Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:08:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill  (Read 18613 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2020, 06:13:30 pm »

Tannehill became the QB you guys all know..... incapable

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2020, 06:17:09 pm »

He had a solid game, but the Chiefs stopped Henry in his track and the defense couldn't stop Mahommes.

Tanny will never beat you by throwing for 500 yards but he can beat you with smart decisions and mistake free football IF the rest of the team plays well too. They did not play well this time and so the Chiefs go to the Superbowl.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2020, 11:30:06 am »

The guy completed 68% of his passes for 209 / 2 TD and a QBR of 108.1 while not being given room to breathe, on the road, in the AFC title game, against a vastly superior team.

If this is "...incapable", sign me up.  KC held Henry to 69 yards.  Most QBs are going to struggle to win on the road under these conditions if they can't run. 

Jimmy G threw only when he needed to - but when he did, it was on target and where it needed to be.  San Fran's offense was built in the same manner. 

He finished the post season with a QBR of 117.5.  He finished his first postseason with 5 TDs, 1 INT, 99QBR, two rushing TDs. 

Bad take.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2020, 02:21:10 pm »

Tanny will never beat you by throwing for 500 yards but he can beat you with smart decisions and mistake free football IF the rest of the team plays well too. They did not play well this time and so the Chiefs go to the Superbowl.

The guy completed 68% of his passes for 209 / 2 TD and a QBR of 108.1 while not being given room to breathe, on the road, in the AFC title game, against a vastly superior team.

If this is "...incapable", sign me up.  KC held Henry to 69 yards.  Most QBs are going to struggle to win on the road under these conditions if they can't run. 

Jimmy G threw only when he needed to - but when he did, it was on target and where it needed to be.  San Fran's offense was built in the same manner. 

He finished the post season with a QBR of 117.5.  He finished his first postseason with 5 TDs, 1 INT, 99QBR, two rushing TDs. 

Bad take.

Exactly my point.   The Chiefs did something that the Patriots and the Ravens failed to do.    They contained Derrick Henry.  They put 8-9 men in the box and forced Tannehill to beat them with his arm, which he can't be counted on to do.   Tannehill is not an Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.   He can't take over a game like they can, especially with that much at stake.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2020, 03:32:53 pm »

Exactly my point.   The Chiefs did something that the Patriots and the Ravens failed to do.    They contained Derrick Henry.  They put 8-9 men in the box and forced Tannehill to beat them with his arm, which he can't be counted on to do.   Tannehill is not an Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.   He can't take over a game like they can, especially with that much at stake.
That wasn't the problem, the problem was that KC was scoring a TD every time they touched the ball. That's not an offensive problem, that's a defensive problem. The Titans held the Patriots to 13 and the Ravens to 12 points. That's how they won those games, not by outscoring them. They couldn't do that to KC and they couldn't keep up offensively. If they would have given up 35 points to the Patriots or the Ravens, they probably would have lost those games as well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:29:46 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:24 pm »

Exactly my point.   The Chiefs did something that the Patriots and the Ravens failed to do.    They contained Derrick Henry.  They put 8-9 men in the box and forced Tannehill to beat them with his arm, which he can't be counted on to do.   Tannehill is not an Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.   He can't take over a game like they can, especially with that much at stake.

I think we're all in agreement on that, Tanny won't throw for 500 yards. In the 300's is kind of his ceiling. We disagree on saying what he brings doesn't have a ton of value. 21 for 28 for 260 Yards and 2 TDs consistently is very valuable in this league. Put that on the Steelers and they are 12-4.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2020, 08:06:23 pm »

That wasn't the problem, the problem was that KC was scoring a TD every time they touched the ball. That's not an offensive problem, that's a defensive problem. The Titans held the Patriots to 13 and the Ravens to 12 points. That's how they won those games, not by outscoring them. They couldn't do that to KC and they couldn't keep up offensively. If they would have given up 35 points to the Patriots or the Ravens, they probably would have lost those games as well.

Back to my original point.  KC had too many weapons and too much firepower.  But, they wouldn't have scored all those points had Derrick Henry been able to do what he did against Baltimore and New England.  He would've kept Mahomes off the field.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2020, 04:10:28 pm »

Back to my original point.  KC had too many weapons and too much firepower.  But, they wouldn't have scored all those points had Derrick Henry been able to do what he did against Baltimore and New England.  He would've kept Mahomes off the field.
So the problem wasn't Tannehill, the problem was that they didn't get the run game going like they did the previous 2 weeks and it wasn't because KC put 8 men in the box and dared Tannehill to beat them, both New England and Baltimore did the same thing but they still couldn't stop Henry and Tannehill did enough to keep drives alive and keep Brady and Jackson off the field. So the whole process broke down, you can't lay all the blame on Tannehill. Give credit to KC for doing what the Patriots and Ravens couldn't.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:14:55 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2020, 03:05:33 pm »

I’m guessing Tanny will sign a 3 year deal over 60 million with Tennesse and it may happen before the season is over.
Dang .... he made out better than I thought but still not a bad prediction seeing as how that was an early November prediction.

The Tennessee Titans have agreed on a four-year deal with Ryan Tannehill that will pay the quarterback up to $118 million, a source tells ESPN's Jeff Darlington.

The deal, which has an average annual value of $29.5 million, includes $62 million fully guaranteed, the source told Darlington. Tannehill also will receive $91 million in total guarantees, according to Darlington. The Titans announced a multiyear extension for Tannehill on Sunday but did not disclose terms.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2020, 03:14:11 pm »

In 2 or 3 years, he'll be considered on the low end of the pay scale for QB's. That's how it is these days.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray