Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:27:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Have you completely given up?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Have you completely given up?  (Read 3831 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: November 25, 2019, 12:42:57 pm »

The activity on the board is massively quiet.  Have you mailed it in on Miami to the point you feel they aren't worth talking about?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:51:11 pm »

I'm struggling to find things to say about them right now. They are so bad I used the second and third quarters to take a nap. If I can't get excited on game day I definitely have a hard time during the week.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 01:52:11 pm »

I try to find positives, like Parker and Baker, but it's hard to stay interested. If I'm being honest the only thing I really care about right is where we end up drafting. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 01:53:25 pm »

Lack of things to discuss. A lot of our young players are injured so it makes watching the games a chore. Plus, how many times can we have the argument over whether or not we want them to lose for a draft pick or win games for pride?

I'm following the other teams closer for draft picks now that Miami has gone with Fitzy the whole way.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »

It's kind of this weird thing.  I wouldn't say I'm indifferent, but I don't ENJOY rooting against my team to lose.  I'm OK with it, when it's happening, but it's hard to watch a game with that in mind.

Since I don't think that we really have much of an interest in players that aren't going to be on the team later anyway, it's hard to be invested in these players to play well.

The only real bright spot is what you can find in Flores and how he's handling the situation. 

There's just not very much to be passionate about.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 03:03:58 pm »

It's kind of this weird thing.  I wouldn't say I'm indifferent, but I don't ENJOY rooting against my team to lose.  I'm OK with it, when it's happening, but it's hard to watch a game with that in mind.

Since I don't think that we really have much of an interest in players that aren't going to be on the team later anyway, it's hard to be invested in these players to play well.

The only real bright spot is what you can find in Flores and how he's handling the situation. 

Very good point. I live in NY so I only see like 3-4 games a year and as much as I want them to lose every game, even I can't help but root for them deep down when I actually see them on TV.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 05:51:14 pm »

This board was a lot more active than this in 2007 and that team sucked worse.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 02:02:30 am »

If MIA had traded away Ronnie Brown, Vernon Carey, and Chris Chambers right before the 2007 season started, we probably wouldn't have cared much about that season, either.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 07:52:27 am »

Good point, Dave.  I think that pretty much sums it up for me as well. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 09:09:51 am »

This board was a lot more active than this in 2007 and that team sucked worse.
That team was much more talented than this debacle. We had a coaching issue and should have never had the record we did. Flores and his coaches would have won a lot of games with that team.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 09:38:03 am »

That team was much more talented than this debacle. We had a coaching issue and should have never had the record we did. Flores and his coaches would have won a lot of games with that team.

I don’t recall anyone rooting for a draft pick that year.  And there was plenty of activity in “around the NFL” although  most of it centered around dislike of NE.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 10:12:59 am »

It's hard to know whether something is worth talking about (or even thinking about) or if it's just the talent on the field being what it is. For example, I get annoyed during games that our coverage 20 yards deep just stays 5 yards off the receiver, despite having safety help 10-15 yards away with no other receiver on that side of the field. Incredibly soft. It almost seems like our corners aren't always aware they have safety help. At all.

Or when our running back takes the ball 20 yards sideways, but cannot manage to get more than a single yard downfield. Lack of running back talent? Poor play calling (sure seems like these plays take FOREVER to develop)? Bad offensive line?

Meh, it's hard to care. It's hard to know WHEN to care.

There's no question I want to the team to win during games, but, yeah, meh.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 04:55:21 pm »

I think it should be noted that if we draft a QB and appear to nail it in the draft and free agency that game threads will be back to 7 or 8 pages since we will have high hopes. The Bills are mediocre and are 8-3, so clearly 80% of the league is trash. I expect to compete for a playoff spot in 2020.

Unless we start the season 0-5 then back to sadness.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 05:44:41 pm »

I have to admit, the last 2 weeks almost have the same feeling as we did in weeks 1-4.  They turned the corner a little in early October, showed they weren't giving up and then of course the wins.

That euphoric feeling after the 2-game winning streak has completely faded and now you're left with "how bad we gonna smacked this week?" or "who's not playing this week?" or even "Who's gonna get injured today?"

Then the nice stat they had with fewest penalties in the league went to shit the last 2 weeks as well.  DPI calls I don't get too excited about cause it's a judgement call, but the offsides and holding calls can be lessened.

Now I'm at the point of "Well, you might as well go ahead and lose the final 5 games and get this over with" But I know, KNOW that come Sunday that I will still want them to beat the Eagles, get pissed when a bad call is made or when they give up a TD.

It's like living in the bizarro world. It's like I'm a glutton for punishment

I'd rather be lucky than good.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 01:03:55 pm »

In addition to Dave's comments, I think there has been a general decline in people who post on this site over the last 5 years, for a variety of reasons.  Added to the front office just throwing away this season, and quite possibly the next, it's hard to be interested in anything happening with the team.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray