Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:52:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins currently in potentially 6th place for the draft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins currently in potentially 6th place for the draft  (Read 6841 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: September 24, 2019, 05:33:47 pm »

Lots of football to be played but we are currently tied in 4th place with the Bengals and Steelers. I guess we are worst case 5th since we own the Steeler's pick too. Crazy to think we don't have the lead on the waiver wire ... hahaha.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/24/waiver-claim-order-changes-this-week/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:20:18 pm »

Losing to the chargers should "improve" that.  Dolphins "problem" is they lost to two 3-0 teams and one 2-1 team.  Dolphins need to lose to sucky teams too to move up the draft order.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 10:14:31 pm »

ha .. our strength of schedule is too hard Sad
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 09:16:04 am »

Way too early for strength of schedule tiebreakers. Let's revisit this in November when we are 0-10 and hopefully have at least a 2 game lead on that #1 pick.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 09:39:16 am »

Way too early for strength of schedule tiebreakers. Let's revisit this in November when we are 0-10 and hopefully have at least a 2 game lead on that #1 pick.

It is relevant for the waiver wire.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 11:00:30 am »

Week 9 and 14 could be pivotal games in determining the 1&2 spots.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 11:55:38 am »

i get that but did find it as an eye opener. With as many crappy teams and a couple with bad breaks it just might come down to tiebreakers at the end of the season. If that was point differential we’d be a shoe-in! Hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 12:29:53 pm »

i get that but did find it as an eye opener. With as many crappy teams and a couple with bad breaks it just might come down to tiebreakers at the end of the season. If that was point differential we’d be a shoe-in! Hahaha

You play the Jets x2, Bengals, Steelers, Washington, so with the exception of the Broncos, the Dolphins “control their own destiny” without the need for tiebreakers.  LOL. And the fact that you have 5 games with teams that are currently winless, should help SOS. 

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 12:40:04 pm »

It would be more alarming around Week 8. The Bills are undefeated right now after two opponent chokes, so it's just too early. I'll worry if we beat the Jets, to me they are the only contender to our crown of worst franchise and they will quit on Gase if they start out 0-7.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 02:51:51 pm »

I have the utmost confidence in their ability to lose to both good and bad teams.  They will have the 1st or 2nd pick in Round 1 next year.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 10:21:29 am »

I have the utmost confidence in their ability to lose to both good and bad teams.  They will have the 1st or 2nd pick in Round 1 next year.   

I did too until that Cowboys performance. I mean, we made enough dumb mistakes to not make that a nailbiter till the end, with the goal line fumble and Flores not challenging that TD ruled out. That scares me that we might be able to beat the Jets not just once but twice. Teams who are supposed to be 1-15 can give you effort the whole year because they know they are bad, but teams that were supposed to be better and maybe even be a playoff contender like the Jets? They check out around that 6th or 7th loss.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 02:49:14 pm »

I did too until that Cowboys performance. I mean, we made enough dumb mistakes to not make that a nailbiter till the end, with the goal line fumble and Flores not challenging that TD ruled out. That scares me that we might be able to beat the Jets not just once but twice. Teams who are supposed to be 1-15 can give you effort the whole year because they know they are bad, but teams that were supposed to be better and maybe even be a playoff contender like the Jets? They check out around that 6th or 7th loss.

Well, I figure if the Jets end up with the #1 pick and the Fins have the #2, I wouldn't think that the Jets would pick a QB since they have Darnold.  But of course they might trade down to a team that wants that #1 pick for a QB.   
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 05:49:44 pm »

Well, I figure if the Jets end up with the #1 pick and the Fins have the #2, I wouldn't think that the Jets would pick a QB since they have Darnold.  But of course they might trade down to a team that wants that #1 pick for a QB.   

i think this would be ideal for the dolphins .. if the jets trade out of 1 and hand someone like the steelers Tua .. that way we can trade down in the round .. pick up more picks the following year and build up our trenches with more picks and then use a first next year on lawrence
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 06:41:12 pm »

I’ve read too many times on this board to just wait to draft Lawrence from Clemson in 2021. That’s assuming that dolphins will have #1 draft pick then. That can’t be assumed. We can assume that dolphins s will have #1 pick in 2020. That’s when they should draft a QB. Fromm preferably.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 09:51:45 am »

Draft a QB (probably Tua) this draft. Let Rosen start until the line looks able to protect the rookie. If that means sitting a year, so be it. I know it's not the popular thing these days, but there's noting to indicate that it hurts a high pick to sit a season.

Most teams don't have a first round pick in his second year (third next year) to "fill in" until the line is ready. Seriously, I see no reason Rosen couldn't turn out to be a solid starter in the NFL. That's a different discussion, but while he did very poorly last year, he did better than Bradford, who played while the offensive line still resembled one. There just aren't enough quarterbacks to draw a statistical comparison, even if you discount the very extenuating circumstances. He will likely put up bad numbers this year too, because, well, who wouldn't with the Dolphins? It wouldn't bother me in the least to have him under center for another year, assuming he can stay healthy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray