Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:03:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Where is the best place to watch a game?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Where is the best place to watch a game?  (Read 5428 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 02:22:55 pm »

I used to go down to the dolphins stadium once a year for a game. I always thought it would great to be at a dolphins home game surrounded by other dolphins fans. You know, “my people” No. every game I went to I was surrounded by fans of the visiting team.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2020, 04:52:34 pm »

I used to go down to the dolphins stadium once a year for a game. I always thought it would great to be at a dolphins home game surrounded by other dolphins fans. You know, “my people” No. every game I went to I was surrounded by fans of the visiting team.

I went to a Patriots game like that....stadium was mostly Patriots fans but my particular section had a ton of Packer fans.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 03:17:21 pm »

I think that's just the nature of the game for all teams.  With so many great ways to watch a game, being there isn't necessarily the best, so you pick and choose when to go.  And you go when the opposing team is in town.  When we travel to NY, there are always huge groups at the MetLife Takeover. 

It's just the way it goes.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 03:44:08 pm »

I think that's just the nature of the game for all teams.  With so many great ways to watch a game, being there isn't necessarily the best, so you pick and choose when to go.  And you go when the opposing team is in town.  When we travel to NY, there are always huge groups at the MetLife Takeover. 

It's just the way it goes.

I think that varies.  You are much more likely to see a Steelers or Packers fan at a Dolphins or Jaguars game than a Dolphins or Jaguars fan at Heinz or Lambou. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 10:41:56 pm »

I think that varies.  You are much more likely to see a Steelers or Packers fan at a Dolphins or Jaguars game than a Dolphins or Jaguars fan at Heinz or Lambou. 

That's because no one from out of town wants to move to those cities.  Evil
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 12:36:49 pm »

I think there's ultimately nothing like the feeling of being in the crowd.  So much other stuff sucks -- the view, the cost, getting up, the waiting, the weather, etc.  But when you're in the crowd, there's an electricity to it.

You've never been to a game in Oakland, huh?  Wink

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 12:38:43 pm »

I went to a Patriots game like that....stadium was mostly Patriots fans but my particular section had a ton of Packer fans.

My BF's has season tickets (Patriots), really good seats (lower bowl).  The people around him are always selling to the visiting team.  When I do make it to the 'Phins game it's pretty cool, the surrounding rows are mostly Miami fans.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 07:25:45 pm »

As I'm sure you know the Steelers' and Packers' fans have always traveled well.  A big part is also that they usually have good teams so they have a high number of season ticket holders that show up to games, hence it's expensive for opposing fans to buy tickets for those games, if they are available at all.

On the other hand, after decades of being bad it's cheap to get really good seats for a Bills game.  My brother has season tickets for the Bills down low near the field and can't even get face value if he tries to sell them.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray