Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:45:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill  (Read 18800 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 02:25:17 pm »

IIRC the greatest single season NFL improvement occurred with the signing of Chad Pennington.

And Jake Long!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 07:03:29 pm »

And Jake Long!

And Brady getting hurt

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 07:04:11 pm »

I've been saying this for awhile. Niners got Bosa who is a beast and their QB back and are now 8-0. I don't think we will be 8-0 next year, but if we draft a QB who is legit, paired with our huge draft haul and league high cap space, I can see a dramatic turnaround in one season.

Or we screw it all up and go 5-11 the next decade.

Don't forget going 6-10 to 10-6

My theory is they think they have no shot until Brady retires. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 09:43:37 am »

IIRC the greatest single season NFL improvement occurred with the signing of Chad Pennington.
It occurred with the success of the Wildcat. Ronnie & Ricky had more to do with our success than any other thing. Pennington benefited from them as we weren't winning before it was introduced. It's a pet peeve of mine that Penny gets too much credit for throwing 225 yards a game ... LOL.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 10:46:34 am »

It occurred with the success of the Wildcat. Ronnie & Ricky had more to do with our success than any other thing. Pennington benefited from them as we weren't winning before it was introduced. It's a pet peeve of mine that Penny gets too much credit for throwing 225 yards a game ... LOL.

That is fair.  I actually credit coaching as a major factor in that turn aound.  I think too much stock is being put in the idea the first overall pick on a qb as franchise saving

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 10:57:37 am »

That is fair.  I actually credit coaching as a major factor in that turn aound.  I think too much stock is being put in the idea the first overall pick on a qb as franchise saving

The Wildcat was huge when it was UNIQUE. As the year went on, we didn't throw passes out of it anymore, it was always a direct snap to Ronnie or Ricky and they would run straight. They literally never adjusted it past that season, which is why we went back to sucking immediately.

Also, using a #1 pick on a QB can be franchise saving IF that QB is the best player in the draft. So many times a team will spend a Top 10 pick on a QB just because they need one and the draft class is shallow. Sam Darnold at #3? Josh Allen at #7? Mitch Trubisky #2? None of those guys were even Top 20 players, but the teams needed a QB and they selected the best ones available.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 11:04:57 am »

Miami has had 21 QBs since Marino and haven't had a pro bowl QB longer than any other team. If they end up using all three first round pics to draft QBs it wouldn't bother me... LOL.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 11:13:27 am »

Also, using a #1 pick on a QB can be franchise saving IF that QB is the best player in the draft. So many times a team will spend a Top 10 pick on a QB just because they need one and the draft class is shallow. 
Mitch Trubisky #2?
None of those guys were even Top 20 players, but the teams needed a QB and they selected the best ones available.

My 49ers appreciated the Bears' desperation there, seeing as how they not only spent the #2 pick on him, but traded SF a pair of 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder to move up one spot to do it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 04:32:10 pm »

My 49ers appreciated the Bears' desperation there, seeing as how they not only spent the #2 pick on him, but traded SF a pair of 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder to move up one spot to do it.

I give GM John Lynch all the credit for that one.   You guys weren't going to take Trubisky but Lynch faked interest in him to fleece the Bears. 

If I'm the Glazers, I clean house after this season and throw money at Lynch. 

Garrett

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 10:35:37 pm »

Tannehill is a top 10 qb in this league! The Dolphins have had so many quarterbacks, and they finally had a good one in Tannehill. Getting rid of him was a stupid move. I believe he can totally carry a team with a decent offensive line and some quality receivers. I have no faith in this new coaching staff. They are a bunch of morons.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 11:05:49 pm »

I give GM John Lynch all the credit for that one.   You guys weren't going to take Trubisky but Lynch faked interest in him to fleece the Bears. 

If I'm the Glazers, I clean house after this season and throw money at Lynch. 

Such a fleece. "Okay, we won't take our franchise QB if you give us some Day 2 draft picks."
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 09:22:54 am »

Such a fleece. "Okay, we won't take our franchise QB if you give us some Day 2 draft picks."

Scratching my head a little here...did you think the 49ers were considering Trubiski as a possible franchise QB?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 10:31:28 am »

Scratching my head a little here...did you think the 49ers were considering Trubiski as a possible franchise QB?

No, talking about it as a joke. Why would the Bears move up at all? Only reason is to think they thought the Niners wanted Trubisky too. If that were in the case, why would they give up their potential franchise QB for Day 2 draft picks?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 10:53:59 am »

No, talking about it as a joke. Why would the Bears move up at all? Only reason is to think they thought the Niners wanted Trubisky too. If that were in the case, why would they give up their potential franchise QB for Day 2 draft picks?

Ah, ok...that makes more sense. That said, the list of players we added from that trade is pretty solid.

~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 02:39:55 pm »

For those of your scoring at home, Ryan's stats in three games:

73 completion ratio, 649 yards, 5 TD / 2 picks; 108.3 QBR.  He also has a rushing TD.

Philbin and Gase sure did get a lot of him in Miami. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray