Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:48:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Wage debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Wage debate  (Read 6477 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2019, 05:11:19 pm »

The word age was in the  sentence I quoted.  Thanks for playing.
While you did successfully read the word "age" in that sentence, unfortunately you failed to read the word "and" that came right after it.  In English, the word "and" ties two dependent ideas together, in a way that (for instance) the word "or" would not.

So while your attempts to refute the cited quote (and my response)  would have worked out had pondwater used the phrase "age or medical history," the fact the he used the phrase "age and medical history" means you are left adrift without a sail.  Thanks for playing, indeed.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2019, 01:51:15 pm »

While you did successfully read the word "age" in that sentence, unfortunately you failed to read the word "and" that came right after it.  In English, the word "and" ties two dependent ideas together, in a way that (for instance) the word "or" would not.

So while your attempts to refute the cited quote (and my response)  would have worked out had pondwater used the phrase "age or medical history," the fact the he used the phrase "age and medical history" means you are left adrift without a sail.  Thanks for playing, indeed.

You are correct in what I quoted but look back to the original mention and you clearly see he said or, so now we split hairs on intent.😀
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2019, 05:40:33 pm »

Damn, you people will argue about anything, LMFAO. The point was that for real competition to work for health care, everyone would have to be charged the same for the same level of coverage while allowing companies to sell across state lines. Also, prices for all procedures would have to be capped from the provider to the insurance companies. Everyone wants to blame the insurance companies, but the doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers are just as guilty as the insurance companies for the health care situation in this country.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2019, 09:29:11 pm »

Damn, you people will argue about anything, LMFAO. The point was that for real competition to work for health care, everyone would have to be charged the same for the same level of coverage while allowing companies to sell across state lines. Also, prices for all procedures would have to be capped from the provider to the insurance companies. Everyone wants to blame the insurance companies, but the doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers are just as guilty as the insurance companies for the health care situation in this country.

There are doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers in every country .. there are only health insurance companies to this extent in the US. So when you wanna talk about the difference between the US and the rest of the world and why the US has by far the most expensive care with universally weaker outcomes, a higher maternal mortality rate, and a lower life expectancy than other developed countries .. why don't we look at what the difference is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray