Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Burrow vs. Tua
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Burrow vs. Tua  (Read 6142 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 03:12:01 pm »

I guess this thread answered itself over the weekend. I hope Tua recovers but he lost a ton of money even if he can play again.

Yeah, he set himself up to fall to the late 1st round if not worse depending on his medicals. Only a team with multiple first rounders would take him now....hey, wait a minute!

But seriously, he might return to Alabama now if he feels he will lose out financially with not going in the 1st round for medical reasons.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 03:14:15 pm »

The surgery was a success and he is expected to make a full recovery, but obviously this has effected his draft status. So, assuming he still declares for the draft, who picks him? This was a major injury and teams don't like to gamble with their Top 3 picks on injured players. How far would he fall?
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2019, 03:24:54 pm »

I could see the Patriots taking a chance on him because they do stuff like that.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 03:37:16 pm »

I could see the Patriots taking a chance on him because they do stuff like that.

Patriots could be an option.  So could Dolphins.  He is probably no longer a top 10 pick, but late 1st round or second round.  Only way Dolphins draft him is if they are willing to do another year of Fitz/Rosen.  Can’t use two early picks on QB (even if you have nine of them)  So now he gets drafted by a team that WANTS a QB but doesn’t NEED a QB.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2019, 04:26:30 pm »

It will certainly be interesting to watch it all play out. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2019, 04:26:38 pm »

Patriots could be an option.  So could Dolphins.  He is probably no longer a top 10 pick, but late 1st round or second round.  Only way Dolphins draft him is if they are willing to do another year of Fitz/Rosen.  Can’t use two early picks on QB (even if you have nine of them)  So now he gets drafted by a team that WANTS a QB but doesn’t NEED a QB.
I don't see the Dolphins being able to draft him. He's a risk and the last thing the Dolphin's can afford to do is take the risk picks. We've been burned over and over by doing that. We need three solid starters in the first and second round of this draft.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2019, 10:43:28 am »

The surgery was a success and he is expected to make a full recovery...
Don't be so sure. I heard on the radio this morning from a guy who had the exact same injury that you never know about this type of injury. Even if it seems fine in 6 months you can still have problems with it 3 years down the line. He said in his case the ball (part of the ball and socket joint) didn't die until 3 years after his injury and he had to have a complete hip replacement then. This is exactly what happened to Bo Jackson as well. So sure he is expected to make a full recovery, but there's always the chance this could cut his career short if not necessarily end it right away. There's absolutely no way that I'm taking a chance on the guy now. Look elsewhere, there are other QB's with fewer red flags and nearly as many positives.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:55:35 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2019, 10:52:18 am »

Does make a full recovery mean he will lead a normal life or be able to play football? I'm not so sure full recovery means "as good as new".
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 11:06:05 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2019, 11:00:28 am »

Regardless of the impact for the Dolphins, I really hope Tua can still have a football career after this injury.  It would be a terrible shame to see the career of such a talented athlete end before it really even begins. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2019, 04:32:55 pm »

Does make a full recovery mean he will lead a normal life or be able to play football? I'm not so sure full recovery means "as good as new".

Just going by what a few places are saying. If we pick around 8 and he is till there, we should strongly consider taking him as long as our medical staff is fine with his medicals. Hopefully, the Steelers pick will be around 15 so we can use that to improve in 2020 while Tua sits the whole season and learns.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2019, 07:52:05 am »

Just going by what a few places are saying. If we pick around 8 and he is till there, we should strongly consider taking him as long as our medical staff is fine with his medicals. Hopefully, the Steelers pick will be around 15 so we can use that to improve in 2020 while Tua sits the whole season and learns.
I think I'm starting to see that you have a man crush on Tua. No wonder you have been so high on the Dolphins tanking this season. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. If Tua was not available to be drafted would you still have been on board with them being 0-16?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2019, 09:02:40 am »

I think I'm starting to see that you have a man crush on Tua. No wonder you have been so high on the Dolphins tanking this season. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. If Tua was not available to be drafted would you still have been on board with them being 0-16?

I never wanted them to go 0-16, I just wanted them to be bad enough to get the first pick. However, the Gods are cruel and made it so that a 3-13 record would have you pick 6th this season.

I wanted a legit franchise QB above all else. I don't want a QB taken in the first round, I want a franchise QB taken in the first round and it appears there are only 2 "sure things" in this draft and until the injury, we weren't going to get either of them. Can't build a winner without a QB and I don't want to draft a Sam Darnold just because he is the best of what there is.

To better answer your question, unless we were going 10-6 and making the playoffs, I am fine with tanking. I see no difference between 5-11 and 0-16. If no QB was on the board, I would still take 0-16 over 5-11 if it meant getting the best player available to help rebuild.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2019, 10:10:20 am »

The latest CBS mock has us taking two O-linemen and a pass rusher in the first while taking a QB in the second. I don't think I'm against that although I'd love 4 new starters.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2019, 10:54:05 am »

I don't see the Dolphins being able to draft him. He's a risk and the last thing the Dolphin's can afford to do is take the risk picks. We've been burned over and over by doing that. We need three solid starters in the first and second round of this draft.

Miami has 5 picks in the first two rounds, so maybe 3-4 solid starters and a high-ceiling risk player?

Don't get me wrong...I am all about Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert at this point, but if Miami isn't able to draft either, maybe a flyer on Tua...in case Miami doesn't get Lawrence in 2021. Wink

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:35:45 am by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2019, 11:30:14 am »

The latest CBS mock has us taking two O-linemen and a pass rusher in the first while taking a QB in the second. I don't think I'm against that although I'd love 4 new starters.

It is impossible for us to do any mock drafts without knowing where we pick, that changes absolutely everything. On the bright side, if we do pick 8th or so, we can either select the best player or trade down for more picks. We have lots of holes so we can use whoever is the best player available at that moment. I do feel we would trade down though depending on the offer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray