Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:28:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23491 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2019, 03:51:50 pm »

I completely agree. What I'm saying is that his actions as the president make it an impeachable offense. What he did when he was a candidate while deplorable didn't rise to the offense of an impeachable act. That's the difference.

Disagree, if Nixon had broken into Hubert Humphrey campaign office before being elected president, rather than McGovern’s it would not have diminished the crime in the least.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2019, 11:37:02 am »

Disagree, if Nixon had broken into Hubert Humphrey campaign office before being elected president, rather than McGovern’s it would not have diminished the crime in the least.
Fair enough, but Nancy Pelosi and others seem to disagree with you. She changed her tune on this latest incident and the rhetoric has been it's because this was done while in the white house acting as the POTUS among other reasons. Nixon didn't resign solely on the fact that he ordered the bugging but also on trying to cover it up as well as many other serious crimes that may not have even been possible if he's not the POTUS at the time. I see something similar with Trump in this latest incident. The watergate bugging only got the ball rolling on Nixon, once everything that he was doing came out that's when he was forced to resign. I kinda see that happening here as well. Most of this is abuse of power stuff. You can't have that without the power.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:07:25 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2019, 08:39:08 am »

So, barring everything up to yesterday, Mick Mulvaney just admitted to quid pro quo with the Ukraine call and says they do it all the time. In a press conference. I mean, that is literally grounds for impeachment. In any other world, this would be a slam dunk for impeachment. Former Trump admin aides are coming in to testify and provide background to everything. Let's see how the R's keep defending this guy.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2019, 01:01:19 pm »

/\ Doesn't change a think.  He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue Republican Senators won't vote to remove

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2019, 01:20:45 pm »

/\ Doesn't change a think.  He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue Republican Senators won't vote to remove

Oh, I know, you're right. The majority of the R's don't care about the rule of law.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2019, 02:51:16 pm »

It's really sad that you never get the irony in saying things like this. Both sides, for the most part, are bat shit crazy when it comes to overlooking hypocritical issues of their own party.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2019, 03:14:40 pm »

It's really sad that you never get the irony in saying things like this. Both sides, for the most part, are bat shit crazy when it comes to overlooking hypocritical issues of their own party.

There has always been some of that, for eons.  But it has never been to this degree.  At this point support for Trump is like if the democratic party rallied behind Rod Blagojevic, because they agreed with him ideologically.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:10:31 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2019, 01:08:11 pm »

The more I think about the Democratic party handling of Rod Blagojevich after hearing the audio tape is the perfect comparison to the Republican response to the Trump Ukraine audio tape.  Both are irrefutable evidence of an elected executive abusing his authority for personal gain.  One Democratic house member voted against his impeachment and three abstained, there is no way I could vote for any of those 4, as they failed to do their job in keeping the executive branch in check.  The same standards apply to those who still support Trump

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2019, 09:53:44 am »

The problem here is that he actually means it and his supporters will still defend him even if they saw him shoot someone. And I bet after showing you the video footage of it you'd still deny he did anything wrong. Just like the UN of him laughing that you didn't see it that way.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2019, 11:49:28 am »

The problem here is that he actually means it and his supporters will still defend him even if they saw him shoot someone. And I bet after showing you the video footage of it you'd still deny he did anything wrong. Just like the UN of him laughing that you didn't see it that way.
That seems less of an issue than supporting Hillary to me and yet ... she has a lot of supporters still to this day. There is no way a person can support her without overlooking tons of crap and that's exactly my point. As long as people get whatever it is they want they will overlook quite a bit.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2019, 12:02:13 pm »

I am not thrilled with Hillary, but nothing she did ever came close to Trump.  Plus, Hillary is irrelevant.  What is relevant is did the POTUS abuse the office, in using foreign policy to create election interference.   And there is no question about that.  His abuse of power is even more obvious than R. B.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »

I am not thrilled with Hillary, but nothing she did ever came close to Trump.  Plus, Hillary is irrelevant.  What is relevant is did the POTUS abuse the office, in using foreign policy to create election interference.   And there is no question about that.  His abuse of power is even more obvious than R. B.
*YAWN* Probably should start working on your next Trump conspiracy since the last dozen or so haven't worked out.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2019, 01:22:13 pm »

*YAWN* Probably should start working on your next Trump conspiracy since the last dozen or so haven't worked out.

I don’t need to do anything for the next incident that is worthy of his removal from office and imprisonment that the republicans will defend as no big deal.  Trump will provide it.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2019, 02:57:31 pm »

That seems less of an issue than supporting Hillary to me and yet ... she has a lot of supporters still to this day. There is no way a person can support her without overlooking tons of crap and that's exactly my point. As long as people get whatever it is they want they will overlook quite a bit.

Stop worrying about Hillary. She isn't going to get you. You're safe. Also, what conspiracy theories are you referring to that haven't worked out so far? The ones that are actually real but the R's won't do anything about?
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2019, 01:09:37 pm »

About 30 House reps, led by Matt Gaetz of all people, are trying to break into a closed door impeachment hearing in protest. Even though there are R's in the hearing, they're saying they're being excluded and shut out from it. Such a publicity stunt by a bunch of children who don't actually want to get the answers, but instead continue to put party over country.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray