Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:21:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Have you completely given up?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Have you completely given up?  (Read 3833 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 02:34:21 pm »

In addition to Dave's comments, I think there has been a general decline in people who post on this site over the last 5 years, for a variety of reasons.  Added to the front office just throwing away this season, and quite possibly the next, it's hard to be interested in anything happening with the team.

This season was definitely sacrificed but everything points to us going for it in 2020 and beyond. Not saying we will win the Superbowl but with our salary cap and draft haul, we can make the playoffs next season.

Just to reiterate, the league is 80% trash. The Bills are 8-3 and Josh Allen is shit against anyone not named the Miami Dolphins, so if they are heading for a 12-4 season then we can win 10 games next year even if Fitzpatrick is our QB.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 07:12:50 am »

For me the lack of commentary is due most importantly to a complete lack of Dolphins games being shown on free to air TV in Australia: I don't comment on games I have not seen and so far there's only been one shown which was the home field massacre at the hands of the Patriots. About the only thing I want to say about that game is how our white throwback uniforms looked awesome...

The broadcaster Channel 7 has cut down this year on the number of games they show each week from three to two (omitting the Sunday night game) which doesn't help, although in our case I don't think that has changed anything because we have been so bad we did not get that time-slot. They usually pick the most popular (ie. usually recently successful teams) to show each year, so we get a stack of Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Saints, Broncos, Falcons, Eagles, Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys games with a sprinkling of other teams. Each year as we seem less relevant to the broadcaster, the less chance we have of a game being shown...

When I know we are going to stink this bad, there's no point in paying for a NFL Game Pass to stream it as I know I am not going to enjoy it (plus our internet speeds from overseas in Australia are shit, thanks to a Government who sold out the national interest to pander to a media baron and Telecommunications giant who want to treat us like mushrooms and fleece us blind).

Seafort

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 04:54:53 pm »

I'm just waiting to see who we draft. I'm okay with drafting Tua if he falls to us, otherwise I'm now of the opinion that we wait to draft a quarterback until next year.

There are things that the Dolphins GM can do to ensure that we get that pick, and if so I'd rather roll with Trevor Lawrence.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 05:11:16 pm »

I'm just waiting to see who we draft. I'm okay with drafting Tua if he falls to us, otherwise I'm now of the opinion that we wait to draft a quarterback until next year.

There are things that the Dolphins GM can do to ensure that we get that pick, and if so I'd rather roll with Trevor Lawrence.

After today's win we have no say in drafting a top QB this year. We have to either wait for next year or see if we find a gem in the 4th round.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 06:09:47 pm »

Not sure where to post this but I saw this quote from Jadeveon Clowney and thought I'd share. It made me laugh.

“It was getting close to the time I said I’d come in, and all of a sudden [O’Brien] called me and said, ‘You need to come in and talk to us,'” Clowney said. “When I got there they’re talking about me signing the tender and going to the Dolphins. They said, ‘It’ll be good for you and good for us.’ I’m like, ‘Good for me? They’re gonna tank the season for a damn quarterback! Find me a team that can win, and I’ll sign the damn tender.’

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 08:00:11 pm »

Clowney was 100% right, would've been the worst landing spot for him at the time.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 06:15:58 pm »

^^^ I love how they tried to tell him it would be good for him and he called them out on it ... hahahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 10:23:27 am »

How did they do that with a straight face?

"In your walk year, we think it would be good if you play for what could be the worst team in NFL history. Being constantly double teamed because you are the only one on the field with talent, leading to 1 sack on the year as you head into free agency. Sign here, please."
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 10:54:56 am »

^^^^ I know ... right? LMAO

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 12:09:04 pm »

This doesn't make sense.  Why would the Dolphins offer anything?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 01:13:26 pm »

He probably would have been the highest paid DE in the league if he took the trade to Miami...that's probably what they meant by "it would be good for him."
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2019, 07:27:38 pm »

This doesn't make sense.  Why would the Dolphins offer anything?

Hope that he likes it in Miami, franchise him and then see if you get that quick rebuild to go 9-7 in 2020 and see if he wants to stay long term.

All unlikely scenarios but that's the only one I can think of.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 10:09:14 am »

Just to reiterate, the league is 80% trash. The Bills are 8-3 and Josh Allen is shit against anyone not named the Miami Dolphins, so if they are heading for a 12-4 season then we can win 10 games next year even if Fitzpatrick is our QB.

I think Buffalo is an underrated team this year.  Allen is improving quite a bit.  He is closing in on 3,000 yards (and will get there, easily), completion rate over 61% (well above his career mark), 16 TD to 8 INT; five rushing touchdowns.  His QBR over the last few weeks:

@ Dallas = 120.7
Denver = 92.9
@Miami = 117.7
@Cleveland = 73.8
Washington = 110.4
Philly = 81.6
Miami = 111.4
@Tennessee = 98.3

I feel like he's getting his groove and figuring it out. 

Compared to Tom Brady:  3,268 yards / 18 TD / 6 picks / no rushing TDs.  Allen has a higher QBR (they are both in the high 80's). 

Sam Darnold = 2,154 / 13 / 10 QBR 84.

Allen is actually playing the best ball in the AFC East right now out of the position.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 10:36:25 am »

If you hadn’t when the thread started, you should now.  Dolphins are mathematically eliminated.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 12:23:17 pm »

If you hadn’t when the thread started, you should now.  Dolphins are mathematically eliminated.

Miami was mathematically eliminated at the start of training camp. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray