Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:49:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Burrow vs. Tua
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Burrow vs. Tua  (Read 6280 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 11:14:19 am »

we should take our top 10 1st round pick and trade down into the teens .. pick up more picks and go from there to build up our team
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:00 am »

Chase Young would be very nice consolation prize. We need a DE more than a QB at this point I would say.

If he were available when we pick, then I would agree but with each passing week that seems less and less likely. He is not falling past #3 and we would need to not win another game to pick that high. That's almost impossible with the Bengals still on the schedule.

We picked the wrong year to tank.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 11:33:49 am »

If he were available when we pick, then I would agree but with each passing week that seems less and less likely. He is not falling past #3 and we would need to not win another game to pick that high. That's almost impossible with the Bengals still on the schedule.

We picked the wrong year to tank.
Don't forget that Miami still has a lot of draft picks to move up in the draft. Not everyone needs a QB or a DE. Not out of the question for Miami to move up to #2 or #3 to get who they want. #1 will probably be out of the question assuming that goes to the Bungles. Redskins might be willing to work a trade for additional draft picks. Personally I'm excited that the tank for Tua rhetoric is over. Time to get real.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:36:42 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 12:09:38 pm »

We can definitely trade up with our draft picks, but there are two problems with that:

1) We are assuming the top 2 teams don't need a franchise QB. If those teams are the Bengals and Redskins, that is incredibly unlikely. Haskins has to put on a show for the Redskins to justify passing on one of the top QBs.

2) Other teams want them too, so will the asking price be worth it? Are we going to trade 3 1st Rounders to move up 6 spots? That is a steep asking price but there is always some stupid NFL team who throws away future drafts for that one guy. The Rams traded 6 picks to move up and get Jared Goff. While he definitely had initial success, seems like he was exposed as a system QB by the Pats and this year he is garbage. Plus, last year may have been the Rams one last shot at a championship since they have no reinforcements coming due to the trade.

At most, I would trade our pick and one of the other first rounders to move up a few spots to bet one of the two QBs. Throw in a 3rd rounder too if that seals the deal, but anything more will be rough since we have holes everywhere.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 02:12:48 pm »

we should take our top 10 1st round pick and trade down into the teens .. pick up more picks and go from there to build up our team

The problem with that is that usually teams only trade up to those early picks for QB's, which most here are saying won't be available.  And since the Dolphins need top players at practically every position why would they trade down to get an extra mediocre player from the 5th round?  Doesn't make sense to me.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 02:18:08 pm »

I actually like Herbert from Oregon.  He's more mature having played in college for four seasons; and in spite of having three different HC's and three different offensive schemes in his first three years, he has managed to succeed.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 04:14:25 pm »

If you're telling me that MIA needed to throw the season in the trash and get rid of nearly every promising young player just to draft Justin Herbert, I'm going to have a problem with that logic.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 04:35:29 pm »

If you're telling me that MIA needed to throw the season in the trash and get rid of nearly every promising young player just to draft Justin Herbert, I'm going to have a problem with that logic.

I'm going to have some problems making a noose for my neck.

I don't trust any QB from Oregon or USC.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 08:53:41 am »

As bad as this team needs a QB, I wouldn't shed any tears if they got Chase Young.  QBs are always a roll of the dice as it is and Chase Young is probably more of a "sure thing" than any of the QBs.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 10:26:19 am »

As bad as this team needs a QB, I wouldn't shed any tears if they got Chase Young.  QBs are always a roll of the dice as it is and Chase Young is probably more of a "sure thing" than any of the QBs.   

Not at all, Chase Young is a difference maker like Bosa. Instantly makes your defense much better. Of course, he is looking like a pipe dream as well. We may have to set our sights on that Top Left Tackle expected to go top 10 as well.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »

I'm not saying that.  What I mean is if he's around in the 2nd round I wouldn't have a problem with Miami drafting him there.  Some of the better QB's playing now were the 4th, or 5th QB drafted and weren't expected to be as good as they are, conversely as we know the top rated QB's drafted can easily end up being busts.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 10:46:58 am »

I did a 4 round mock on Fanspeak last night that, through dealing a couple of next year's picks, I was able to come out of the first round with Chase Young and Joe Burrow.

I know, I know...not realistic, but it sure felt good watching Miami get both. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 11:10:38 am »

I did a 4 round mock on Fanspeak last night that, through dealing a couple of next year's picks, I was able to come out of the first round with Chase Young and Joe Burrow.

I know, I know...not realistic, but it sure felt good watching Miami get both. Wink

That would be a dream come true!! We need to sign you as our GM right away!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 03:40:01 pm »

I'm not saying that.  What I mean is if he's around in the 2nd round I wouldn't have a problem with Miami drafting him there.  Some of the better QB's playing now were the 4th, or 5th QB drafted and weren't expected to be as good as they are, conversely as we know the top rated QB's drafted can easily end up being busts.

Unless some video of him smoking crack comes out on draft day, he won't drop to the 2nd round. Now, if he drops to the late teens where we will probably pick again then I think Miami may take that shot.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2019, 02:13:49 pm »

I guess this thread answered itself over the weekend. I hope Tua recovers but he lost a ton of money even if he can play again.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray