Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:04:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game  (Read 14523 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 06, 2019, 04:21:14 pm »

KC and NE

It will be held at the stadium of whoever wins their regular season matchup.

I feel a Patriots Super Bowl victory is a foregone conclusion for this season.

I will just be rooting for them not to go undefeated

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:47:50 pm »

There are lots of bad teams in the league this season and very, very few elite teams. The Texans are the only other team that MIGHT turn it around a bit and win 12 games or so. I don't consider the Bills a threat because their opponents are something like 2-15 on the year and they barely beat them.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 05:17:51 am »

d4l, when I browse this site on my phone, I don't see the names of the ppl posting, but I swear I can tell yours apart every time. And that's not a good thing.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 11:29:27 am »

Good thing you're using pencil. Hope it has an eraser on the end of it as well.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 09:59:29 am »

I'm just going to go ahead and chisel in stone the 49ers' Super Bowl spot...

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 12:02:45 pm »

I'm just going to go ahead and chisel in stone the 49ers' Super Bowl spot...

Wink

Can you imagine the hype around "apprentice vs master" in Garoppolo vs Brady superbowl.  Fun fact:  none of Brady's apprentices ever prevailed over him in a game, his only former backup to get a win was Bledsoe who could hardly be considered one of Brady's apprentices.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 03:08:55 pm »

Can you imagine the hype around "apprentice vs master" in Garoppolo vs Brady superbowl.  Fun fact:  none of Brady's apprentices ever prevailed over him in a game, his only former backup to get a win was Bledsoe who could hardly be considered one of Brady's apprentices.   

True...Brady was technically Bledsoe's apprentice at the start.

I was fortunate enough to watch a great Apple Cup (UW vs WSU) when I lived up there. Drew Bledsoe for WSU vs Mark Brunell for UW.  Might be the drunkest I've ever been on US soil... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 03:24:14 pm »

Might be the drunkest I've ever been on US soil... Wink

You prefer to do your heaviest drinking internationally, rather than domesticly?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 04:41:22 pm »

You prefer to do your heaviest drinking internationally, rather than domesticly?

don't we all ?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 04:55:41 pm »

I recall from previous posts that he served in the military.   I can see why he made that statement.   You need the stress relief during your downtime and drinks are much cheaper overseas if you know the right spots.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 08:20:02 am »

Not thread related, but sticking with the current conversation......in 2005 I took a circuitous route to Iraq.  I flew a commercial airline from El Paso to Minneapolis and then Minneapolis to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Kuwait City and then a National Guard C130 from Ali Al Salim Air Base in Kuwait to Baghdad.  I was traveling with a Chair Force Major.  We had like a 6 hour layover in Amsterdam.  We weren't allowed to leave the airport so we spent 6 hours getting hammered in the airport bar and admiring the astounding beauty of like 85% of the women in the Amsterdam airport.  We could barely stagger onto the plane and were pretty nervous about whether we would be sober by the time we got picked up in Kuwait City.  Thankfully the female Airman who picked us up was cool and took us to get food and drove us around a while before taking us to the Kuwait embassy so we could at least get past the sloppy drunk stage of inebriation.  Good times.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 08:54:40 am »

Brad nailed it...9 of my top-10 drunken moments were in Europe during my two tours in the Army. Single drunkest moment...the lighting of the castle ceremony in Augsburg Germany in 1986. Not sure how many beers and bottles of Apfelkorn (apple schnapps) I drank that night, but I woke up on the grass in front of the castle the next morning with a wicked shiner and missing my left shoe.

Good times...   Grin

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 10:10:29 am »

Brad nailed it...9 of my top-10 drunken moments were in Europe during my two tours in the Army. Single drunkest moment...the lighting of the castle ceremony in Augsburg Germany in 1986. Not sure how many beers and bottles of Apfelkorn (apple schnapps) I drank that night, but I woke up on the grass in front of the castle the next morning with a wicked shiner and missing my left shoe.

Good times...   Grin

Not sure why, but that story really made me laugh my ass off.  Obviously only knowing you and your personality from your posts here, but I could absolutely see that happening to you. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 03:00:24 pm »

^^^ Yessir, I was a little wilder back in my 20's than I am now in my 50's, that's for sure. Grin

Back on topic...I am a little concerned about my 49ers offense. Even though we just got Tevin Coleman back, we are now using our #4 and #5 OT's, as our top 3 tackles are all injured, plus now we've lost our all-world fullback, Kyle Juszczyk.

Hopefully our defense can keep hammering folks...

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 11:54:53 pm »

Patriots win again, in typical nauseating fashion.

Their defense and special teams has outscored Miami's offense, I believe. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray