Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:45:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins currently in potentially 6th place for the draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins currently in potentially 6th place for the draft  (Read 6559 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 02:20:37 pm »

i think this would be ideal for the dolphins .. if the jets trade out of 1 and hand someone like the steelers Tua .. that way we can trade down in the round .. pick up more picks the following year and build up our trenches with more picks and then use a first next year on lawrence

Lawrence is going #1 overall, so it is unlikely we spend $130 Million in free agency and a mountain of draft picks in 2020 just to be the worst team in the league for 2021. If we lose out on Tua, maybe we take that Oregon kid. I can only see us not taking a QB if we somehow finish 4-12 or Rosen miraculously makes the Pro Bowl.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 02:49:15 pm »

Tua, Tua, Tua. Seriously, How come nobody on here seems to like FRomm?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 04:44:54 pm »

Every place I see talking about Fromm says he is projected in the first two rounds while the other 2 guys are definite Top 10 picks as of now. I don't know much about the kid, but I wouldn't chance it. Gotta go for the 'sure thing". Maybe that is Hilbert once the season is done, who knows?
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »

Everyone is too focused on Tua. He plays on a loaded team, he may not transition to the NFL star people are dreaming about, especially if it going to take two or three drafts to fill the holes.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 07:25:23 pm »

Good News!!!!!!

Dolphins are now in 4th.

Washington and Denver tied for 1st.

then Cinci in 3rd then Dolphins, then Jets.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 08:03:24 am »

Good News!!!!!!

Dolphins are now in 4th.

Just like the Jeffersons we are moving on up!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 10:42:07 am »

Good News!!!!!!

Dolphins are now in 4th.

Skins and Bengals would definitely take a QB #1 and probably even the Broncos too since Drew Lock is a project they drafted in the 2nd round. Jets won't but you gotta look out for trades too. Some team is always around to trade away 7 picks to move up 12 spots.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 03:55:50 pm »

It will be interesting to see who tries harder to lose when the Fins play the Redskins in a couple weeks.  This may be one of the worst games in the history of the NFL.   Jay Gruden was asked by a reporter this morning what his QB plan is for this weekend's game against the Patriots.  Gruden replied, "We don't really have a plan yet."   Now a lot of coaches would give that answer if they are intentionally trying to be vague or they don't want to show their hand to their opponent for the week.  But Washington is so bad, their QBs are so bad, and Gruden is so bad, that I think he was being totally honest with the reporter.  I don't think he has any idea who he is going to start.  Sorry, kind of got off track here, but I would say that Washington may be the biggest threat to the Fins having the #1 pick next year.  Looking forward to the Miami-Washington game just to see how bad football can actually be.   Has there ever been a 0-0 tie in the modern era of the NFL?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 04:59:24 pm »

I forgot that the Skins just drafted some kid with the #15 overall pick, so they won't draft a QB......probably.

Skins are definitely bad but I still think they'll pull out 3 wins or so thanks to their new coach which should come within a few weeks.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 05:01:21 pm »

Has there ever been a 0-0 tie in the modern era of the NFL?

No, lowest scoring game is 3-0, lowest scoring tie 6-6.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 05:13:53 pm »

if you're ever curious about NFL scores you can check out:

https://nflscorigami.com/

it shows the score distribution of every NFL game ever played as well as scores that have never happened.

last week's tampa  /rams game filled in a square .. it was the first time a 55/40 game had ever been played
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 07:56:48 am »

it shows the score distribution of every NFL game ever played as well as scores that have never happened.

last week'

s tampa  /rams game filled in a square .. it was the first time a 55/40 game had ever been played

That was kind of a cool site.  Thanks for sharing it!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 08:48:38 am »

last week's tampa  /rams game filled in a square .. it was the first time a 55/40 game had ever been played

I don't see the "1" row getting a green square anytime soon. (Would require a safety on a point-after try.)

The double-safety row (4) isn't getting much love, either. It only avoids being completely untouched territory thanks to a 1923 (!) game between the Chicago Cardinals and Racine Legion. The Chicago Cardinals, a founding team in the NFL, were actually previously called the Racine Cardinals. The Cardinals moved to St. Louis 1960, before Bill Bidwell moved them to Arizona in '88. Bill Bidwell sadly passed away yesterday. The team has been in the Bidwell family since 1923.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 09:29:09 am »

my favorite of the odd scores is this one:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197810220buf.htm

the 3-5 bills beating the 0-8 bengals 5-0 in 1972
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 10:42:06 am »

I don't see the "1" row getting a green square anytime soon. (Would require a safety on a point-after try.)

The double-safety row (4) isn't getting much love, either. It only avoids being completely untouched territory thanks to a 1923 (!) game between the Chicago Cardinals and Racine Legion. The Chicago Cardinals, a founding team in the NFL, were actually previously called the Racine Cardinals. The Cardinals moved to St. Louis 1960, before Bill Bidwell moved them to Arizona in '88. Bill Bidwell sadly passed away yesterday. The team has been in the Bidwell family since 1923.

The only truly impossible scores are 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 7-1.

4-4 is probably the most difficult

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray