Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:11:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Watch a breakdown of that final 2-point play
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watch a breakdown of that final 2-point play  (Read 1115 times)
AnthonySabaNFL

Email
« on: October 15, 2019, 06:24:34 pm »

Watch a breakdown of what went wrong (or right if you're on-board with the tank) during that final 2-point play that gave Washington the win. Good call, good design, bad execution.

https://youtu.be/ril1HfqyYkY

Follow me on Twitter for Dolphins insight and film breakdown: @AnthonySabaNFL - Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AnthonySabaNFL
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 07:08:46 pm »

Having watched the play now from that angle, I don’t think he would have managed to run it into the end zone.....

But note: 

Fitz throw the ball backwards and behind the LOS.

Parker doesn’t appear to be blocking but getting open.......

I think the intended play was Drake throwing a pass to Parker. But nobody is saying that bc they want to keep that play for the future.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:41 am »

Fitz throw the ball backwards and behind the LOS.

Parker doesn’t appear to be blocking but getting open.......

I think the intended play was Drake throwing a pass to Parker. But nobody is saying that bc they want to keep that play for the future.
I don't buy that was supposed to be a pass play to Parker. Couple of problems with that line of thinking.

1) The ball was not clearly a lateral, it appears to be going forward to me although it's pretty close. If it was suppose to be a throw from Drake to Parker, he's too close to the LOS and perhaps that's the reason for the errant throw, but....

2) If you watch even before Drake drops the ball he's moving forward which clearly would not be wise if he's supposed to be throwing the ball to Parker, he should be falling away from the LOS to give himself more room to make the throw.

So perhaps Drake misunderstood the call or perhaps Parker did anyway you slice it they weren't all on the same page or it was just bad execution. I heard him say that Rosen and Walton had practiced the play, not Fitz and Drake. Rosen had been benched so I understand him not being in the play, but why not Walton in there if he practiced it?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray