Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:08:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Oh baby, why don't you just meet me in the middle?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Oh baby, why don't you just meet me in the middle?  (Read 3628 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 08:45:19 am »

Pure regurgitated non sense. Allowing black people to say "n*****" or "lynching" while prohibiting other groups doesn't right any wrongs from the past. What you're saying is pure unadulterated racism. I'm starting to think that you're an angry racist black man.

You're allowed to say the N word all you want .. you won't go to jail for it .. you won't get arrested for it .. feel free .. go for it. You aren't prohibited from saying it.  Who says something matters.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 02:04:55 pm »

You're allowed to say the N word all you want .. you won't go to jail for it .. you won't get arrested for it .. feel free .. go for it. You aren't prohibited from saying it.  Who says something matters.
Yes, I'm well aware. However, black people aren't vilified for using words that they some of them seem to think they own. You've tried to derail the original topic of Trump using the word "lynching". So why don't you tell me how it got so blown out of proportion. Lynching is not exclusive to black people. Trump didn't refer to black people. He used it as a metaphor, so why the outrage?

Also, back during the Clinton impeachment not only Biden. But  Danny Davis, Gregory Meeks, Jim McDermott, Charles Rangel, and Jerrold Nadler used the term "lynching" as a metaphor. I guess when the democrats do it, it's okay. And don't say that Biden apologized for it. He only apologized 21 years later when someone on the other side of the aisle used it. So no, this isn't about the N word as you call it. This is part of a trend of hypocrisy of the democrats using certain terms when it fits their agenda and then condemning Republicans as racists for using the same terms.

And actually, the "N word" and "n*****" are the same thing. Saying one is no different than saying the other. Once you say "N word", the word n***** pops into most people head. So if you don't like people using certain words, then at least be congruent in your belief system and condemn everyone that uses the "mean words" that hurt your feelings. Otherwise you are nothing but a two bit hypocrite with no character or integrity.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 03:13:13 pm »

Yes, I'm well aware. However, black people aren't vilified for using words that they some of them seem to think they own. You've tried to derail the original topic of Trump using the word "lynching". So why don't you tell me how it got so blown out of proportion. Lynching is not exclusive to black people. Trump didn't refer to black people. He used it as a metaphor, so why the outrage?

Also, back during the Clinton impeachment not only Biden. But  Danny Davis, Gregory Meeks, Jim McDermott, Charles Rangel, and Jerrold Nadler used the term "lynching" as a metaphor. I guess when the democrats do it, it's okay. And don't say that Biden apologized for it. He only apologized 21 years later when someone on the other side of the aisle used it. So no, this isn't about the N word as you call it. This is part of a trend of hypocrisy of the democrats using certain terms when it fits their agenda and then condemning Republicans as racists for using the same terms.

And actually, the "N word" and "n*****" are the same thing. Saying one is no different than saying the other. Once you say "N word", the word n***** pops into most people head. So if you don't like people using certain words, then at least be congruent in your belief system and condemn everyone that uses the "mean words" that hurt your feelings. Otherwise you are nothing but a two bit hypocrite with no character or integrity.

First off i'm at least an 8 bit hypocrite. And i don't like people using some words .. it's distasteful and purposefully offensive. There's no reason to say them unless you're trying to offend someone. I don't think that's the case with Trump .. i think he's being a crybaby moron about impeachment and was using whatever word he read from a right wing conspiracy website print-out that stephen miller handed him to read.  We used to have a guy on here named Tommy .. him and Trump communicate in the same way they come off as morons, mainly because they are. they get in trouble for saying racist shit because in some part of their brain the justify it and then when they get called out on it, they act as if somehow they're the victims. Granted, Trump hasn't posted a picture on twitter of an actual lynching, but i'm sure it's because it just hasn't occurred to him.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »

First off i'm at least an 8 bit hypocrite. And i don't like people using some words .. it's distasteful and purposefully offensive. There's no reason to say them unless you're trying to offend someone. I don't think that's the case with Trump .. i think he's being a crybaby moron about impeachment and was using whatever word he read from a right wing conspiracy website print-out that stephen miller handed him to read.  We used to have a guy on here named Tommy .. him and Trump communicate in the same way they come off as morons, mainly because they are. they get in trouble for saying racist shit because in some part of their brain the justify it and then when they get called out on it, they act as if somehow they're the victims. Granted, Trump hasn't posted a picture on twitter of an actual lynching, but i'm sure it's because it just hasn't occurred to him.
None of that actually addresses what I posted. This conversation isn't going anywhere, so I won't hold your feet to the fire since I won't get a straight answer anyhow. I'll just bow out, I have better things to do today.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 05:57:48 pm »

I will say firing this guy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/20/black-school-guard-fired-repeating-slur-used-against-him/4046952002/

was applying a blanket policy without common sense.  Fortunately he has gotten his job back.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 09:41:26 am »

I will say firing this guy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/20/black-school-guard-fired-repeating-slur-used-against-him/4046952002/

was applying a blanket policy without common sense.  Fortunately he has gotten his job back.
Weird story. Was the student black who called him that? BTW ... if the guard was white would he be getting his job back?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 10:21:28 am »

Weird story. Was the student black who called him that? BTW ... if the guard was white would he be getting his job back?

How often do white security officers get called the Nword?  You're counterargument is stupid.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:45 am »

How often do white security officers get called the Nword?  You're counterargument is stupid.
LOL ... I'm not arguing. I'm asking because this whole "they can but I can't" thing doesn't make much sense to me. It's much easier for me to understand when the same rules apply to everyone. BTW .... I've been called a N many times in may life and I'm pretty white. A little white trash maybe but white all the same.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 10:55:18 am »

Would Eddie Murphy doing the same comedian routine as Jeff Foxworthy " you might be a red neck"  Be received the same? 

Of course not.  Jeff Foxworthy can make jokes Eddie Murphy can't and Eddie Murphy can make jokes Jeff Foxworthy can't. 

Have you ever seen Selh Meyers segment "Jokes Seth can't tell"

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 11:49:50 am »

Comedy is funny when it punches up.  When it punches down, it's bullying.

This is how it's always worked.  Jokes matter in a time and a context and who is telling them.

And it's lazy to complain about stuff like "Archie Bunker couldn't exist today".  Archie Bunker wouldn't be funny if it was made today, either.  Or Married With Children.  Or Blazing Saddles.  Or Eddie Murphy's comedy routines.  ...or whatever else.

Those things can still be funny.  But it's because they're old and from a different era that makes them funny.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 02:29:55 pm »

Would Eddie Murphy doing the same comedian routine as Jeff Foxworthy " you might be a red neck"  Be received the same? 

Of course not.  Jeff Foxworthy can make jokes Eddie Murphy can't and Eddie Murphy can make jokes Jeff Foxworthy can't. 

Have you ever seen Selh Meyers segment "Jokes Seth can't tell"
I don't think this is true. If Eddie Murphy was a redneck he could tell the same jokes. Skin color has no bearing but more about being true to who you are. There are plenty of country blacks that could tell "you might be a redneck" jokes. Charley Pride, Aaron Neville, and more currently Darius Rucker or Kane Brown could definitely do it.

I swear it seems to me that conservatives in general are much less concerned with race than the other side.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »

I don't think this is true. If Eddie Murphy was a redneck he could tell the same jokes. Skin color has no bearing but more about being true to who you are. There are plenty of country blacks that could tell "you might be a redneck" jokes. Charley Pride, Aaron Neville, and more currently Darius Rucker or Kane Brown could definitely do it.

I swear it seems to me that conservatives in general are much less concerned with race than the other side.
Do you notice how they nonchalantly and conveniently move the goal posts. We were not talking about comedians. We were talking about regular people and what is appropriate in normal everyday situations. Unless it's a Michael Richards type meltdown rant. It's kind of assumed that nothing is off limits when it comes to comedians. You may not personally find it funny, but it's literally their job. The hypocrisy train just keeps on rolling...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray