Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:57:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Breakout players on the Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Breakout players on the Dolphins  (Read 1190 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: October 02, 2019, 01:33:18 pm »

Figured we needed a positive thread.

If you have not been paying attention you may have not noticed a few people who are doing well. Everyon knows about Rashad Jones, Bobby McCain, and Xavian Howard but these guys are doing well too and you may not have noticed.

Currently we have a DE we picked up who is playing pretty well. Taco Charlton has 2 sacks and a few pressures in his 2 games and limited play. Not bad for a Cowboys cast off. According to reports the former 1st round pick has had a change of attitude since being let go. Now this may not turn into a pro bowl player but he looks to be a solid player for the future.

Another guy who has moved into good graces as of late is Raekwon McMillan. He went from the trade block to being a big reason we held our first team under 100 yards rushing. He had 7 tackles against San Diego. Not bad for a guy some people were thinking would be cut when they couldn't find a trade.

It's left to be seen but hopefully the Dolphins can develop former UM standout tackle Gerald Willis or tackle Robert Nkemdiche, the former first-rounder who had 4.5 sacks in 10 games for Arizona last season but remains out with a knee injury from last year.

The Patriots have been good at turning around busts and hopefully the Dolphins will be able to as well.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 03:11:57 pm »

Another guy who has moved into good graces as of late is Raekwon McMillan. He went from the trade block to being a big reason we held our first team under 100 yards rushing. He had 7 tackles against San Diego. Not bad for a guy some people were thinking would be cut when they couldn't find a trade.

I read somewhere that Raekwon has the highest grade for any linebacker in the NFL against the run last week .. according to PFF he's grading out at 88 which is crazy high.

He's been named to their first quarter all pro team at LB:

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-2019-first-quarter-nfl-all-pro-team
Raekwon McMillan, a 2017 second-round pick out of Ohio State, has taken a significant step forward this year, specifically in run defense. He currently leads all qualifiers at his position in overall grade (88.0) and ranks fourth in run-defense grade (84.3).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 03:15:54 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 04:17:33 pm »

Raekwon is a stud against the run, always has been. He just sucks against the pass. That kind of one-dimensionality in this league is a problem and the reason he isn't getting a lot of snaps.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:00:33 pm »

How is our 2019 first rounder doing so far?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 05:17:45 pm »

You forgot Jerome Baker. He's the best defensive player we have. He's well ahead of where Raekwon was at this point in his career.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 09:01:25 am »

How is our 2019 first rounder doing so far?

Christian Wilkins has been very solid so far. Made one mistake against the Chargers (the body-slam 15y penalty), but the coaches and teammates are gushing about him. Hard working, always smiling and happy, takes instruction well, etc.

EDIT: Just adding a few notes on the rest of the 2019 draft class:

The 2019 draft didn't have a lot of players donning Dolphins' jerseys. We had a 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and two 7th rounders. Wilkins (DT, 1st) is starting and doing well. Deiter (OG, 3rd) is starting and doing well, even filling in at LT against  the 'boys. Ginkel (LB, 5th) went on IR, no idea about him. Prince (T,  6th) was "next-man-up", starting against the Chargers and did okay. The two 7th rounders are running backs (well, Cox is more a fullback), probably the deepest position we have, so I don't expect them to get a lot of snaps. Cox in the fullback role has seen some according to the stat sheets, but I haven't noticed him during games.

I realize the team is crap, but you can't ask much more from such a small draft class. With a 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick STARTING on the offensive line against Bosa and Ingram... well, color me shocked that Rosen actually had a decent amount of time out there at times (even though there was a lot of max-protect).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:26:45 am by fyo » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 10:06:25 am »

That O-Line can go from bad to great in one offseason with the draft and salary cap ammo that we have as long as we have at least 1 decent person on it right now. Even better if two of them are solid.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray