Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:18:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Minkah receives trade permission
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Minkah receives trade permission  (Read 7880 times)
BeanCounter

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2019, 10:34:33 pm »

Minkah traded to Pittsburgh for 2020 1st round pick.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2019, 10:44:03 pm »

This might make for the best trade. With Big Ben out, this might end up being a Top 10 pick.

Still, I'm guessing that Christian Wilkins is now on the trade block as well.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2019, 07:30:53 am »

Well, I wanted to replace the #11 overall pick we used for him and unless their backup QB pulls a Tom Brady, that seems likely to happen.

I still wanted to keep him but we got value in return and now have 3 first rounders in 2020. Don't need them for ammo to move up to #1 overall either since we are an insult to God.

This is why I say that I am fine with this season because we have so many high draft picks and cap space that I would be surprised if we don't win at least 6 games next season and then push for the division the following year. Brady can't last forever.......right?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 08:45:56 am »

My guess is that by the time this team is a contender again (which is 2-3 years away), he'll be at the end of his rookie contract and they'll have to pay him big bucks

Well, I wanted to replace the #11 overall pick we used for him and unless their backup QB pulls a Tom Brady, that seems likely to happen.

I still wanted to keep him but we got value in return and now have 3 first rounders in 2020. Don't need them for ammo to move up to #1 overall either since we are an insult to God.

This is why I say that I am fine with this season because we have so many high draft picks and cap space that I would be surprised if we don't win at least 6 games next season and then push for the division the following year. Brady can't last forever.......right?

And Houston didn't look too good on Sunday, struggling to beat a lowly Jaguars team.   There's a good chance you guys will end up with three top ten picks.  The question is, do you grab Tua or rebuild your trenches and see what Rosen can do, then go after Lawrence in 2021?

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 09:15:15 am »

Lawrence would be the #1 pick in 2021, so we have no shot at him unless we trade away all of our 2020 draft picks for 2021 draft picks and basically own the Top 15 picks. That's unlikely so they will still draft Tua (as of now) and build the team from there.

It's entirely possible Rosen starts a bunch next season too just to have Tua learn a bit on the sidelines. And, "God forbid" Rosen does very well then we have some decisions to make on trades and whatnot.

Also, the Texans will be fine. They have no one in their division, so it's more likely they get a 1st round bye than it is they are a Bottom 10 team.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2019, 09:19:21 am »

Seems like the Fins got more for Minkah than I thought they would.  Especially with Big Ben being out now.  I heard something on the radio about the Fins also gave their 2020 4th round pick to Pittsburgh for their 2020 5th round pick.  Not sure if I heard that correctly, but if so, then it wasn't a straight up Minkah for Pittsburgh's 1st rounder.  The Fins will have also essentially dropped down a round from 4th to 5th .   

Over the weekend, I heard some guy on ESPN say that the Dolphins record was now 0 and Tua.   I thought that was pretty funny. 

With all the QBs getting injured already this year, I'm kind of surprised that they aren't trying to also trade Ryan Fitzpatrick and get some kind of draft capital in return.  Not sure how much they would get for him, but not much point in keeping him on the roster this year. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2019, 09:50:07 am »

@MiamiDolphins half an hour ago:
"We have acquired a 2020 first-round pick, a 2020 fifth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick from Pittsburgh in exchange for safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 seventh-round pick."
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2019, 09:57:52 am »

Seems like the Fins got more for Minkah than I thought they would.  Especially with Big Ben being out now.  I heard something on the radio about the Fins also gave their 2020 4th round pick to Pittsburgh for their 2020 5th round pick.  Not sure if I heard that correctly, but if so, then it wasn't a straight up Minkah for Pittsburgh's 1st rounder.  The Fins will have also essentially dropped down a round from 4th to 5th .   

I expected a first rounder because they did not have to trade him. Plus, Minkah is very talented and under team control for 4 years. Anything less than what appears to be a Top 15 pick would've been a bad move by our organization.

Move can look even better if this is a Top 10 pick.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:42 am »

The question is, do you grab Tua or rebuild your trenches and see what Rosen can do, then go after Lawrence in 2021?
This would be my choice but I think after this season they are going to be forced to grab a QB just to try and put butts back in the seats.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:48 am »

@MiamiDolphins half an hour ago:
"We have acquired a 2020 first-round pick, a 2020 fifth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick from Pittsburgh in exchange for safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 seventh-round pick."

Talk about making things overly complicated for no reason.  Just do the first round pick.  No reason to complicate things by trading the other 4 picks.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 11:00:36 am »

Talk about making things overly complicated for no reason.  Just do the first round pick.  No reason to complicate things by trading the other 4 picks.

that probably came from Pittsburgh
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2019, 04:01:49 pm »

Teams do this all the time. Probably someone sitting with a copy of The Chart and a spreadsheet.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2019, 04:09:15 pm »

that probably came from Pittsburgh

Yeah, to sell it to their fanbase for when they hand over the #6 overall pick to Miami.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2019, 05:42:04 pm »

Funny story as told by Chris Grier. He stated they walked away but Texas kept coming back so they had laid out the conditions and wrote them on the board in his office. He said when he called Tunsil into his office to discuss the trade that Tunsil saw the board and said something to the effect "wow ... I'd trade myself for that too".
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:08:05 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2019, 06:27:19 pm »

Patriots went 11-5 without Brady in 2008

They went 3-1 without Brady in 2016

When Brady retires, it's not going be much easier to challenge New England 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray