Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:23:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Year 2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Year 2019  (Read 6695 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 29, 2019, 08:16:43 pm »

The Front Office.

Let's NEVER EVER say the word rebuild in Miami ever again.  Without dumping the roster, this team could have competed for a playoff spot this season.  What a shame. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:30:32 pm »

Captain hindsight flies again.  Believe it or not this team is trending up.

Charles Harris.  Complete bust.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:41:55 pm »

Captain hindsight flies again.  Believe it or not this team is trending up.

Charles Harris.  Complete bust.

You can't say that.   You have no way of knowing how this team will do next year.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 07:27:02 am »

You can't say that.   You have no way of knowing how this team will do next year.
Shhhhhh.  Stop posting.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 08:27:56 am »

dolphins4life for being a Troll.  I would also like to nominate him for TDMMC's first ever inductee ever into the fan Ring of Dishonor.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 08:28:11 am »

Josh Rosen

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 10:29:19 am »

Minkah Fitzpatrick

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 12:33:13 pm »

Josh Rosen

Since we shouldn't be giving it to a player who sucked just because he has no talent, I think Rosen is a good pick.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 12:35:28 pm »

The Front Office.

Let's NEVER EVER say the word rebuild in Miami ever again.  Without dumping the roster, this team could have competed for a playoff spot this season.  What a shame. 

So, we would have less cap space and less first rounders and our own pick in the high teens just so we could MAYBE go 9-7 and get a Wild Card based off of tiebreakers? You would call that a successful season? You have paid attention to the team the past 20 years, right? This is the purgatory we were trying to avoid and that's why we tore it all down and we are on our way to building a legitimate championship contender.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 12:56:50 pm »

Shhhhhh.  Stop posting.

2016: When the Dolphins were pushing for a playoff spot everybody said, "Just enjoy it, they are on the upswing."   How did that work out?   They made the playoffs, but three years later, they haven't been back.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 01:15:01 pm »

So, we would have less cap space and less first rounders and our own pick in the high teens just so we could MAYBE go 9-7 and get a Wild Card based off of tiebreakers? You would call that a successful season?
In such a scenario, we would not need to burn draft picks trying to find a competent LT (much less a Pro Bowl LT), which is the position MIA is in now.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 01:47:37 pm »

In such a scenario, we would not need to burn draft picks trying to find a competent LT (much less a Pro Bowl LT), which is the position MIA is in now.

Well, they got two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder to address that issue.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 01:55:46 pm »

2016: When the Dolphins were pushing for a playoff spot everybody said, "Just enjoy it, they are on the upswing."   How did that work out?   They made the playoffs, but three years later, they haven't been back.

Christ.

You do know Miami made the playoffs that year, right?  They didn't "push" for a playoff spot, they got in.  And got their teeth kicked in. 

And if we did some grave digging you probably gave away shame of the game awards to the front office back then as well.

Mine still goes to you.  Congrats.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 02:04:54 pm »

I think Rosen is probably a good choice.  He didn't really live up to zero expectations.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2019, 03:13:11 pm »

Christ.

You do know Miami made the playoffs that year, right?  They didn't "push" for a playoff spot, they got in.  And got their teeth kicked in. 

And if we did some grave digging you probably gave away shame of the game awards to the front office back then as well.

Mine still goes to you.  Congrats.

I could be wrong, but I think we had a ridiculous record in games decided by 7 points or less too. So, that just corrected itself the next season.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray