Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:58:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game  (Read 14727 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2019, 06:28:56 pm »

Thanks to Houston, if things stay the way they are, the patriots will have to go through Baltimore.

Of course that means that pats will have to root for Buffalo to beat the Ravens.

Yeah, I am a Buffalo fan this week.  A lot easier to stomach that then rooting for the Jets the following week.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2019, 02:59:49 pm »

Yeah, I am a Buffalo fan this week.  A lot easier to stomach that then rooting for the Jets the following week.

And a much better chance of a happy ending

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2019, 04:48:19 pm »

And a much better chance of a happy ending

True. Jets beating Ravens would be an utter shock.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2019, 01:01:10 pm »

I am pretty sure the AFCCG will be Patriots and Ravens.....lot less certain about the winner.

I'm not seeing this at all.  Patriots look great when they are playing the Jets and the Dolphins, causing turnovers and only having to drive 25 yards for a score.  They look completely different against half way decent teams. 

If a team can run the ball (and has mobility under center) they can beat NE.  I'm not sure they make it to the AFC title game this year.  When the defense doesn't play out of it's mind the offense can't get out of it's own way.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2019, 02:09:48 pm »

I'm not seeing this at all.  Patriots look great when they are playing the Jets and the Dolphins, causing turnovers and only having to drive 25 yards for a score.  They look completely different against half way decent teams. 

If a team can run the ball (and has mobility under center) they can beat NE.  I'm not sure they make it to the AFC title game this year.  When the defense doesn't play out of it's mind the offense can't get out of it's own way.
I would agree but the problem is NE plays their best football at the end of the season. I'm not so sure playoff Patriots is the same team that you saw lose to the Texans.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2019, 02:27:54 pm »

I would agree but the problem is NE plays their best football at the end of the season. I'm not so sure playoff Patriots is the same team that you saw lose to the Texans.

Normally you're right but I'm still sticking with what I'm seeing.  And what I'm seeing is Tom Brady turning into the Peyton Manning in 2014/2015..... a guy whose body could no longer do what his mind commanded it to do.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2019, 09:59:23 am »

It was just last week, it's not like they played a month ago.  I'm not sure how you can say this.  NE usually has it's falter (if any) October, early November.  By now they have things under control, they aren't going into games like last week and getting stomped.  And, let's be clear - last week was a stomping.  NE put together a couple scores in garbage time, they had no shot to win that game.

Teams get stomped in this league, NE traditionally hasn't been one of them.

Right now my AFC title game is KC - Baltimore; I'm still holding out hope for the Titans.  NE doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2019, 10:35:17 am »

NE doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

NE is hard to beat at home with an extra week of rest. Going down to Baltimore and winning on the road, less likely. 

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2019, 12:24:01 pm »

NE is hard to beat at home with an extra week of rest. Going down to Baltimore and winning on the road, less likely. 

Got to actually secure a first round bye first.  I'm not sure that will happen, we will see.

-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2019, 04:19:35 pm »

Got to actually secure a first round bye first.  I'm not sure that will happen, we will see.

They would have to falter pretty bad down the home stretch to blow a two game lead on the #2 seed.  (and need to get real lucky to get the #1 seed) 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2019, 09:01:27 pm »

They would have to falter pretty bad down the home stretch to blow a two game lead on the #2 seed.  (and need to get real lucky to get the #1 seed) 

They took a huge step towards doing exactly that today losing at home to KC.  First home loss by the Pats since Oct 2017.   If KC runs the table and New England loses one of their remaining three games, New England falls to the #3 seed which means no first round bye. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2019, 09:30:12 pm »

They took a huge step towards doing exactly that today losing at home to KC.  First home loss by the Pats since Oct 2017.   If KC runs the table and New England loses one of their remaining three games, New England falls to the #3 seed which means no first round bye. 

That game was the most ridiculous game I have seen so far this year.

Quick whistle negated what should have been a Patriot fumble return for a touchdown.

Then, the Patriots player clearly scored a touchdown, but was ruled out of bounds, forcing the Patriots to settle for a field goal.

Then, a blatant no call on the Patriots final drive.

I really hope this is not a sign of things to come in the playoffs.  If the Patriots lose, I want it to be fair and square.

I think I also I am going to coin a new phrase from this game.  PT.  This is short for Patriots Turnover.   This means a turnover that the Patriots force (or their opponent just hands to them) when everything is going perfectly for their opponents.  They got one today, when Kelce SHOULD have just gone down since he had the first down.

The Patriots will still likely win the Super Bowl because their opponents will panic and self-destruct.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »

Sometimes I do wonder if something is going on behind the scenes.   I mean, bad calls happen, but they usually aren't so one-sided in a game

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2019, 09:47:30 pm »

except those plays happened before a call that was clearly a 15 yard penalty on the patriots when Patrick Mahomes was thrown into the ground while already out of bounds, even the announces said it should have been a penalty. It works both ways on the bad calls.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2019, 09:52:58 pm »

This was just a poorly officiated game. Still good to see the patsies lose, but they realistically should have the win.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray