Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:39:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill  (Read 18796 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 09:04:31 am »

For those of your scoring at home, Ryan's stats in three games:

73 completion ratio, 649 yards, 5 TD / 2 picks; 108.3 QBR.  He also has a rushing TD.

Philbin and Gase sure did get a lot of him in Miami. 
You could say that for just about every player that's left Miami in the last 2 decades. They always seem to play better for someone else. Why is that you think?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 11:17:06 am »

Tannehill is a top 10 qb in this league! The Dolphins have had so many quarterbacks, and they finally had a good one in Tannehill. Getting rid of him was a stupid move. I believe he can totally carry a team with a decent offensive line and some quality receivers. I have no faith in this new coaching staff. They are a bunch of morons.

Not a top Ten QB.  To paraphrase Dennis Green, "He is who we thought he was, and we let him go".  Tannehill is in the 13 - 18 range (generously).  The Dolphins paid him good money and he was going to cost them too much for a couple seasons where they had decided to rebuild.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 01:52:03 pm »

Dolphin fans won't be satisfied with a very good QB that you can build a team around.  Anything less than an elite QB is unacceptable. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2019, 10:15:40 am »

Dolphin fans won't be satisfied with a very good QB that you can build a team around.  Anything less than an elite QB is unacceptable.  
Sadily I don't think even that is going to get them where they want to be. They will need a franchise QB AND build a team around him. Just don't see that happening without a LOT of luck and I don't mean Andrew.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 11:08:31 am »

Sadily I don't think even that is going to get them where they want to be. They will need a franchise QB AND build a team around him. Just don't see that happening without a LOT of luck and I don't mean Andrew.

Based on comments by many fans.  Don't think that matters.  Dolphins fans seem more endeared to the glory days of Marino than the back to back SB wins

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 11:50:13 am »

Based on comments by many fans.  Don't think that matters.  Dolphins fans seem more endeared to the glory days of Marino than the back to back SB wins

Well that's just because these fans aren't old enough to remember the Super Bowl years.  For me the Marino years were heartbreaking years.  It was always "if we only had a running back" (IMO the problem was the great O-line was a pass blocking line, and not designed to block for running plays).  Living in upstate NY like I do I hated the Bills, and their fandom that was created in the mid 80's - 90's.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 02:06:36 pm »

Well that's just because these fans aren't old enough to remember the Super Bowl years.  For me the Marino years were heartbreaking years.  It was always "if we only had a running back" (IMO the problem was the great O-line was a pass blocking line, and not designed to block for running plays).  Living in upstate NY like I do I hated the Bills, and their fandom that was created in the mid 80's - 90's.

Yep.  I was only 8 in 1972, but I was old enough to follow and be excited about those back to back Super Bowls.  And I always thought of the Marino era as "what could have been".   
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019, 08:38:10 am »

I was (and will continue to be) in the "he's better than you think" camp.  I mean, not enough to base my fantasy football season on him or anything...
Smiley

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 09:52:06 am »

Based on comments by many fans.  Don't think that matters.  Dolphins fans seem more endeared to the glory days of Marino than the back to back SB wins
This is where we agree Hoodie. Marino was a stud. Didn't matter. Never won a SB because the team around him wasn't that good. They were decent his first couple of years in the league and then slowly over time it went downhill. They managed a few playoff runs after that, but were never really a SB contender again. You need more than a franchise QB. Marino should have taught people that but sadly it hasn't.

TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2019, 05:00:23 pm »

Well Tanny been throwing fire the past few weeks.....he just SINGLEHANDEDLY took out the Chiefs.  WOW what a 4th quarter!!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 10:16:13 am »

Miami nightmare situation:

I've said for a while the kid is talented, he hasn't had good coaching.  He appears to have, at least, decent coaching in Tennessee.  He is in a walk year unless they franchise him, they signed him to a one year deal.

New England comes in, signs Tannehill.  Brady gets hurt; Ryan steps in (like Brady did years ago) and goes on to continue to lead NE in a seamless manner. 

-Voltaire
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 10:30:25 am »

Don't be shocked if Miami is in the running to get Tannehill back next year at this point. I could very easily see them pass on a 1st round QB this year and try to take one next year. That would make Tannehill as a lame duck QB at a reasonable price quite interesting.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 05:19:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 12:39:59 pm »

It's funny because we are all rooting for him too. He is a great guy, always was very tough and didn't complain about the horrible and unfair situation we put him in. Plus, it would help Miami if the Titans won the division instead of the Texans.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2019, 12:48:03 pm »

I like(d) Ryan a lot.  I wish him all the success. 

-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2019, 02:40:05 pm »

Don't be shocked in Miami is in the running to get Tannehill back next year at this point. I could very easily see them pass on a 1st round QB this year and try to take one next year. That would make Tannehill as a lame duck QB at a reasonable price quite interesting.
I’m guessing Tanny will sign a 3 year deal over 60 million with Tennesse and it may happen before the season is over.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray