Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:27:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game  (Read 14718 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2019, 10:21:36 pm »

It was just like the Ravens game, when the Ravens were rolling, and then fumbled the punt.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2020, 11:44:38 pm »

I think the Titans have a shot at the AFC title game. 

Smiley

That’s a smart post.
Smiley

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2020, 02:58:54 am »

That’s a smart post.
Smiley

Kudos to you, sir!  Quite the post, indeed.   Smiley

Either way, I'm happy for the Titans and, as stated before in prior post(s) in past few weeks/months, Tanney in particular!!

Wow...still can't believe they took down both teams that I'm not particularly fond of at all in the AFC beyond just AFC East teams in general (though Patriots' disdain much outweighs what I have against B'more, for obvious reasons), in both of their houses.  So awesome....

Just wish it could be our team doing that kind of work, but oh well....maybe one day in the not-forever-distant future!!

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2020, 01:43:20 pm »

I can't see the Titans beating KC in KC.  Baltimore was essentially a one man team that relied on the other defense guessing.   KC has much more firepower. 

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2020, 02:42:19 pm »

I can't see the Titans beating KC in KC.  Baltimore was essentially a one man team that relied on the other defense guessing.   KC has much more firepower. 

Agreed. I was shocked when I saw Baltimore play in primetime and they had a college offense with so many draw plays setup. Take an early lead against them and they have to pass more and it's really not the same. Lamar has room to grow and it's hard to not say he is very talented but he needs to learn how to be a QB more and stop relying on those legs when he can't make a tight throw.

I would take KC too but you can't discount Henry right now, nor can you discount Tanny's ability to just get it done when he needs to.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2020, 08:46:32 am »

They already beat KC this year once and I'm here to tell the world they are going to do it again.

49ers - Titans SB.  It's not sexy, but that's what it's going to be.  Ground and pound.

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2020, 08:53:42 am »

The 49ers destroyed Green Bay in week 12, without Dee Ford or Kwon Alexander. I think they destroy them again in the NFC Championship.

Kansas City vs Tennessee should be an insanely good game to watch, but Mahomes can do pretty much anything he wants on the field, so I think they'll beat Tennessee, but I will definitely be pulling for Tannehill and Henry in that one.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2020, 08:55:55 am »

I think KC was, actually, really lucky to win the game yesterday.  Houston got a little too cute and gave the game away.  Up 24 you punt, period, and play ball.  That game ended on that play.

The Titans are going to be a completely different beast next week.  Houston can't run the ball, can't control the clock and can't stop a fat kid from a doughnut. 

-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2020, 09:44:48 am »

I think KC was, actually, really lucky to win the game yesterday.  Houston got a little too cute and gave the game away.  Up 24 you punt, period, and play ball.  That game ended on that play.

The Titans are going to be a completely different beast next week.  Houston can't run the ball, can't control the clock and can't stop a fat kid from a doughnut. 

That was definitely one of the worst play calls in playoff history but they basically scored the next 41 points so I can't credit all of that to luck and bad Texans coaching.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2020, 10:37:10 am »

And they scored nada before that.  I think that play swung the entire game.

-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2020, 02:30:35 pm »

And that's why we play the games! hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2020, 04:58:54 pm »

Anyone who thought KC's first quarter dropsies were going to last the entire game was crazy.  Even at 24-0 it was obvious that KC was going to start scoring eventually.  Too many of their problems were due to bad luck.

Sorry, but no single play causes you to give up six straight TDs while scoring nothing on your end.  The Texans suffered an abrupt and severe reversion to the mean.  KC having a scoreless first quarter does not mean that game was somehow HOU's to lose.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:00:28 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray