Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 12, 2019, 09:24:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Colts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Colts  (Read 64 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:24 pm »

Walt Atkins

Costly penalty that helped spark the Colts comeback.

Also, the front office again, for starting the rebuild one year early

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:21:21 am »

Coach Flores gets mine. Fitzpatrick clearly has a concussion and should not be playing. Rosen should have not only been playing but leading us the rest of the way. Bad decisions by Flores.

Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Bill Murray
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:22 am »

Coach Flores gets mine. Fitzpatrick clearly has a concussion and should not be playing. Rosen should have not only been playing but leading us the rest of the way. Bad decisions by Flores.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, wanting to not ruin the draft position, right?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:17 am »

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, wanting to not ruin the draft position, right?
Maybe just a little ... hahaha

Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Bill Murray
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:32 am »

Fitzpatrick was not that special in this game. The defense has been looking better and the team is not beating themselves as much as they did earlier in the year. If the defense can continue to hold teams under 20 points a game, Miami can win those games even with Rosen at QB.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:51:46 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »

Also, the front office again, for starting the rebuild one year early

I hate these threads.  I am pretty sure I've mentioned it.  I feel like anyone who has played at organized sports at a team level would agree with me.  Rarely, if ever, does a single event (or person) cause a loss.

This being said, I think this theme is interesting.  I don't think Miami is "tanking" this year; this will be an on-going process. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 02:35:59 pm »

I hate these threads.  I am pretty sure I've mentioned it.  I feel like anyone who has played at organized sports at a team level would agree with me.  Rarely, if ever, does a single event (or person) cause a loss.

This being said, I think this theme is interesting.  I don't think Miami is "tanking" this year; this will be an on-going process. 

i don't think miami was ever trying to tank .. i think miami was and is prioritizing long term success over short term success .. so if someone offers you a kings ransom for a good player, you say yes thank you and take the 2 1st and a 2nd all the way to the bank
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »

Getting rid of the many of best players on your team at the same time is tanking.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 04:48:21 pm »

Getting rid of the many of best players on your team at the same time is tanking.

Yeah, and tanking is prioritizing long term success over short term. It's potayto potahto.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 05:06:59 pm »

Tanking isn't "prioritizing" long term success.  NE "prioritized" long term success when they traded Logan Mankins for draft picks.

Tanking is intentionally sacrificing short term success to move up in the draft via having a worse record.  If you are purposefully trying to improve your own position in the draft, you are tanking.  Period.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 05:23:11 pm »

i don't think miami was ever trying to tank .. i think miami was and is prioritizing long term success over short term success .. so if someone offers you a kings ransom for a good player, you say yes thank you and take the 2 1st and a 2nd all the way to the bank
The front office is tanking. Flores and the players are not. Which is one of the reasons that Minkah had such a problem being here. How would you like it if your CEO was actively torpedoing your career?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »

The front office is tanking. Flores and the players are not.
If Flores was informed before accepting the job that that management's plan was to get a better draft position in 2020, he is a willing participant in the tanking process.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:06 pm »

Concussion protocol.  It should be done on the very next play.  5 mins later is ridiculous.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray