Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:48:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dak Prescott
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dak Prescott  (Read 2225 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: December 27, 2019, 12:23:17 pm »

He will be a free agent after Sunday and while it is expected that the Cowboys franchise tag him, he may want to go or the team may want to move on if his demands don't meet their evaluation of him.

Do you think we should inquire about him? We have the cap space and that would allow us to use the probable #5 pick on other talent instead of a QB. I have some Cowboys fans in my family so it's hard to get an unbiased view on him.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 12:44:01 pm »

No, very overrated.  Same for Winston from Tampa.  Also a no on Rivers, Dalton and Eli.  Keep Fitz, have him compete with Rosen and whoever we draft in training camp.  If it's Tua, it would be okay for him to sit and learn the offense while healing.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 01:26:17 pm »

I haven't seen a single name in this thread that I could see being the future of the franchise
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 05:01:29 pm »

I'm not sure what people expect. Dak is a fine QB. He's not Brees or Mahomes (The standard as they are better then either Rodgers or Brady now in my humble opinion), but he might end up being better then either one day. I mean if people think you have to have the best QB in the league to win a Superbowl that basically means that only 1 team can win the Superbowl each and every year. I think that's a VERY unrealistic view of the NFL. Neither Brees nor Mahomes play alone. They both have VERY talented players and exceptional coaching staffs as well. Brady wouldn't have won all the Superbowls without Belichick. If you replaced Brees or Mahomes with Dak, you might be surprised to see very little if any drop off in my opinion. They would still win the majority of their games and still be in competition for the Superbowl that's for certain. If everyone is expecting to get someone better then Dak in the draft, I think the chances of that happening are around 5% or less.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:22:38 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 05:10:06 pm »

He will be a free agent after Sunday and while it is expected that the Cowboys franchise tag him, he may want to go or the team may want to move on if his demands don't meet their evaluation of him.
There's 0% chance that Dak doesn't play for Dallas next year. Jerry Jones loves the guy and is gonna keep him in Dallas. The ONLY reason they haven't signed him to a long term contract yet is because they have too many guys to pay and he's one of the few that hasn't complained about not getting paid yet. Honestly if Zeke doesn't hold out this year, he'd already have a long term contract in place and in my opinion they made a mistake paying Zeke. They should have let him sit out a few games and lose millions of dollars and called his bluff. I think he needs Dallas more then Dallas needs him. That became apparent this year as he's not having the season that people thought now that Dallas doesn't have the best offensive line in football. They will sign Dak to a long term contract in the offseason you can count on it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:14:07 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 06:03:14 pm »

I'd rather see the Dolphins bring back Tannehill, versus the guys mentioned in this thread that will be available.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 09:12:51 pm »

I bring up Dak not just because it's rare for a good QB to hit free agency but because it was said that Dallas offered him $30 Million annually and he turned it down because he wanted $40 Million, which is insane to me.

I would be surprised if he didn't return to Dallas but you never know with Jerry Jones.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 10:22:10 am »

I bring up Dak not just because it's rare for a good QB to hit free agency but because it was said that Dallas offered him $30 Million annually and he turned it down because he wanted $40 Million, which is insane to me.

I would be surprised if he didn't return to Dallas but you never know with Jerry Jones.
As far as I know they haven't offered him anything yet. Maybe that's speculation based on conversations with the agent or something. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if he turned down $30 million and his agent countered with $40 million. Sounds about right to start negotiations. They'll settle somewhere in between. Besides it's all about the guaranteed money and not the per year amount anyway.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:33:16 am by Pappy13 » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 12:14:06 pm »

He will be a free agent after Sunday

He won’t be a FA until March. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 12:23:12 pm »

He won’t be a FA until March. 

That's what I meant, his last game is on Sunday, not a year or two into the future. Still, plenty of time to get it sorted out before the draft.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 05:44:12 pm »

All I can say is that Joe Burrow is embarrassing the hell out of Oklahoma at the moment. I so wish we had that first freaking pick!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 05:46:06 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 05:49:46 pm »

All I can say is that Joe Burrow is embarrassing the hell out of Oklahoma at the moment. I so wish we had that first freaking pick!!

5 TDs with 7 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter. He could sit the entire 2nd half at this point.

Whatever the TD record is for the Peach Bowl, he might break it in the 2nd half. The Bengals would be insane to not take him, even if a team offered them 6 years worth of 1st Rounders.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 06:07:35 pm »

SEVEN TOUCHDOWNS AT HALFTIME FOR JOE BURROW!

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 06:13:39 pm »

SEVEN TOUCHDOWNS AT HALFTIME FOR JOE BURROW!

The Bengals must be salivating

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 06:27:46 pm »

The Bengals must be salivating

If there is one franchise that could fuck it up for this kid, it would be the Redskins. However, there are two franchises who could and the other is the Bengals.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray