Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:16:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Burrow vs. Tua
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Burrow vs. Tua  (Read 6282 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:21 am »

Kim Bokemper and Joe Rose were discussing this on the radio this morning. They were saying how they are tired of the Dolphins drafting "injured" players and hoping they will work out. We keep getting burned by that and need to draft solid players who can contribute now. They then went on to talk about all the stud QBs who were drafted and then killed behind bad lines. If its up to them we will build our lines this year and draft a QB once that has been established. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2019, 11:53:48 am »

Kim Bokemper and Joe Rose were discussing this on the radio this morning. They were saying how they are tired of the Dolphins drafting "injured" players and hoping they will work out. We keep getting burned by that and need to draft solid players who can contribute now. They then went on to talk about all the stud QBs who were drafted and then killed behind bad lines. If its up to them we will build our lines this year and draft a QB once that has been established. 

1000% we need to fix our O-Line. I'm hoping we use 2 of our First Rounders on them and buy the best available LT, RT or Center in free agency. We have the draft capital and cap space to turn our Line into the league's best within one season.

I am usually against drafting injured players too unless it's a 1st round talent taken in the 5th round. However, the potential for a franchise QB who may not even fall to 8th in the draft when we already have two other 1st rounders? That might be a risk I am willing to take. Our history shows we can't take anyone drafted out of the 1st round and turn them into a legit NFL QB, so this year is our shot. Not to mention my own belief that we will be 8-8 next year with smart moves and we won't be picking Top 10 again and I don't want a QB who falls into the 20s.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2019, 12:48:23 pm »

I'm fine with this and have Rosen be the QB in 2020 for the whole year or at least give him the whole year to either prove himself or prove that he's not the QB going forward and make that decision next year. Either Rosen shows himself to be a decent QB and we win enough games to convince you that you don't need to pick a QB in the top half of the draft or he doesn't and you'll lose enough games to be picking in the top half if not the top 5 of the draft and then you can go after a QB. Makes sense to me. Honestly if they don't do this, they aren't fully committing to the process.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 12:50:19 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2019, 03:35:05 pm »

Yep.  It has been proven time and time again that the war is won in the trenches.  A great offensive line makes everyone on the offense better.  A great offensive line gives the QB more time, opens holes for RBs, and gives WRs more time to get open.  A great offensive line makes "good" skill position players great.  Just like a great d-line makes the rest of the defense look better.  Get after the QB and the secondary doesn't have to stick to receivers as long.  A great d-line shuts down the opponents run game, etc. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray