Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:52:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Air vs Sea
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Air vs Sea  (Read 1811 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: November 30, 2019, 10:42:05 am »

Eagles @ Dolphins. 

Dolphins can clinch a top 20 pick this weekend with a loss.  (IE be eliminated for playoff contention)

Eagles despite a 5-6 record can tie up the hotly contest race for the NFCE division. 

Prediction neither team gets what it wants: Fins 6-3. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 03:03:41 pm »

NFC East should be eliminated from the playoffs if the Eagles lose to us.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 02:27:06 pm »

Infuriating.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 04:01:03 pm »

With the Bengals winning, we had a chance at #1 again. Controlled our own destiny if we lost out. If we hold on to win then we are in danger of not even picking in the Top 10.

I just don't get why anyone would want to sabotage the future to get to 4 wins.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 05:38:04 pm »

We even suck at sucking. Who in the hell runs trick plays when you need to lose?Huh Hopefully we can draft a left tackle to replace the great one we gave away. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 06:12:27 pm »

Once again, for the second week in a row I prevail as the champion of the predict the score contest. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 08:59:56 pm »

With the Bengals winning, we had a chance at #1 again. Controlled our own destiny if we lost out. If we hold on to win then we are in danger of not even picking in the Top 10.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to sabotage the present to get the #1 pick in the draft. Guess we are even.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 09:51:51 pm »

I just don't understand why anyone would want to sabotage the present to get the #1 pick in the draft. Guess we are even.

Thank you.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 08:42:39 am »

Why? Because you gave up several young stars because you "thought" you'd get high draft picks to replace them with a better option. In the end all we did was make our team worse to be in a similar situation to where we would have been.  Every single win further negates all those jettisons we made. We wee hoping for a franchise QB and now we will be lucky to draft a LT that was anywhere close to what we had. We had a plan. Now we are just winging it. Absolute freaking genius but exactly why Miami continues to be mediocre.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:46:01 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 11:21:42 am »

Why? Because you gave up several young stars because you "thought" you'd get high draft picks to replace them with a better option.
Huh? You gave up several young stars for the chance to get new stars? That's pretty stupid. Guess you didn't realize that we were winging it all along. Welcome aboard.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:28:17 am by Pappy13 » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 11:46:07 am »

Right now, in my opinion, some of the best QB play is coming from Deshaun Watson (1st round, 12th pick), Russell Wilson (6th round, 75th pick), Lamar Jackson (32nd pick), Patrick Mahomes (10th). 

To rebuild a franchise and draft a QB to carry it you don't have to have a top ten pick.  You need a pick, in general, a good scouting team and a lot of luck.

High first round QB's since 2000.  Want any of these guys?
Tim Couch
Joey Harrington
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Kevin Kolb
Sam Bradford
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Robert Griffin III
Brandon Weeden
EJ Manuel
Johnny Manziel

If Miami is smart they will be able to use all three picks in the first round to build on what they have now; Miami does have a decent talent base. 

Side note - New England is only one game up in the AFC East.  They could actually, feasibly, go in as a wild card (and Miami could help).  I'm sorry but I will take a slightly lower draft position heading into the last game of the season if:

*New England wins they get the division and a first round bye
*New England loses and they go in as a wild card and go on the road
*Miami pulls up the ultimate spoiler and does the latter.

That would be a great way to end the season.  AND...Miami still has a lot of picks.  Smiley

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 12:39:49 pm »

Because there are no guarantees that it hurts the future. This has been pointed out many times but is still ignored.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 02:59:41 pm »

Right now, in my opinion, some of the best QB play is coming from Deshaun Watson (1st round, 12th pick), Russell Wilson (6th round, 75th pick), Lamar Jackson (32nd pick), Patrick Mahomes (10th). 

To rebuild a franchise and draft a QB to carry it you don't have to have a top ten pick.  You need a pick, in general, a good scouting team and a lot of luck.

High first round QB's since 2000.  Want any of these guys?
Tim Couch
Joey Harrington
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Kevin Kolb
Sam Bradford
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Robert Griffin III
Brandon Weeden
EJ Manuel
Johnny Manziel

If Miami is smart they will be able to use all three picks in the first round to build on what they have now; Miami does have a decent talent base. 

Miami has failed for over 20 years in trying to get a  good QB while the greatest QB in the modern era was drafted in the 6th round. No guarantees but Joe Burrow gives you better odds than Pat White or Chad Henne and its pretty obvious Miami needs all the help they can in picking one. On top of that ... that's what they sold us while they were amassing picks. The Tunsil trade makes absolutely no sense if we don't get a franchise QB out of it.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 11:31:51 am »

Miami has failed for over 20 years in trying to get a  good QB...
Tennessee seems to be doing alright with one of the QB's that failed in Miami. Maybe the problem hasn't been the QB, but rather the Dolphins?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 06:01:40 pm »

Tennessee seems to be doing alright with one of the QB's that failed in Miami. Maybe the problem hasn't been the QB, but rather the Dolphins?
I don't disagree with that one bit. It baffles me for how long we have not had a decent O-line.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray