Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:32:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Donald Trump getting impeached
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump getting impeached  (Read 23595 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2019, 02:59:07 pm »

it's also dependent on what you consider yourself to be .. there's left vs right then there corporatist vs populist and i think that the populist left gets labeled as far left .. but in reality it's much more majoritarian than the corporatist left is
The gays and most extreme liberals I now were raised around rednecks and Christians so they do not have the, what I would call, extreme view of conservatives. So even though they may believe in abortion or are atheist they respect the other side because they know it too. They also know the benefits of the other point of view.

For instance ... we just went on a cruise with a gay friend of my wife's ... an old classmate. He is a businessman who lives in downtown Chicago and is basically married to another dude. Very urban, uptown professional gay guy. He in no way is ever going to vote Republican but yet he easily hangs out with many of us. Why? His family is country Christians and although he went through a rough patch with his father once he came out ... they now have a great relationship. He's seen and knows both sides. I think too many times people want to label people, like his father, a homophobe when in reality they just haven't had to deal with the situation enough to understand it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2019, 03:17:12 pm »

What's an extreme liberal tho?

And I don't generally mix up politics and personality. My next door neighbor is a maga hat wearing christian and I have a fine relationship with him and his wife. They're otherwise good people.  I don't assume that Trumpers or christians are inherently bad people. It's the equivalent of the evangelical "love the sinner, hate the sin" concept. I hate their beliefs but I don't hate them as people, I just think they're wrong.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2019, 03:28:09 pm »

What's an extreme liberal tho?

Picture examples
Gay person liberal -

Extreme gay person liberal -

As far as generality goes I'd say anyone that feel they need to show you their opinion whenever they can. I don't need my kids to know dildo man's sexual choices any more than I need them to know which heteros like anal sex.  No one needs to know other's sexual choices. there are many others to ... like women who brag about abortions, people who think all Christians are homophobes, or that white men are racist etc. The people that pretend "stereotypes" define a conservative group are probably the same ones I would consider extreme.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2019, 03:50:42 pm »

Just to clarify so I understand. So an extremely small number of actual people are extreme liberals and it has more to do with how they present themselves and not the "extreme" of their opinions on policies?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2020, 09:32:38 am »

*Bump

No particular reason for the bump, just hated to see it fall so far down the list.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2020, 09:41:21 am »

John Bolton says he'll talk if he's subpoenaed. Oh, the juicy details there.  Grin
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2020, 11:48:54 am »

It is pointless.  The senate is not going to remove him despite the clear and obvious abuses. 

Focus should be on removing him and his enablers in Nov.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2020, 02:16:06 pm »

Not gonna happen. Trump and his fellow Republicans will win big. Just like what Trump did in blowing up Mr Isis ... when the Huffington Post starts posting their own polls and it shows Trump on the favorable side you know that it's even much worse. They are so liberal they can sometimes make CNN look moderate.

Just to clarify so I understand. So an extremely small number of actual people are extreme liberals and it has more to do with how they present themselves and not the "extreme" of their opinions on policies?
Typically that goes hand in hand doesn't it? I'd wager most dildo wearing gays, trans or whatevers most likely are ok with full term abortions and even after birth abortions while conservatively dressed lesbians who go to church are more likely to not be as accepting. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:19:13 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2020, 02:16:30 pm »

It's pointless.  The senate is not going to remove him because there is no substance from the TDS Democrats.

Focus should be on getting cameras ready for people on the left's heads to explode when he's elected again.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2020, 02:20:29 pm »

It's pointless.  The senate is not going to remove him because there is no substance from the TDS Democrats.

Focus should be on getting cameras ready for people on the left's heads to explode when he's elected again.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2020, 02:27:17 pm »

I agree that he won't be removed.  But I think it's important to still exercise the process.

I also think it's very possible that he gets elected again.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2020, 04:39:32 pm »

But I think it's important to still exercise the process.
You might want to inform Pelosi of the next step in the process. Otherwise she's wasting everyone's time and tax dollars.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2020, 08:28:50 am »

I agree that he won't be removed.  But I think it's important to still exercise the process.

I also think it's very possible that he gets elected again.

I'm still failing to understand the point of the process unless the end result is removal. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2020, 09:20:02 am »

I'm still failing to understand the point of the process unless the end result is removal. 

It requires republican house and senate members to go on formal record that they are willing to accept Trump’s abuse of power and declare “party before country”

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2020, 09:52:15 am »

Except the only ones who believe he abused his powers are, again, the left.  So we are back to square one.  No removal from office and a high probability of re-election.  I'm failing, again, to see the point other than grandstanding to your own base who already does not need enforcement of their views on the man.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray