Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:09:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23513 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 05:20:09 pm »

We know that the "whistle blower" was GIVEN the information that Trump said "troubling" things in his phone call to the Ukrainian president.  The whistle blower was set up big time.
The information that the whistleblower was given was that Trump was reaching out to the leader of a foreign country for dirt on his political opponent (which is a crime).  That information was confirmed in the transcript that the White House released.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 01:16:05 pm »

I'm sure everybody knows how impeachment works.   Trump WANTS to be impeached and is daring the Democrats to impeach him.   I'll tell you why.

Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton are the only two presidents who've been impeached. Their cases were very simple.  Both were acquitted by the Senate, as the Senate requires a two-thirds majority to convict.

What is the crime Trump is accused of committing?  There's no evidence of ANY crime. So there won't be a two-thirds majority voting to convict.

BUT.......

The Senate trial is a REAL TRIAL and Trump will have his own lawyers putting on his defense.  He'll declassify everything he needs in order to defend himself, which includes him presenting evidence of wrongdoing by the other side.   In other words a trial in the Senate will lead to the exposure of absolutely everything that the media has so far ignored.

Every news outlet will cover the trial daily and the country will see evidence of unprecedented criminality...... by the DEMOCRATS.  Biden is small potatoes. He doesn't even matter.  If Trump goes on trial, he's going to expose EVERY SINGLE CRIME the Democrats committed, going back to January of 2009.  Both Obama and the Clintons will be thrown in jail along with many others.

Not only will the Senate NOT convict Trump, this will be a death knell for the Democratic party.

We know that the "whistle blower" was GIVEN the information that Trump said "troubling" things in his phone call to the Ukrainian president.  The whistle blower was set up big time.

Trump has had three years to prepare for this. And now we'll see if the Democrats go all the way.
Impeachment is the death of the Democratic party.  NOT impeaching will make the base stay home in 2020.

In all scenarios, Trump wins.  And that's why he orchestrated this.

Blah, blah, blah. Trump is playing 4d chess and out smarts everyone yet again!  Roll Eyes

You clearly haven't been paying attention to anything if you're asking what has he done to cause impeachment. Forget everything from the Mueller report, but with the Ukraine AND Australian call, he's using his political office for personal gain and looking for dirt on political rivals. Now he's trying to find who the whistle-blower is. ALL OF THAT IS A CRIME. Are you this dense?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 01:55:22 pm »

The information that the whistleblower was given was that Trump was reaching out to the leader of a foreign country for dirt on his political opponent (which is a crime).  That information was confirmed in the transcript that the White House released.
It's not a crime. In fact we have a treaty (signed by Clinton)with the Ukraine that encourages it. Why do you think Nancy never actually took a vote? Behind the scenes they are in panic mode because they have nothing. They thought they could BS the public because the transcripts were secret and then Trump released them and blew that up.

The Democrats have spent billions of our dollars to defeat Trump and they have failed every time. Sooner or later you guys will wise up and at least find some competent politicians. If nothing else quit getting your news from CNN and MSNBC.  hahahaha

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:59:03 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 02:16:59 pm »

It's not a crime. In fact we have a treaty (signed by Clinton)with the Ukraine that encourages it.

What alleged treaty encourages violating 52 U.S. Code § 3012?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 02:23:37 pm »

What alleged treaty encourages violating 52 U.S. Code § 3012?

TREATY WITH UKRAINE ON MUTUAL LEGAL
ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS
can be found here:
https://www.congress.gov/106/cdoc/tdoc16/CDOC-106tdoc16.pdf

This following is contained in Clinton's Letter of Transmittal which highlights some bullet points of the treaty but I have included a link to the cover letter to the Senate

Senate confirmation: https://www.congress.gov/treaty-document/106th-congress/16/document-text

The Treaty is one of a series of modern mutual legal
assistance treaties being negotiated by the United States in
order to counter criminal activities more effectively. The
Treaty should be an effective tool to assist in the prosecution
of a wide variety of crimes, including drug trafficking
offenses. The Treaty is self-executing. It provides for a broad
range of cooperation in criminal matters.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:26:01 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 02:41:03 pm »

Just skimmed the treaty.

The treaty does not authorize the POTUS to blackmail Ukraine into providing dirt on a political opponent. 

And Trump violated the protocol of requiring all requests be provided in writing.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 02:48:49 pm »

It's not a crime. In fact we have a treaty (signed by Clinton)with the Ukraine that encourages it. Why do you think Nancy never actually took a vote? Behind the scenes they are in panic mode because they have nothing. They thought they could BS the public because the transcripts were secret and then Trump released them and blew that up.

The Democrats have spent billions of our dollars to defeat Trump and they have failed every time. Sooner or later you guys will wise up and at least find some competent politicians. If nothing else quit getting your news from CNN and MSNBC.  hahahaha

this is what grasping at straws looks like
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 03:01:34 pm »

Just skimmed the treaty.

The treaty does not authorize the POTUS to blackmail Ukraine into providing dirt on a political opponent. 

And Trump violated the protocol of requiring all requests be provided in writing.
Why add the word blackmail like something CNN did? There was no blackmail or threat. We've all read the transcript and if you haven't then why argue it? Since we are adding things then I should add that Pelosi kicked his arse and made him to make that call. hahaha Wow ... this is kind of fun. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 03:03:59 pm »

Just skimmed the treaty.

Can you provide the blackmail part in the transcript? I don't see it.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 03:05:15 pm »

this is what grasping at straws looks like
Look in the mirror brother. You guys said the same thing about Russia and the Mueller report and what came of it? Nothing burger. The Mueller investigation did not support Schiff’s or any other Democrat's promised conclusion. In fact, it found that there was no collusion, cooperation or coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. Just because the make believe media says it does not make it true.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 03:16:50 pm »

I have been relatively quiet about all of this stuff since he's taken office.

But it's indefensible at this point.  He's working with foreign governments, using the office for personal gain.  He's been doing it since before he took office, in fact.  This is also the Russia situation, but in that case, there were so many moving parts and it was in the rear-view mirror...harder to get a smoking gun.

But this is obvious.  The GOP talking points can't stick and are all over the place.  They are slamming the way in which the whistle was blown, whataboutism with Biden, everyone does it, he did it but there was no quip pro quo, etc.  None of it is sticking because there's really no defense.  He can't claim he didn't do it because it's all out there, so the spin machine is failing.

You can read the statement yourself.  You can hear Giuliani admit to it.  And there's constantly moving the goalpost about who knew what and when.  It's because they tried to cover it up and hide it because they knew it was wrong.

And the numbers are shifting to reflect this.

There are some Trump supporters who will never change.  He said it himself.  I could shoot someone in the street and not lose voters.  For some people, he was right.  And those are grasping at straws to protect him at all costs. 

Trump is a disgusting, moral-less egomaniac and is the mouthpiece for Christianity.  That alone should shock you to your core.  It just goes to show you how people can brainwash themselves.  This man is the antithesis of Christianity in every imaginable way and he's their champion.  It's absolutely insanity.

I can't say that the GOP will oust him -- though they certainly might....and he would have to resign.  But this is most definitely real and has consequences.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 03:43:32 pm »

Can you provide the blackmail part in the transcript? I don't see it.

President Zelenskyy: Yes you are absolutely right. Not only 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I'm very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

Pres of Ukraine asks for military assistance, Trump responds by asking for an investigation into his political opponent’s son.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 03:54:38 pm »

Pres of Ukraine asks for military assistance, Trump responds by asking for an investigation into his political opponent’s son.
That's not blackmail. That's 2 separate things within the same conversation. So if Trump hung up after the military assistance conversation and called back the next day and discussed an investigation of a suspected crime by Biden then it would have been OK?

If you call me to borrow $20 and at the end of the conversation I ask you if you can give me a ride to the airport the next day. I'm not blackmailing you. You people are nuts....

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 04:22:29 pm »

That's not blackmail. That's 2 separate things within the same conversation. So if Trump hung up after the military assistance conversation and called back the next day and discussed an investigation of a suspected crime by Biden then it would have been OK?

If you call me to borrow $20 and at the end of the conversation I ask you if you can give me a ride to the airport the next day. I'm not blackmailing you. You people are nuts....

it would just make it less obvious .. this is obvious .. also if I ask you to take me to the airport and you ask me for $20 that's the textbook definition of a quid-pro-quo .. you do something for me .. and in exchange i do something for you .. you rub my back and i'll rub yours .. how many other ways can you say it? you're sitting here admitting with your analogy that a quid-pro-quo is exactly what happened based on a transcript trump provided.. that's already illegal, him even asking for ukraine to investigate biden is already illegal .. it isn't for the US government .. it's for trump2020 .. that's what makes it illegal!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 04:25:10 pm »

Look in the mirror brother. You guys said the same thing about Russia and the Mueller report and what came of it? Nothing burger. The Mueller investigation did not support Schiff’s or any other Democrat's promised conclusion. In fact, it found that there was no collusion, cooperation or coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. Just because the make believe media says it does not make it true.

There was enough in the Mueller report to impeach. His recommendation was for congress to conduct an impeachment investigation. The democrats just decided not to. Which i disagreed with. Also Trump 2016 provided polling data to the russian government .. how can you say there was no coordination. Stay away from where you get your fake news. It's not doing you any favors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray