Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:13:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Yankees
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Yankees  (Read 5484 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 08:09:40 am »

Nope.  This is the first ws in which visitors won the first 6 games.

If the Nats can pull off the upset tonight, they will make history then

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 09:20:11 am »

LET'S GO NATS!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 11:54:50 pm »

And the Nats have done it.  For the first time ever, they have won a World Series and for the first time ever, the road team has won every game in the series.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 09:21:16 am »

What an incredibly enjoyable World Series that was. Even though neither team was technically "My Team" (Go Padres!!), cheering for Trea Turner and Strasburg to get their rings was the next best thing.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 11:05:05 am »

My favorite part of the series is the oddity that nobody won a home game.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 01:02:36 pm »

Great pitching travels well...

~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 09:58:50 am »

Imagine the Astros fans.  Up 3-2 with the next two games at home and they blow them both.   That's gotta fucking hurt.

I'm still chuckling over the fact that Juan Soto lives with his parents and drank his first beer ever Wednesday night to celebrate

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

Imagine the Astros fans.  Up 3-2 with the next two games at home and they blow them both.   That's gotta fucking hurt.

I'm still chuckling over the fact that Juan Soto lives with his parents and drank his first beer ever Wednesday night to celebrate

Bizarre series, but it also erases Altuve's pennant clinching HR. Like with Boone in 2003, you don't look back on it as fondly when you didn't win the World Series.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2019, 02:39:46 pm »

Vegas had 10,000 to 1 odds on the road team winning every game in the World Series.   I'd love to borrow Doc Brown's time machine, go back to a couple days before the World Series, and lay $1,000 on that.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2019, 04:32:47 pm »

Vegas had 10,000 to 1 odds on the road team winning every game in the World Series.   I'd love to borrow Doc Brown's time machine, go back to a couple days before the World Series, and lay $1,000 on that.

Seriously?  Assuming the home and away team each have a 50-50 shot of winning that should happen once in every 128 years.  Even if the home team has a .55 to .45 advantage the odds are only 1 in 268.  No way it should pay that much.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 04:33:03 pm »

Yankees were legitimately the scrappy underdogs this season. Setting records for players on the IL as well as games lost to the IL. Obviously, payroll lost to the IL as well. Combine all of that with their shithead owners deciding to pocket more profits instead of reinvesting into the team and it's a Disney movie.......with a $220 Million payroll.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2019, 01:04:26 pm »

Bizarre series, but it also erases Altuve's pennant clinching HR. Like with Boone in 2003, you don't look back on it as fondly when you didn't win the World Series.

Nothing matters when you don't win the last game of the season. 

Congrats, Nats.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2019, 02:08:59 pm »

Nothing matters when you don't win the last game of the season. 

Congrats, Nats.

I know, the whole 2001 playoff run to me is tainted because of this. So many great moments and comebacks and it was wasted. I imagine the Patriots feel the same about 2007 and their perfect season.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 05:04:00 pm »

I know, the whole 2001 playoff run to me is tainted because of this. So many great moments and comebacks and it was wasted. I imagine the Patriots feel the same about 2007 and their perfect season.
  Probably the most disappointing game I've watched live....that year was a DOUBLE kick in the dick for me.....Devils/Avalanche Game 7 :-(
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray