but I'm not just going to shut my brain off and believe every accusation. Unless Brown actually did it and he said more illiterate text messages bragging about it, this will be thrown out.
I think that I'll victim blame too. If she went back 3 times, it's on her at that point(no pun intended), haha. 20 years ago this shit wouldn't fly because common sense says that you don't keep subjecting yourself to sexual assault and/or rape unless you like it or have an ulterior motive.

Anyhow, in the "me too", Weinstein, and Cosby era. And after that Blasey Ford bimbo in the Kavanaugh fiasco. Going forward, you're going to have female opportunists coming out of the woodwork looking for money and attention. That's the two things many females thrive on.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 12:05:23 pm »

AB is quickly solidifing he spot as my least favorite Patriot, 2nd on the all time list.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 12:37:46 pm »

And Number one is....?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 01:07:47 pm »

And Number one is....?

A. Hernandez.  As bad as Brown is, he would literally have to kill a few people to be in contention for the number one spot.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 01:40:44 pm »

Good one to hate. I forgot about that guy.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 04:32:41 pm »

AB is quickly solidifing he spot as my least favorite Patriot, 2nd on the all time list.

Well he's gone from the Patriots.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 04:40:54 pm »

Well he's gone from the Patriots.

Not surprised.  The Patriots are known for picking up locker room cancers and getting them to behave but they will not associate with someone of bad character.   Especially in this day and age when they're spotlighting any and all abusive actions against women.

Antonio Brown is radioactive now.   Not even the XFL will take him.  His career is over.  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:35:30 am by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 05:02:36 pm »

I'm not sure what his future holds but how crazy is it to go from being the best receiver in the NFL to not having a job in two weeks? This guy was a gold mine and now he has lost most, if not all of it. Crazy!!!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray