Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Redskins fire Jay Gruden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Redskins fire Jay Gruden  (Read 1497 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 07, 2019, 09:24:24 am »

That didn't take long.   Looks like we've had our first casualty of the season.   I'd say the Bengals, Chargers and Jets coaches are all on three hot seat as well

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 01:01:50 pm »

It's kind of strange how many franchises are a complete wreck considering the money spent to make them, well, not a wreck.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 01:48:11 pm »

It's kind of strange how many franchises are a complete wreck considering the money spent to make them, well, not a wreck.

I know, it's insane. Miami is PURPOSELY trying to lose and I'm not so certain we don't win at least 2 games out of the 4 we have against the Skins, Bengals and Jets. The Bengals are our biggest 0-16 threat since they have no future or plan. Skins might win a few under a new coach and the Jets have solid yet unspectacular talent, they shouldn't be 2-14 this year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 02:22:02 pm »

Also kinda weird they drew the line in the sand with NE.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:35:09 pm »

Also kinda weird they drew the line in the sand with NE.

They were going to fire him anyway, so they just waited until the inevitable beating by NE. Didn't want to fire him the week before and they got killed anyway. Would make the new guy look bad and all hope is gone. Now, they get to play the shitty Dolphins and delude themselves into thinking they are a good team when they win by 23.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 10:12:08 am »

They were going to fire him anyway, so they just waited until the inevitable beating by NE. Didn't want to fire him the week before and they got killed anyway. Would make the new guy look bad and all hope is gone. Now, they get to play the shitty Dolphins and delude themselves into thinking they are a good team when they win by 23.

I'm surprised that the video that came out last week of him smoking an unknown substance and hitting on a young girl didn't get more traction in the sports news.  I guess it wasn't a really recent video, but even so. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 02:37:32 pm »

I'm surprised that the video that came out last week of him smoking an unknown substance and hitting on a young girl didn't get more traction in the sports news.  I guess it wasn't a really recent video, but even so. 
Supposedly an old video. And the timing of its release was suspect at best. At least according to a couple articles that I've read.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 02:41:10 pm »

I don't care about tbe story really, unless by young you mean under age.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 08:06:12 am »

I haven't really bothered to seek out much information on the story.  I actually heard about it while listening to the fantasy sports station on XM radio in my car.  I agree that the girl being "young" is really only an issue if she was under age.  The guys talking about it on the radio made it sound like the girl looked like she could "possibly" be under age.  But that was obviously just conjecture.  As for the video being old, the guys I heard talking about it said they thought it was 1 to 2 years old.  And yes, the timing of the release of the video was definitely interesting.    Either way it wasn't a good week to be Jay Gruden.  Dude gets fired and I'm sure his wife was none too pleased about the video. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 08:39:44 am »

I haven't really bothered to seek out much information on the story.  I actually heard about it while listening to the fantasy sports station on XM radio in my car.  I agree that the girl being "young" is really only an issue if she was under age.  The guys talking about it on the radio made it sound like the girl looked like she could "possibly" be under age.  But that was obviously just conjecture.  As for the video being old, the guys I heard talking about it said they thought it was 1 to 2 years old.  And yes, the timing of the release of the video was definitely interesting.    Either way it wasn't a good week to be Jay Gruden.  Dude gets fired and I'm sure his wife was none too pleased about the video. 

Worst case, he can go stay with his brother who is making $10 million a year and owns a piece of his team

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray