Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:39:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Marlins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami Marlins  (Read 1247 times)
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« on: December 11, 2019, 09:32:44 am »

Are Any of you guys  Fans?  Long time Mets fan since Gooden, Strawbeery, and HoJo days.  Rooted for the Marlins since 93 when Florida was getting a team. Lately this decade its been very Hard to root for this franchise.  My dad a Die hard braves fan we use to go to every Marlin- Braves/ Marlin- Mets games but i honestly have not been to watch either in the past couple of years. My Dad doesn't even get hyped for the Braves no more. Like the patriots, the Nationals have been killing the NL East.  What are your thoughts on the Marlins ?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 03:39:41 pm »

I followed the Marlins pretty closely when they came out.

Since, I've generally lost interest in baseball, mostly because the economics of how it's run.  ...also the game is just so slow and I think the game doesn't really size up well against so many other kinds of entertainment that I have available to me now.  It's just too much of an ask to spend 4 hours a few times a week to really follow it.

But, it's also just hard being a fan of that team specifically because of the style.  We would be good out of nowhere, make a World Series run, dismantle, be bad for a few years, make a run, etc.  Even though it got results, it was hard to follow.  You couldn't be a fan of the players because they were just gone as soon as they were good.  It didn't really create loyalty.  You didn't get to follow anyone's career. 

For me, personally, basketball grew in importance and ate whatever love for baseball I had left.

And then, there's this stadium, which I just hate the location.  What I do enjoy about baseball is the idea of dropping in on a live game for the atmosphere and ambiance.  They have a cool stadium, but it's not in an area where you really want to hang out.  I would've loved something in downtown Ft. Lauderdale or something like it. 

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray