Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:28:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  We're so bad, you can't analyze it.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: We're so bad, you can't analyze it.  (Read 3306 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:28:36 pm »

In the past, we've been bad.  But you still put a team on the field trying to do things for the future.  There were guys to watch, there were plays to look back on and analyze.  There was some level of football to review.  There were lessons to learn.

This is a different kind of bad. 

I feel like the team this year is only going out on the field because they're contractually obligated to put one out in order to maintain the franchise.

You know when you go out and get your ass kicked so bad one week, that the coach says that they're just going to throw out the week?  I feel like that's the whole season.

It doesn't make any sense to evaluate QBs or young players...or anything, really.  The entire season is wasted. 

For the first time...maybe in my football-watching life, I didn't watch the game, despite being home.  I turned on the TV, so I could look at the score when I walked past, but I don't feel that this is a product that is asking to be watched.  There's literally nothing to learn from it.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 04:40:06 pm »

I think for a majority of the players their NFL future depends on how they play.  X. Howard can go out there and coast through the game and he will still get hired by another team, or vets near the ends of their careers can take it easy.  BUT the younger, middling guys need to show that they are putting in the effort, both in practice and through out games, otherwise the Dolphins, and other teams, won't pay them in future years.

But I agree with the OP, there isn't a lot you can analyze "team" wise given the lack of talent in so many positions, you can only focus on individual effort.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 10:04:20 am »

BUT the younger, middling guys need to show that they are putting in the effort, both in practice and through out games, otherwise the Dolphins, and other teams, won't pay them in future years.
I'm not sure even that is true. I can very easily see a team looking past this fiasco.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:25:17 am »

The 2007 team that went 1-15 had more fight than this current team. Its very painful to watch.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 10:33:09 am »

The 2007 team that went 1-15 had more fight than this current team. Its very painful to watch.
We expected to compete that year but went 0-13 with our new offensive guru of a coach. The fact we were winless then was a complete surprise as we had a decent team. The same can't be said for this year when we probably only have about 25 players who will be in the NFL next year or so.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 11:18:48 am »

We expected to compete that year but went 0-13 with our new offensive guru of a coach. The fact we were winless then was a complete surprise as we had a decent team. The same can't be said for this year when we probably only have about 25 players who will be in the NFL next year or so.

We're also actively getting rid of our players while it's happening.  Each week, more guys are gone.  It's unprecedented. 

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 11:22:10 am »

I also believe we will also rebound faster than other teams have. Like I had mentioned in another thread ... Grier has done in one season what others had expected us to do in several. Now we have to wait and see if he can do what he wants to do. He has plenty of money and picks to rebuild this team to a respectable level in one year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 02:21:37 pm »

I think their are significant difference between 2007/2008 and what is happening now.  In 2007 the Dolphins never gave up.  They got humiliated frequently but they never quit.  You saw that in the Ravens game.  They made NE and Bengals fight for a win weeks 16 & 17. 

This year the Dolphins gave up week 1. 

Also a turn around requires a spark.  2007-2008 Mia got a new GM and coach, who could say, “forget what you did last year, we do things differently “. Not going to have that.  Mia has gotten rid of all their player leaders.  A good team captain makes a big difference. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 01:35:42 am »

I think their are significant difference between 2007/2008 and what is happening now.  In 2007 the Dolphins never gave up.  They got humiliated frequently but they never quit.  You saw that in the Ravens game.  They made NE and Bengals fight for a win weeks 16 & 17.  

This year the Dolphins gave up week 1.  

Also a turn around requires a spark.  2007-2008 Mia got a new GM and coach, who could say, “forget what you did last year, we do things differently “. Not going to have that.  Mia has gotten rid of all their player leaders.  A good team captain makes a big difference.  

This is not entirely true.

The Week 16 game against the Patriots was 28-7.  The Patriots led 28-0 at the half.  It was not close at all.

The Bengals game was close until the third quarter, when Beck came in, and immediately fumbled the ball away for a touchdown.

The difference between 2007 and this year is definitely defense.  The 2007 had some good defensive players. This team has none at all except Howard

Another thing is that Cam Cameron didn't train the Dolphins hard enough during training camp.  They were out in shape.

Brady going down in 2008 definitely factored into the Dolphins success the following year.  So did the surprise of the wildcat.

It's interesting that the 2008 season was similar to the 2016 season in that Miami won close game after close game, and very easily could have had the reversal of their record.

Let's look at some of the 2016 playoff starting lineup against Pittsburgh:

QB: Matt Moore
RB: Jay Ajayi
WR: Kenny Stills
DE: Cameron Wake
DT: Suh

All these guys are gone now

I don't think Miami has "Given up", I just think it is just a lack of talent.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:38:12 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 11:59:46 am »

Yeah, I think "given up" is maybe a poor choice of words. More like "resigned to their own fate". They know it's going to be a very long year and it's very hard to get motivated to play each week under these circumstances.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 02:23:43 pm »

I think you're both right, depending on whether you're talking about players or management.

As of yet, the players haven't given up on the team.
But the management has. 

It's not like I'm upset about it, but they're actively trading away talent, taking away any chance of the coach or players to succeed on the field.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray