Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:55:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tom Brady to Miami, 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tom Brady to Miami, 2020?  (Read 2547 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:25 am »

I'm surprised no one has brought this up here, maybe it hasn't sprung up in your circles yet?  It's all the rage in New England on talk shows and in the media.  The basics, for many reasons, Tom Brady is playing out his last games in New England - one way or the other.  Lately the talk has been this:

2020 Miami will pick up Brady.  Where Brady goes, so goes AB.  Miami will use one of their later 1st round picks for OBJ.  They will concentrate on other needs in the draft but now Brady has what he doesn't in New England - weapons.

Again, it's talk.  And it's fun.  What would you think about two / three years of Tom Brady, with weapons, in Miami?

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-rumors-nbcs-tom-curran-speculates-that-tom-brady-could-sign-with-miami-in-2020/

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 07:51:28 am »

Bwahahahahahahaha...no way that happens.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:16:23 am »

Does it really make sense for either side?

Assuming Brady neither retires nor resigns with the Patriots, Brady is going to want a team that has all the pieces other than QB and has a legit shot at winning the SB in 2020.  Also he is going to want a solid Oline.  Dolphins offer neither of these things.

Also the team that signs him will be a team in must win now mode, not a team that is looking to build a long term foundation.  Does this sound like the Dolphins?

Better fit would be Denver, Indy or Pittsburgh.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 08:31:33 am »

It makes sense for me.  I'd love to watch New England fans' heads explode.

Tom would go from "the Goat" to "we don't need him, what a bum."  I can see the stages of denial now.

-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 09:30:15 am »

Pretty much any destination would do that.  However, I doubt that would be Tom’s primary objective.  Also Patriots fan would be more annoyed by Tom hoisting a Lombardi in Denver than leading Miami to a 9-7 season before retiring. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 09:50:57 am »

Brady needs to retire a Patriot. If he doesn't it's because he can't keep his ego in check. He's not the player he was even last year. It's time. I hate to see guys finish their careers with another team just because they can't face the music. Marino earned a lot of respect from me for retiring a Dolphin when he had a chance to go elsewhere. Brady needs to think long and hard about leaving New England. It would not be a good look for him.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 10:03:02 am »

Pretty much any destination would do that.  However, I doubt that would be Tom’s primary objective.  Also Patriots fan would be more annoyed by Tom hoisting a Lombardi in Denver than leading Miami to a 9-7 season before retiring. 

It would drive you, and every other Patriot fan on the planet nuts, if he came to Miami and had success.  And this "go to Denver and win a title" nonsense talk is a cover for the fear it could happen.  I can smell it from here.  Smiley

-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 10:57:45 am »

It would drive you, and every other Patriot fan on the planet nuts, if he came to Miami and had success.  And this "go to Denver and win a title" nonsense talk is a cover for the fear it could happen.  I can smell it from here.  Smiley

Miami wouldn’t bother me any more than 29 other teams.  Jets would piss me off, but Mia as opposed to say Tampa Bay or Cardinals, meh, doesn’t matter.

Also I don’t think he is interested in fucking up the TB12 brand in NE, I don’t see him doing Farve style FU.  I see him wanting to remain on as good terms with NE as Peyton is with Indy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 11:08:00 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 01:47:27 pm »

It makes sense for me.  I'd love to watch New England fans' heads explode.
While highly doubtful this would make it all worth it.  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 01:36:30 pm »

Had to bump this.   Maybe they shoud have gone for it

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 02:18:05 pm »

Had to bump this.   Maybe they shoud have gone for it

Huh?  I doubt Brady is regretting his decision to go to Tampa.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 03:28:54 pm »

With the defense we had, if Brady came here and we focused on offense and his friends joined in at a discount.....I don't know. We did win 10 games with a rookie QB who didn't have an offseason, would it really be so crazy to think we would've won 12 with Brady?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 03:37:58 pm »

With the defense we had, if Brady came here and we focused on offense and his friends joined in at a discount.....I don't know. We did win 10 games with a rookie QB who didn't have an offseason, would it really be so crazy to think we would've won 12 with Brady?

So what?  Unless those two extra wins comes against the Bills, you still don’t win the division.  I stand by Tom isn’t regretting his decision.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 04:18:21 pm »

Who knows what we would've been able to grab in free agency had Brady come to the Dolphins.  But Tampa already had some amazing weapons on offense before Brady even got there. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 04:36:42 pm »

So what?  Unless those two extra wins comes against the Bills, you still don’t win the division.  I stand by Tom isn’t regretting his decision.

Of course he isn't regretting his decision, he won the Super Bowl. I was just commenting on how it would've affected Miami. This team was not going 9-7 with Tom Brady, I don't see any way that we wouldn't be better with him in 2020.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray