Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:43:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jalen Ramsey requests trade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Jalen Ramsey requests trade  (Read 5363 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: September 16, 2019, 06:41:20 pm »

I think this is getting out of hand and it starts in High School. Kids are able to switch high schools and sometimes do it a couple of times. Now the NCAA has the transfer portal for kids who won't stick around and compete for a job. Now the NFL players are demanding trades like the NBA players. We are pandering to a "me first" world. No wonder our society is filled with crazy ass people who can't handle life and the problems that come with it.  

Being an FSU fan I have been a fan of his for a while but I swear he seems to be more trouble than he is worth. Not sure he will ever be a team player and easily loves to be a distraction.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 06:43:01 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:06:06 pm »

This isn't soccer, you can't request a trade and basically have it become law. These need to be stamped out otherwise we are going to end up with 5 or 6 super teams that everyone wants to play for like the NBA while the rest of the league suffers.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:04:21 pm »

I don’t have a problem with players *asking* for a trade.  I have a problem with the way some player go about sabotaging their own team trying to force that. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 10:04:47 pm »

I'm solidly in the players camp here. They can ask for a trade. The team doesn't have to allow it, but then they just have to deal with the consequences. In the end the reason it works in soccer is because you realize that if you have an unhappy player, they'll be a distraction, they won't put in full effort and they'll just do enough to collect a paycheck and when they become free agents, they'll leave without hesitation.

In the end this is employment not forced labor. There's a word for that.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:23:05 am »

The inmates are in charge of the asylum. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:39:15 am »

I'm solidly in the players camp here. They can ask for a trade. The team doesn't have to allow it, but then they just have to deal with the consequences. In the end the reason it works in soccer is because you realize that if you have an unhappy player, they'll be a distraction, they won't put in full effort and they'll just do enough to collect a paycheck and when they become free agents, they'll leave without hesitation.

In the end this is employment not forced labor. There's a word for that.

I agree.  If you aren't happy, just like at any job, you can ask to be moved to another team.  They may deny it...whatever.

It's employment.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 09:59:21 am »

I'm okay with requests to a degree, but if the next 5 trade requests go through, it sets a bad precedent that everyone needs to be careful of. No one will want to play for the bad teams that drafted them in the Top 5 and request trades and potentially even holdout until they get them like in contract disputes. That can't happen.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 11:05:43 am »

If you don't trade them they will become a distraction ... and may not even perform. The players don't have all the power but they have more than teams do in this regard. I would absolutely love for them to work in a no trade clause for the rookies and eliminate the franchise tag. Players would get to select your team once your contract runs out and they have fulfilled their original obligation.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 11:19:15 am »

CF, no trade clause as in an NFL team can't trade a drafted player on their first contract at all ? or is this no trade as in the player can veto the trade?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 02:01:40 pm »

CF, no trade clause as in an NFL team can't trade a drafted player on their first contract at all ? or is this no trade as in the player can veto the trade?
I don't think the team or the player should be able to trade a player in their rookie contract. It would help to stabilize some things but not take it back to before free agency. I also feel for players who get stuck in the franchise tag. If they get hurt they are screwed royally.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 04:03:23 pm »

The inmates are in charge of the asylum. 

If my employer said that I would look for a new job.  If I was an NFL player and the owner said that, I would demand a trade and holdout until I got one.

They are employees, not criminals or insanity patients assigned to involuntarily care.  Anyone of authority who holds your attitude will have a multitude of labor problems.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 04:04:18 pm »

No trade clause only makes sense if contracts are guaranteed.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 05:53:32 pm »

If my employer said that I would look for a new job.  If I was an NFL player and the owner said that, I would demand a trade and holdout until I got one.

They are employees, not criminals or insanity patients assigned to involuntarily care.  Anyone of authority who holds your attitude will have a multitude of labor problems.
That's because apparently you're a snowflake who thrives on attacking anything not politically correct ... LOL. Most people are adult enough to recognize that as a very common saying and wouldn't even think of being offended by it.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 01:41:07 pm »

Lighten up. It is a metaphor.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 08:00:14 am »

Lighten up. It is a metaphor.

LOL, yeah, I like Hoodie so I wasn't going to call him out.  But I thought everyone knew that saying. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray