Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:04:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23639 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2019, 01:54:04 pm »

About 30 House reps, led by Matt Gaetz of all people, are trying to break into a closed door impeachment hearing in protest. Even though there are R's in the hearing, they're saying they're being excluded and shut out from it. Such a publicity stunt by a bunch of children who don't actually want to get the answers, but instead continue to put party over country.
I know we will never agree but I have to ask as I don't understand. How do you think they are they not wanting answers when they are wanting things to be out in the open as they always have? It would seem to me that the party, whichever one, that has changed things to be secretive would have an agenda.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2019, 02:09:57 pm »

I know we will never agree but I have to ask as I don't understand. How do you think they are they not wanting answers when they are wanting things to be out in the open as they always have? It would seem to me that the party, whichever one, that has changed things to be secretive would have an agenda.
It's all that transparency and tolerance that you hear the left always preaching about, LMAO.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2019, 02:13:32 pm »

It's all that transparency and tolerance that you hear the left always preaching about, LMAO.

Admit it...You're one of those guys that always laughs really loud at their own jokes in public, even when they really aren't funny.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2019, 02:25:25 pm »

It is not unusual for intelligence committee to have closed door hearings when dealing with classified material.  This one occurred during the Bengazi hearings as well. Nobody stormed the room.  Republicans are out of control.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 02:47:19 pm »

It is not unusual for intelligence committee to have closed door hearings when dealing with classified material.  This one occurred during the Bengazi hearings as well. Nobody stormed the room.  Republicans are out of control.

I love how you add ...Republican's are out of control as if it adds to your point. The truth is impeachment hearings have always been public. Impeachment hearings are fact finding hearings. The need to fact find in secrecy and release only what you want people to see and hear is political. This means the "truth" is not the most important part for the Democrats.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2019, 02:57:17 pm »

Admit it...You're one of those guys that always laughs really loud at their own jokes in public, even when they really aren't funny.

No, I'm one of those guys that will laugh in your face and hope you put your hands on me.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2019, 03:35:27 pm »

I love how you add ...Republican's are out of control as if it adds to your point. The truth is impeachment hearings have always been public. Impeachment hearings are fact finding hearings. The need to fact find in secrecy and release only what you want people to see and hear is political. This means the "truth" is not the most important part for the Democrats.

I am even okay with televising it live ...... as long as Cooper is prohibited from refusing to answer a question on the grounds that the material is classified.  Which is exactly what is going to happen in an open hearing.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2019, 08:41:24 am »

It's not a secret. Plenty of R's have access to the proceedings and transcripts. There are even republicans on the committees asking questions. This isn't like how republicans held no committees on repealing the ACA and excluding the democrats. This is how the rules are setup and they are following them. There is a lot of classified material being shared and they decided to follow the rules and hold it where things like that is normally held.

What's so secretive?
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2019, 08:42:17 am »

This is another reason why Trump needs to go. This is his base. MLB umpire threatening to start a Civil War and buy an AR-15 if Trump is impeached. This is the base of the republican party.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-umpire-threatens-to-buy-ar-15-start-cival-war-over-trump-impeachment-hearings-234819500.html
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2019, 08:58:48 am »

This is another reason why Trump needs to go. This is his base. MLB umpire threatening to start a Civil War and buy an AR-15 if Trump is impeached. This is the base of the republican party.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-umpire-threatens-to-buy-ar-15-start-cival-war-over-trump-impeachment-hearings-234819500.html
This is a given. If you didn't know that you haven't been paying attention. This started when people started attacking cops, continued when Trump was elected and Democrats vowed to impeach him from day one, and now talking about taking guns from citizens. Obama era created Trump. The silliness that seems to get worse every day is creating something much more. I think Democrats have forgotten that the Republicans and Libertarians are mainly the same people who fought for freedom. I know they have forgotten they are the same ones who gave women rights to vote and freed the slaves so it doesn't surprise me. It's no accident that military, police, and fire are not known for voting democrat.  

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2019, 09:05:01 am »

^^^ The current GOP bears zero resemblance to the GOP of ancient history.

I also like how you shoehorned "This started when people started attacking cops" into the impeachment thread ("OMG...if you want Trump impeached, you must want cops to die!"). Your manipulation skillz seem to be improving.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2019, 09:10:10 am »

I also like how you shoehorned "This started when people started attacking cops" into the impeachment thread ("OMG...if you want Trump impeached, you must want cops to die!"). Your manipulation skillz seem to be improving.

I wasn't addressing impeachment per se. I was addressing the fact that liberal policies are creating hostile reaction from the other side... which is what his post was about. The "fake" impeachment is just one of a long list of things.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2019, 09:57:29 am »

I wasn't addressing impeachment per se. I was addressing the fact that liberal policies are creating hostile reaction from the other side... which is what his post was about. The "fake" impeachment is just one of a long list of things.

You are now justifying violence, civil war and treason because Congress is doing its job of investigating Constitutional violations by the President.

And what exactly do you mean by attacking cops?  Holding Guyger and Dean and others accountable?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2019, 10:08:24 am »

^^^ If he thinks of it as a "fake impeachment," it makes it easier to ignore the truth about all the heinous crap that he's doing.

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2019, 12:57:21 pm »

It doesn’t bear much resemblance to the Republican party that nominated McCain.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray