Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:42:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The NBA and Hong Kong/China.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The NBA and Hong Kong/China.  (Read 4806 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 02:10:35 pm »

Or so we thought. They're all towing the line now. Even Charles Barkley is calling critics of the NBA idiots for thinking they should speak out.

If you're using Charles Barkley as your moral compass, you've already failed... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 11:11:52 am »

I am shocked the Twit-in-Chief hasn’t weighed in on NBA - China relations.  Fox and Friends must not have picked up the story.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 09:26:56 am »

Lebron James stepped in it.  ...bad look for him.  Trump will likely call them out as hypocrites, and rightfully so.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 12:18:08 pm »

Lebron James stepped in it.  ...bad look for him.  Trump will likely call them out as hypocrites, and rightfully so.

he's got space jam 2 coming out and china movie audiences are projected to make up a huge amount of $$ .. do you think for a second he's gonna put HK ahead of himself .. pfffft

besides he loses nothing .. it's not like nike's gonna pay him less or he's gonna lose endorsements in LA..
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 01:31:00 pm »

I would hope that someone like Lebron, who has been very vocal about social justice, and especially someone with as big an influence as he has, would side with principles over money.

I'm just disappointed.  Lebron is filthy rich, regardless of whether he makes a successful Space Jam movie or not.  This is now about legacy.  How will history see your impact on the world.  And he sold out for cash.  Sucks.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 02:17:47 pm »

I would hope that someone like Lebron, who has been very vocal about social justice, and especially someone with as big an influence as he has, would side with principles over money.

I'm just disappointed.  Lebron is filthy rich, regardless of whether he makes a successful Space Jam movie or not.  This is now about legacy.  How will history see your impact on the world.  And he sold out for cash.  Sucks.

Agreed.  Kap and Reid didn't sell out. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 02:23:09 pm »

And I can understand being in position where you have previous arrangements where you have to do your part, in good faith -- just in terms of business.  But in that case, just say nothing.  Just be quiet and sit on your hands until it's over.  And even that it weak, but I understand it.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray