Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:53:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Colts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Colts  (Read 7276 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:24 pm »

Walt Atkins

Costly penalty that helped spark the Colts comeback.

Also, the front office again, for starting the rebuild one year early

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:21:21 am »

Coach Flores gets mine. Fitzpatrick clearly has a concussion and should not be playing. Rosen should have not only been playing but leading us the rest of the way. Bad decisions by Flores.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:22 am »

Coach Flores gets mine. Fitzpatrick clearly has a concussion and should not be playing. Rosen should have not only been playing but leading us the rest of the way. Bad decisions by Flores.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, wanting to not ruin the draft position, right?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:17 am »

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, wanting to not ruin the draft position, right?
Maybe just a little ... hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:32 am »

Fitzpatrick was not that special in this game. The defense has been looking better and the team is not beating themselves as much as they did earlier in the year. If the defense can continue to hold teams under 20 points a game, Miami can win those games even with Rosen at QB.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:51:46 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »

Also, the front office again, for starting the rebuild one year early

I hate these threads.  I am pretty sure I've mentioned it.  I feel like anyone who has played at organized sports at a team level would agree with me.  Rarely, if ever, does a single event (or person) cause a loss.

This being said, I think this theme is interesting.  I don't think Miami is "tanking" this year; this will be an on-going process. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 02:35:59 pm »

I hate these threads.  I am pretty sure I've mentioned it.  I feel like anyone who has played at organized sports at a team level would agree with me.  Rarely, if ever, does a single event (or person) cause a loss.

This being said, I think this theme is interesting.  I don't think Miami is "tanking" this year; this will be an on-going process. 

i don't think miami was ever trying to tank .. i think miami was and is prioritizing long term success over short term success .. so if someone offers you a kings ransom for a good player, you say yes thank you and take the 2 1st and a 2nd all the way to the bank
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »

Getting rid of the many of best players on your team at the same time is tanking.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 04:48:21 pm »

Getting rid of the many of best players on your team at the same time is tanking.

Yeah, and tanking is prioritizing long term success over short term. It's potayto potahto.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 05:06:59 pm »

Tanking isn't "prioritizing" long term success.  NE "prioritized" long term success when they traded Logan Mankins for draft picks.

Tanking is intentionally sacrificing short term success to move up in the draft via having a worse record.  If you are purposefully trying to improve your own position in the draft, you are tanking.  Period.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 05:23:11 pm »

i don't think miami was ever trying to tank .. i think miami was and is prioritizing long term success over short term success .. so if someone offers you a kings ransom for a good player, you say yes thank you and take the 2 1st and a 2nd all the way to the bank
The front office is tanking. Flores and the players are not. Which is one of the reasons that Minkah had such a problem being here. How would you like it if your CEO was actively torpedoing your career?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »

The front office is tanking. Flores and the players are not.
If Flores was informed before accepting the job that that management's plan was to get a better draft position in 2020, he is a willing participant in the tanking process.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:06 pm »

Concussion protocol.  It should be done on the very next play.  5 mins later is ridiculous.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 12:19:55 pm »

If Flores was informed before accepting the job that that management's plan was to get a better draft position in 2020, he is a willing participant in the tanking process.
Agreed. I've said from the beginning that the I think the reason that Gase was let go was because he was not willing to do what Flores was willing to do. But he is trying to win with the players he has and the players haven't quit on the team as far as I can tell. They are playing hard for Flores.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 01:05:57 pm »

Tanking isn't "prioritizing" long term success.  NE "prioritized" long term success when they traded Logan Mankins for draft picks.

Tanking is intentionally sacrificing short term success to move up in the draft via having a worse record.  If you are purposefully trying to improve your own position in the draft, you are tanking.  Period.

Miami will probably win four to five games this season.  Let's magically back up and erase all of the trades, bring back Stills, Tunsil, etc.  How many wins are those players worth, together, all told?  One?  Two?

At best, in the prettiest Normal Rockwell painting with the sun shining bright, this was a six to seven win team.

Miami got rid of players, obtained draft picks and gained flexibility in the cap all while sacrificing maybe a win, or two; I'm not sure if they would even accomplish that. They gave up 163 points in the first four games, those would have been a wash no matter what.  Kenny Stills ain't helping.  I like Mink, he isn't stopping those flood gates.  Those ass kickings are happening whether the trades do or not.

Maybe Miami gets their first win against the 'Skins.  They got smoked in Buffalo.  They got smoked again in Pittsburgh.  

Coming up - would they have beaten anyone else on the schedule besides the two they probably will beat (Jets and Bengals) and the one they may beat (Browns) to get to five wins?

This team did not / isn't tanking.  Tanking is losing on purpose.  They could not have done any better this season either way.

And, for the record, the Minkah trade was horrific.  

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray