Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:31:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Should Miami go back to Rosen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Should Miami go back to Rosen?  (Read 1370 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 01, 2019, 09:41:47 pm »

Miami is mathematically eliminated from the playoff race.

What to do now?  Is Fitzpatrick the quarterback next year?  If not, should they let Rosen finish the season?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 09:08:43 am »

He should have started last week. Not gonna happen now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:51:02 am »

Fitz isn't having a bad season.  Almost 2,000 yards passing; 10/10 TD to INT and a QB rating of 78. 

No, those aren't great numbers.

I'm not sure how many QBs would do a lot better with the cast of characters around him this season and all the talent traded away.  Stick with Fitz til the end, let Rosen do what he is doing, reset in the offseason.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 10:52:01 am »

Nah, they already fucked up the search for a franchise QB. Why switch now with Fitzpatrick playing his best football?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 11:38:38 am »

I think Miami should go back to Rosen at some point, but I'm not sure if that's now. At the very least he needs to play meaningful minutes in at least a game or 2 and I wouldn't like to see him play in the last game of the season at New England against that defense. I'd prefer to see him either start a game or 2 against one of these easier opponents or at least come off the bench if things aren't going well initially and see if he can spark the team and perhaps have them rally around him a bit but the coaches are seeing him in practice every day so they have a better handle it on then I do. I really don't believe that you have to play to get better, but it would be nice for him to play for him to get a little confidence....or not depending upon how he does. I don't want to throw him into a sink or swim situation. I rather let him get his feet wet a bit and gain a little confidence. If he can't do that against one of these next couple of opponents then I'm not sure it's ever going to happen.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 12:47:18 pm »

^^^How many times was Fitz hit yesterday?How would that build Rosen's confidence?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 01:13:34 pm »

Rosen will get his chance to start next year. If he doesn't start Week 1 for us in 2020 then we either drafted a QB or he is bad enough to lose out to a 38 year old on his 7th team and he has no future with us.

I think we use our huge draft haul and cap space to rebuild the O-Line first and add some offensive weapons just to see what he can do in a fair setting. Hopefully, he nails it and our long QB search is over.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 02:13:11 pm »

^^^How many times was Fitz hit yesterday?How would that build Rosen's confidence?
A lot, but Philadelphia has a decent defense. Would like to see him play against Cincy and/or the Giants.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 08:51:34 am »

Rosen will get his chance to start next year. If he doesn't start Week 1 for us in 2020 then we either drafted a QB or he is bad enough to lose out to a 38 year old on his 7th team and he has no future with us.

Well, he already lost out to a 37 year old on his 7th team...
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 09:19:48 am »

I don't think it matters, as neither of those guys is going to be on the team for the build.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 12:32:39 pm »

Well, he already lost out to a 37 year old on his 7th team...

Yeah, but everything that could go wrong towards messing up his development did go wrong. So, this season is a redshirt year to learn. If this still isn't enough for 2020 then stick a fork in him.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 01:08:37 pm »

Flores said he was going with Fitz, and that's what he should do. When Miami is up by 25 pts against Cincy & the Giants I could see putting Rosen in for a couple series.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray