Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:09:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23145 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2020, 11:19:41 am »

It requires republican house and senate members to go on formal record that they are willing to accept Trump’s abuse of power and declare “party before country”
If that was the case then the articles would have been sent over immediately after they were voted on. The problem is that the House majority thinks that they can run the Senate. To the contrary, the Senate has the sole power to conduct impeachment trials. If they don't do their jobs, the sole remedy is to vote out the current senators and replace them with new ones. The idea that Pelosi and the House have any say over the impeachment trial is pure non sense. The longer she holds on to the articles, the worse it's going to be on the Democrats.

Most people I know, even people that hate Trump, don't even give a shit anymore because it's dragging on so long. What  Pelosi is doing is the equivalent of a coach who is down by 21 with 1:30 left in the game using all his timeouts like it's going to help win. 

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2020, 11:40:17 am »

All you have to do is be a student of history (or old enough to remember) and look at the Bill Clinton impeachment of 1998-1999.   Exact same situation but with the parties switched.  Clinton was impeached in the House with voting pretty much strictly along party lines.  It eventually went to the Senate where again the voting was pretty much along party lines and Clinton was not removed from office.  Exact same situation.  None of this is about anyone from either party thinking that he is going to be removed from office nor is it anything about members of Congress trying to "do what is right" for America.  It is simply an opportunity for each party to cater to their respective constituents in order to appease them and secure enough votes in their districts to get them re-elected.  As usual, Congress cares about one thing.  Getting re-elected.  And this goes for both parties.  They are all just different sides of the same slimy coin.  The longer it gets dragged out, the more the Democrats can crow to their constituents about how they are "going after that rat bastard Trump" and the more the Republicans can crow to their constituents about their feigned indignation at the Democrats trying to impeach the president "for no good reason".    Nothing to see here, move along.  Just the usual political posturing and pandering to keep themselves re-elected by appeasing their voting bases.  Seen this movie too many times to be surprised by the ending. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2020, 10:23:14 am »

I'm still failing to understand the point of the process unless the end result is removal. 

If there is evidence (and I believe that there is) to take a case to trial, you take it.  It's the role of the branches of government to attempt to hold the other branches accountable.  It's important to get all that stuff on the record.  The House needs to do its job, the Senate has their role, etc.  You let it play out.

This isn't about Trump.  This is about a long-standing political system of checks and balances.  You do your work and get it on the record for history to judge.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2020, 10:57:17 am »

If there is evidence (and I believe that there is) to take a case to trial, you take it.  It's the role of the branches of government to attempt to hold the other branches accountable.  It's important to get all that stuff on the record.  The House needs to do its job, the Senate has their role, etc.  You let it play out.

This isn't about Trump.  This is about a long-standing political system of checks and balances.  You do your work and get it on the record for history to judge.
I realize you believe there is evidence ... and I don't blame you based on the liberal media ... but the truth is Pelosi and others do not and is why they want to introduce more evidence. They need to submit their case and be done with it. Even many other Democrats are not supporting her in how she is handling this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:59:15 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2020, 03:09:09 pm »

I realize you believe there is evidence ... and I don't blame you based on the liberal media ... but the truth is Pelosi and others do not and is why they want to introduce more evidence. They need to submit their case and be done with it. Even many other Democrats are not supporting her in how she is handling this.
They're not supporting her because it's a sham. That's why she hasn't sent the articles to the Senate. Until there is a trial in the Senate, there is no impeachment. It doesn't exist.

Even Feinstein called out Pelosi on her bullshit claim that the impeachment was urgent and needed to be done quickly. Feinstein said, "If it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over." So I guess it isn't urgent and Pelosi way lying. The House Democrats are running a shit show circus and it's only helping Trump. You can't write this shit...

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2020, 09:06:38 am »

They're not supporting her because it's a sham. That's why she hasn't sent the articles to the Senate. Until there is a trial in the Senate, there is no impeachment. It doesn't exist.

Even Feinstein called out Pelosi on her bullshit claim that the impeachment was urgent and needed to be done quickly. Feinstein said, "If it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over." So I guess it isn't urgent and Pelosi way lying. The House Democrats are running a shit show circus and it's only helping Trump. You can't write this shit...
I completely agree but I also watched liberal media yesterday and its funny how quiet stories like this are.  At one point on FOX I saw interviews or quotes from at least 8 or 9 Democrats who have criticized her for not sending the articles of impeachment.

Funny side note ... I read yesterday that she actually got the idea from CNN about not sending them. You know ...  the newscast that claims Trump makes his decisions based off FOX News. Like you said .. You can't write this shit...

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray