Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Burrow vs. Tua
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Burrow vs. Tua  (Read 6143 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 09, 2019, 07:19:04 pm »

Gotta be honest, I'm leaning towards Burrow right now after seeing this game. I will gladly take either, but if we get that #1 pick, we got a decision on our hands.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:20:47 pm »

Hahaha, and Tua throws an 85 yard TD immediately. With an onside kick, they can win this.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 08:10:28 pm »

I'd take Burrow if I were you.   I'd take him to replace Jameis

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »

Nevermind, we won't be able to draft either.

Maybe we can still get Chase Owens, I don't care much for the Oregon kid.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:00:17 pm »

The Dolphins are living out the phrase “Effing up a wet dream.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 08:18:59 am »

So I guess we are on the "F up for Fromm" train now?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 08:52:33 am »

So I guess we are on the "F up for Fromm" train now?

No, now it's either Chase Owens or trade down and acquire more picks. I think this is a 2 QB race and I don't want to be dumb and waste a Top 5 pick on a QB who isn't worthy of it, just because we need a QB. That's what the Jets, Bills, Bears and Giants did and it ain't looking pretty for them right now.

Yes, QB is the #1 need for any championship winning team, but calling anyone a franchise QB doesn't make it so. If we are out of the Top 4, I would prefer trading down if it nets us an additional first rounder in the teens.
kidDyn0mite

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:41:39 am »

none of the above
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 09:43:52 am »

none of the above

You got another QB in mind or you think they are just busts?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 09:47:43 am »

No, now it's either Chase Owens or trade down and acquire more picks. I think this is a 2 QB race and I don't want to be dumb and waste a Top 5 pick on a QB who isn't worthy of it, just because we need a QB. That's what the Jets, Bills, Bears and Giants did and it ain't looking pretty for them right now.

Yes, QB is the #1 need for any championship winning team, but calling anyone a franchise QB doesn't make it so. If we are out of the Top 4, I would prefer trading down if it nets us an additional first rounder in the teens.
I don't see us picking in the top 3. Playing like we are we will definitely get 2 more wins and possibly 3 which will have us jumping more of these teams.

Currently...
Cincinnati Bengals (0-9)
Washington Redskins (1-8)
New York Giants (2-8)
Miami Dolphins (2-7)
New York Jets (2-7)
Atlanta Falcons (2-7)
Cleveland Browns (3-6)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6)
Denver Broncos (3-6)
Arizona Cardinals  (3-6-1)

kidDyn0mite

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 09:50:45 am »

You got another QB in mind or you think they are just busts?

if we talking who the dolphins will take then it's none of the above.. we won't be in position to draft either one

but either one would be an upgrade to we have now..
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:52 am »

I don't see us picking in the top 3. Playing like we are we will definitely get 2 more wins and possibly 3 which will have us jumping more of these teams.

Currently...
Cincinnati Bengals (0-9)
Washington Redskins (1-8)
New York Giants (2-8)
Miami Dolphins (2-7)
New York Jets (2-7)
Atlanta Falcons (2-7)
Cleveland Browns (3-6)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6)
Denver Broncos (3-6)
Arizona Cardinals  (3-6-1)

Bengals are running the table to go 0-16 and I think the Redskins are done winning as well. So, at best we are picking 3rd but both QBs will be gone by then. If we are picking around 8th or 9th, I would just trade down for more picks. We have lots of holes and I don't want to trade several first rounders just to move up and take one of the QBs. Gotta come up with a new game plan, we didn't factor in the complete loss of dignity that other NFL franchises had this year. We legitimately got rid of every piece of talent we had and we have 2 wins, what the hell is their excuse?
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 10:11:35 am »

It's not out of the realm of possibility to trade into the one or two.  Miami should be drafting three or four and they have two other first round picks and other valuable chips.  One of the teams in front of them (Giants) do not need a QB (the Jets do but won't draft one).  It's also possible to trade the overall four, along with the Pittsburgh one and get into the overall 1 (or 2). 

It's just frustrating to do that when all they needed to do was not screw up this season.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 10:20:30 am »

So, at best we are picking 3rd but both QBs will be gone by then.
Chase Young would be very nice consolation prize. We need a DE more than a QB at this point I would say.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 10:20:46 am »

It's not out of the realm of possibility to trade into the one or two.  Miami should be drafting three or four and they have two other first round picks and other valuable chips.  One of the teams in front of them (Giants) do not need a QB (the Jets do but won't draft one).  It's also possible to trade the overall four, along with the Pittsburgh one and get into the overall 1 (or 2). 

It's just frustrating to do that when all they needed to do was not screw up this season.

We won 2 in a row and still have the Jets and Bengals on the schedule, plus other bad or mediocre teams. I don't see how we don't end up with at least 4 wins and that will probably knock us down to 7th or 8th. If all it took was our first rounder and the Steelers or Texans one, I make that trade. However, with other teams possibly putting together trade packages and the Bengals and Skins legit needing a franchise QB, seems unlikely.

If we are developing stars now, then I can see it being justified. However, if we are just stealing wins from bad teams and these guys aren't legit NFL starters, then that blows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray