Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:51:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Minkah receives trade permission
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Minkah receives trade permission  (Read 8025 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 05:05:00 pm »

How many first-round selections will we have to throw in the trash to get an early pick next year?  Seems like the answer is at least two.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 06:02:14 pm »

And this is what happens when a team decides to tank for the next 2-3 seasons.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 12:40:26 pm »

Here’s an awful question that no one has asked. What if our first rounders refuse to sign and demand a trade (ala Elway or Eli) because of the tanking situation?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 05:29:04 pm »

I thought he was such a high character guy, but playing poorly and requesting a trade in your 2nd season is terrible behavior.
Wha?!!! You're joking right?

How about playing him out of position, trading away both the starting and backup DE's on BOTH sides of the line so he'll have to cover for 10 seconds and basically telling him we are forfeiting your 2nd year in the league so we can get a high draft choice and draft a QB. If that means trading you to move up or get more draft choices we'll do that too meaning you will be starting over with a new team your third year in the league. What about THAT? THAT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE BEHAVIOR! What Minka did was a have normal reaction to that behavior.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:30:54 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 10:42:31 am »

This sucks. Is he the first of a few that are going to start looking to jump ship?
You can't put draft picks on the field. You need actual human football players.

Mirrors my thoughts, man this sucks.

I thought Minkah may have been one of the few guys who could be still on our list when we eventually make the payoffs again (along with Howard, maybe Drake) and soon be one of the leaders on defense that was envisioned when he was drafted...

Is this the first stage of the players mutiny mentioned that could happen when Tunsil was traded?

Minkah Fitzpatrick: I’m focused on Patriots, not a trade.

Supposedly he has a much larger role in this week's game. I guess we will see how it goes on Sunday.

Flores said he wasn’t irritated that Fitzpatrick would ask for a trade and praised him, saying: “He’s done a really good job all week. This is a tough kid, a hardworking kid. He loves football. I expect him to play well Sunday. He’s going to be a big part of the game plan.

“I’ve had this kind of similar situation and others in the past, so I think we’ll be able to move past it and move through it. I think as an organization, we’ll be fine.”

Minkah better be prepared because I reckon Brady will throw the ball a lot in his direction. McCain was exposed so badly last week by the play action pass, you can expect a lot more of that coming too.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 02:26:33 pm »

If I'm Licht, I'll offer a third plus Justin Evans or Carlton Davis

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2019, 03:07:26 pm »

NFL Network says he can be traded this week.

I still think it is a mistake. He is very talented and cheap for 4 years. You rebuild around these guys. You don't turn #11 overall picks into late 1st rounders, that's how you fail long term.

The kid shouldn't turn around and run away but we did screw him over too. Both sides need to work this out because Minkah needs to realize that he is going to the team with the best trade package. If that's another garbage squad like the Giants, then so be it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 05:42:50 pm »

What if our first rounders refuse to sign and demand a trade (ala Elway or Eli) because of the tanking situation?
Intentionally deciding not to compete is never the solution.

I still don't understand why people are happy about dismantling a below-average team on the hopes that maybe MIA will draft a savior.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2019, 05:54:53 pm »

Intentionally deciding not to compete is never the solution.

I still don't understand why people are happy about dismantling a below-average team on the hopes that maybe MIA will draft a savior.

We just want Tua since he appears to be a legit franchise QB and not just the first QB taken off the board by a needy team.

I have accepted 0-16 but my idea wasn't to dismantle the squad this badly. I am very against trading Minkah.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2019, 11:56:59 pm »

Is Tua even a better prospect than Trevor Lawrence?

IND drafted back-to-back stone-cold lock prospects.  Peyton gave them 1 SB win and one more appearance.  Luck gave them 1 AFCCG loss.  These are the best results tanking has provided in NFL history.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 12:00:20 am »

Maybe they can trade him to a team the Patriots will play in the playoffs, like they did Ajayi.

Maybe then, Miami can help derail New England again.

And as long as I'm dreaming, I'd like an end to Global Warming.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 08:53:01 am »

Just a heads up ... the Dolphins have never said they wanted Tua. Any suggestion to that fact is purely speculative.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 12:04:47 pm »

Just a heads up ... the Dolphins have never said they wanted Tua. Any suggestion to that fact is purely speculative.  

Of course not, it hurts leverage in case they want to make a trade. I can't recall any team that ever said they wanted to draft a certain player during the season, let alone before it.

It's just obvious that we need a franchise QB and will very likely be in a position to acquire one.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2019, 01:26:23 pm »

I think that they wait a year and draft Lawrence, unless the ownership panics and orders Tua next year.

Again, the question is...what if top draft choices refuse to play for this organization?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2019, 02:33:13 pm »

I think that they wait a year and draft Lawrence, unless the ownership panics and orders Tua next year.

Again, the question is...what if top draft choices refuse to play for this organization?

They will never refuse to not make millions of dollars as the #1 overall pick. They would sign with a team after next year's draft but they won't go #1 again. Maybe no even in the first round due to character concerns.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray