Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:18:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ryan Fitzpatrick team MVP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ryan Fitzpatrick team MVP  (Read 2665 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 26, 2019, 02:32:19 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/26/ryan-fitzpatrick-wins-dolphins-mvp-award/

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 03:02:07 pm »

I'd give it to Parker or our kicker.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 03:56:44 pm »

Congrats to Fitz, he earned it!!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 06:51:06 pm »

No way. As much as I hate every game we win it is Fitzpatrick that has made it happen both on and off the field. He gets the best out of these guys and we wouldn't be competitive without him. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 09:58:12 am »

Fitzy deserves it. He's just another fine product to come out of the football mill that is Harvard University. 10,000 men baby!

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 10:02:23 am »

No way. As much as I hate every game we win it is Fitzpatrick that has made it happen both on and off the field. He gets the best out of these guys and we wouldn't be competitive without him. 

You're right, I'm just angry that a 37 year old journeymen is our team MVP.

That being said, if we are still able to get Tua and he is healthy and does become the franchise QB then I will look bad at Ryan more fondly and appreciate the work he did for this franchise......as long as he loses on Sunday and doesn't drop us to 8th in the draft.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 10:28:46 am »

Definitely the right guy to get it.  From everything I have read, his positive impact on the team has reached far beyond his performance on the field. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 12:20:40 pm »

If we draft Tua or another QB in the first round, then it's likely Ryan comes back next season and helps the new kid be introduced into the league. He is already signed and got something left in the tank. Would be ideal all around, especially if we draft Tua and want to make sure he is 100% healthy before he takes the field. Of course,that's if we have given up on Rosen. I don't think we have just yet but you don't know how the front office feels.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 06:05:30 pm »

If we draft Tua or another QB in the first round, then it's likely Ryan comes back next season and helps the new kid be introduced into the league. He is already signed and got something left in the tank. Would be ideal all around, especially if we draft Tua and want to make sure he is 100% healthy before he takes the field. Of course,that's if we have given up on Rosen. I don't think we have just yet but you don't know how the front office feels.

Dude you really got get over your Tua mancrush, it's not happening.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 07:04:13 pm »

In my opinion, if we got enough pieces and good players in place I could see Fitz taking us deep into the playoffs. Tannehill could have done the same thing as judged by his play in TN. I want another Marino on the team just like everyone else. But a good QB ain't doing shit with a shit team. I'd be ok with Fitz for another few years as long as we handle the draft and free agency competently. I think coaching wise we're good with exception of the DC. I'm not sold on him at this point. He seems to be out of his league judging by his press conferences. But that's just me, haha.

Also, since we are doing a complete reboot, I'm not sure if we should have kept Grier. He's the biggest wildcard at this point, not the QB position. Plenty of teams have won the super bowl or been contenders with mediocre quarterbacks. Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Jim McMahon, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Earl Morrall, and  Trent Dilfer. And don't forget before Dan Marino was coronated as the king in Miami. The #214 pick in the 8th round named David Woodley took us to Superbowl 17 even though we ranked last in passing in the league with 1,401 total yards, 8 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions that year. 

If it was me, at this point I would keep Fitz and concentrate on the defense, OL, and RB in that order. Then try to pick up a mid round QB prospect. You'll still have Fitz cheap, Rosen cheap, and a lower pick under the radar for development. Then next year reevaluate the situation. In my opinion, if we get Tua. We'll have issues for years and the reboot has failed, and round and round we go. At least that's what I think about this whole situation.QB ain't our problem as of today.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 09:14:18 pm »

Dude you really got get over your Tua mancrush, it's not happening.

I have yet to see even one mock draft that doesn't have us drafting him. As long as we don't win on Sunday, it's the 2nd biggest sure thing in the draft next to the Bengals taking Joe.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 10:19:27 am »

I have yet to see even one mock draft that doesn't have us drafting him. As long as we don't win on Sunday, it's the 2nd biggest sure thing in the draft next to the Bengals taking Joe.
They haven't gotten over their man crush yet either.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 10:04:28 am »

Didn't want to start a new thread but why are people even thinking Ryan won't be with the team in 2020? Not only is he signed cheaply for $5.5 Million but if they go with Rosen as the starter, we need a veteran backup. On the other side, if we draft Tua then we probably want him to sit for a year or a little less and learn from a veteran.

I only say this because I see everywhere now that we hired Chan Gailey we must be keeping Fitzpatrick. We were keeping the guy no matter who we had as OC.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 10:38:03 am »

Didn't want to start a new thread but why are people even thinking Ryan won't be with the team in 2020? Not only is he signed cheaply for $5.5 Million but if they go with Rosen as the starter, we need a veteran backup. On the other side, if we draft Tua then we probably want him to sit for a year or a little less and learn from a veteran.

I only say this because I see everywhere now that we hired Chan Gailey we must be keeping Fitzpatrick. We were keeping the guy no matter who we had as OC.
Well it was clear the Dolphins wanted Fitzpatrick back, but the question was did Fitzpatrick want to be the QB again because when asked he'd said that he hadn't made a decision yet. Maybe bringing in Gailey was Fitzpatrick's idea as much as it was Flores' idea?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:39:38 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 10:53:39 am »

Well it was clear the Dolphins wanted Fitzpatrick back, but the question was did Fitzpatrick want to be the QB again because when asked he'd said that he hadn't made a decision yet. Maybe bringing in Gailey was Fitzpatrick's idea as much as it was Flores' idea?

Well, Ryan's choices are down to stay in Miami or retire since he is under contract for 2020 to us. I would hope we didn't hire an OC just because our 38 year old QB liked him, that seems insanely short sighted or insanely ambitious that we are going to make a Superbowl run next season.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray