Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:06:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Those Mighty-Mighty 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Those Mighty-Mighty 49ers  (Read 6465 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 10:39:28 am »

Corrected for accuracy.  

I have been right more than once

Remember the Cooks play in the Super Bowl, where I said I was PI, you said it was not, and the NFL agreed with me?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:06 pm »

Props to Jimmy G and the Niners for going on the road into a super tough environment, going toe to toe with a legend and coming out on top.   

And Stroke, with the way the Hawks lost to the Rams, you may be right that they will blow it at home to end the season.  But still, that's going to be an epic battle for the division.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 07:12:44 pm »

On a similar note...I hope you stub your toe so badly that every step is excruciatingly painful for about a week.

Roll Eyes

You got your wish

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:56:57 am by Fau Teixeira » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 07:52:18 am »

JESUS DUDE, I'M EATING BREAKFAST HERE!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2019, 10:19:07 pm »

Here's to looking ahead to the showdown with Seattle and as a result, getting punched in the mouth at home by a bottom feeding team.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2019, 10:39:57 pm »

Here's to looking ahead to the showdown with Seattle and as a result, getting punched in the mouth at home by a bottom feeding team.

Both teams are 11-3

If they both lose next weekend, winner next week takes all

If they both win next weekend, winner next week takes all

If Seattle loses and SF wins next week winner next week takes all

If SF loses and Seattle wins next week, Seattle clinches the division no matter what happens week 17

Now let's make Seattle 10-3-1 and SF 11-2-1

If they both won or lost next weekend, it would still be winner take week 17

If Seattle lost and SF won next week, they'd be 10-4-1 and 12-2-1, giving SF the division

If Seattle won and SF lost next weekend they'd be 11-3-1 and 11-3-1, meaning winner take all again week 17

I rest my case

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:27:03 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2019, 02:35:50 am »

That's an awful lot of words to say, "A tie is better a loss."  Had SF known that the only possible outcomes were a tie and a loss, I imagine they would have picked a tie.

However, you completely discount what would have happened had SF won.  Had they won that game, they would be in a position to clinch the #1 seed next week regardless of what SEA does.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 02:57:45 am »

That's an awful lot of words to say, "A tie is better a loss."  Had SF known that the only possible outcomes were a tie and a loss, I imagine they would have picked a tie.

However, you completely discount what would have happened had SF won.  Had they won that game, they would be in a position to clinch the #1 seed next week regardless of what SEA does.

Like, I said earlier, there was nothing wrong with playing for the win, but they should have left the option open for the tie.

Their mistake was that their play calling didn't enable them to do that.

Heck, they could STILL have played for the win and not left enough time for Seattle to win even if they had to punt.  They got the WORST possible result of that sequence barring a turnover.  You can run the ball on first down, run 25-30 seconds off the clock, then take two shots down the field.

The one thing you CAN'T do?  Throw three incomplete passes and leave Seattle with enough time to win the game.  That's what they did.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:04:47 am by dolphins4life » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 11:47:07 am »

No they wouldn't have.   As long as Seattle keeps pace and remains a game behind, the showdown in Seattle in week 17 will be for the division and the top seed

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2019, 12:51:56 am »

Well, the NFC west title will come down to the week 17 game between SF and SEA

It's interesting for SF.  If they win, they get the number one seed.  If they lose, they get the number 5 seed.

NO, GB, and SEA are 11-3. 

Those tiebreakers are lot more complicated.

(Note: In the playoffs, none of these times will defeat NE in the Super Bowl, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end)

Somebody talked about flexing SEA-SF game to Sunday night.  Can they do that legally according to NFL rules?

It would be great if they could

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 08:24:56 am »

new england doesn't make it past baltimore so you don't have to worry about your patriots in the super bowl
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »

new england doesn't make it past baltimore so you don't have to worry about your patriots in the super bowl

I see the Ravens as NE’s greatest hurdle to win the SB.

I doubt MIA will pose much of a threat to prevent the #2 seed.

And I am confident NE can win a home playoff game after a bye.

But beating the Ravens in Baltimore would require NE playing a flawless game and a couple of lucky bounces. 

If NE can get past Baltimore, I like their chances against the NFC champion.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »

If the Patriots go to the Superbowl, the greatest QB of all time Brees will beat him .
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2019, 06:44:56 pm »

If the Patriots go to the Superbowl, the greatest QB of all time Brees will beat him .

Several things wrong here

1) The Patriots are a team not a person, so nobody could beat HIM.  A team could beat THEM.

2) Brees, Rodgers, or Garopollo will not be playing the Patriots in the SuperBowl.  A TEAM will.  Could that team beat the Patriots?  Absolutely, but if history is any indication, they will do everything in their power to make sure the Patriots win.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 10:48:47 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2019, 07:24:29 am »

Several things wrong here

1) The Patriots are a team not a person, so nobody could beat HIM.  A team could beat THEM.

2) Brees, Rodgers, or Garopollo will not be playing the Patriots in the SuperBowl.  A TEAM will.  Could that team beat the Patriots?  Absolutely, but if history is any indication, they will do everything in their power to make sure the Patriots win.
1)  You got me on a typo, congratulations

2)  SMH
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:50:49 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray