Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:11:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Kaepernick Workout
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Kaepernick Workout  (Read 2846 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 07:44:40 am »

How the fuck is Kunta Kinte a controversial figure?  I understand the controversy around kneeling or the Fidel Castro shirt.  But Kunta Kinte isn’t Jane Fonda.  The only people who would consider Kunta the villain are white supremacists  that oppose the  the 13th amendment. 

Slow your roll, Killer.  I never said anything about Kunta Kinte being a villain.  Jesus Christ, dude. My point was that if Kap was serious about getting back in the NFL, he would have put 100% of his approach to the workout into the workout being 100% about football.  So you don't think that Kap was trying to make a statement by wearing that shirt?  It was just the random shirt that he happened to grab out of the closet?  He wasn't trying to "honor" Kunta Kinte. He wore that shirt to make a statement and get attention.   He is good enough to be a backup QB in the NFL.  Why isn't he in the NFL?  Because of the controversy that comes with him that no NFL team wants to deal with.  The NFL obviously handled the workout horribly and were much more interested in trying to portray themselves as not blackballing Kap than they were about giving him a decent workout.  In a like manner, Kap handled the whole thing horribly as well.   The NFL is a relatively conservative entity.  They don't like controversy.  Hell, Antonio Brown is one of the top 3 WR talents in football.  If ZERO NFL teams are interested in him because of the circus he brings to town, why would an NFL team be interested in a mediocre backup QB who brings the circus (although obviously a totally different type of circus) to town?   
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 10:51:15 am »

He'll never play a down in the NFL again which appears to have been the goal. Mission accomplished by everyone involved, Kaepernick, the NFL, the lawyers and the fans. Now we can move on. Everyone's a winner.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 10:56:40 am »

What I don't understand is why the "He doesn't even want to play" people have chosen this event as their battle cry.  I mean, Kap could have gone to play in the CFL, or even the AAF, if he really Just Wanted To Play Football.  So why are we now pretending that having standards and/or conditions are a new thing?
Hasn't this been his cry all along? He just wants to play but "the man" won't let him because he is standing up for the black injustice. It sure seemed that way. Like I said ... many of his supporters are now admitting that he is in it for publicity and doesn't care about playing.

Pappy is correct .... everyone is a winner and can now move on.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray