Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:02:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Draft Topic: Let's Say Tua Does Not Declare...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Draft Topic: Let's Say Tua Does Not Declare...  (Read 11584 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2020, 07:25:51 pm »

You've already got two first rounders and two second rounders at your disposal next year.   I think that's plenty of ammo to move up to get Lawrence/Fields.  Especially if one of the top teams doesn't need a QB.   

I know we have the ammo, but we also have a ton of holes on this team. The whole point of "Tank for Tua" was to gut the team and be bad enough that we can draft Tua. Well, if he declares then here we are without having to use multiple 1st and 2nd rounders to move up. It's just not worth it to me since we need these picks to fill out multiple spots.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 07:44:54 pm »

I know we have the ammo, but we also have a ton of holes on this team. The whole point of "Tank for Tua" was to gut the team and be bad enough that we can draft Tua. Well, if he declares then here we are without having to use multiple 1st and 2nd rounders to move up. It's just not worth it to me since we need these picks to fill out multiple spots.

But if he doesn't declare, or more importantly, he does but he can't play this year, you'd be filling those holes anyway.   Most of the holes are in the trenches.   That guy's mock fills those holes spectacularly.   

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2020, 07:59:52 pm »

QB isn’t an immediate need.  Yeah, Fitz ain’t a decade long plan.  But he is decent enough for a couple of years.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2020, 08:23:36 pm »

But if he doesn't declare, or more importantly, he does but he can't play this year, you'd be filling those holes anyway.   Most of the holes are in the trenches.   That guy's mock fills those holes spectacularly.   

If he doesn't declare, then I am all on board for using the #5 pick on an OL, as well as drafting another one later in the round and using free agency to address it too. I would use all available resources via cap space and draft picks on the lines if Tua doesn't declare.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2020, 10:57:44 am »

If Tannehill has taught us anything it's that we need a freaking O-line and running game before a decent QB can look good.  Few QBs can excel without help. We need to concentrate on the trenches unless someone like Burrow falls into our laps.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2020, 11:15:20 am »

If Tannehill has taught us anything it's that we need a freaking O-line and running game before a decent QB can look good.  Few QBs can excel without help. We need to concentrate on the trenches unless someone like Burrow falls into our laps.

Of course, a new O-Line coach is key with new O-Line personnel, but every year you can buy these guys in free agency or draft them. How often are we in a position to draft a highly rated franchise QB with our own draft pick? I fully expect us to be closer to 10 wins next season rather than 2 wins, so it's now or who knows?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2020, 12:47:15 pm »

Of course, a new O-Line coach is key with new O-Line personnel, but every year you can buy these guys in free agency or draft them. How often are we in a position to draft a highly rated franchise QB with our own draft pick? I fully expect us to be closer to 10 wins next season rather than 2 wins, so it's now or who knows?
Other than Burrow ... who is highly rated? We aren't getting him and anyone else is pretty much the same crap shoot as everyone else in the top 7-8 QBs and the same second tier QBs next year and the year after and so on.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2020, 01:34:27 pm »

A highly rated QB that can't walk screams of desperation. Do not take Tua, please!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2020, 01:38:47 pm »

A highly rated QB that can't walk screams of desperation. Do not take Tua, please!
LOL ... tell us how you really feel. In all honesty I felt that way too but have come around to being ok if they do draft him. He's a crap shoot but the ceiling is pretty high with him if it works out. Besides ... he'll most likely have another year to get NFL healthy.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2020, 01:40:50 pm »

Other than Burrow ... who is highly rated? We aren't getting him and anyone else is pretty much the same crap shoot as everyone else in the top 7-8 QBs and the same second tier QBs next year and the year after and so on.

Of course Tua is highly rated. Burrow appears to be better but don't dismiss the kid because you don't want us to draft him. There isn't one mock draft that doesn't rate him as a top prospect or has him falling past the Chargers if he does declare.

If he does declare for the draft, start talking yourself into him because the only way we don't draft him is if some team leapfrogs us.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2020, 01:42:01 pm »

LOL ... tell us how you really feel. In all honesty I felt that way too but have come around to being ok if they do draft him. He's a crap shoot but the ceiling is pretty high with him if it works out. Besides ... he'll most likely have another year to get NFL healthy.

Oh yeah, he is absolutely redshirting the first year. Not just to be 100% healthy but to learn the system. I think that is the best way to go, have the brand new O-Line gel in 2020 so they are ready to protect him in 2021.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2020, 01:57:32 pm »

Let's not forget, at the beginning of the season he was the next great QB, like suck for Luck quality.  His health is the ONLY issue.  He will be a superstar if he's healthy, but that's a big IF.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2020, 02:30:08 pm »

Of course Tua is highly rated. Burrow appears to be better but don't dismiss the kid because you don't want us to draft him. There isn't one mock draft that doesn't rate him as a top prospect or has him falling past the Chargers if he does declare.

If he does declare for the draft, start talking yourself into him because the only way we don't draft him is if some team leapfrogs us.
I think you are in for a letdown. I'd say the odds of Miami taking Tua at #5 are about 50/50 and I'd say the odds of him being available at #5 are about 90/10.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2020, 07:01:19 pm »

Let's not forget, at the beginning of the season he was the next great QB, like suck for Luck quality.  His health is the ONLY issue.  He will be a superstar if he's healthy, but that's a big IF.

I don't think he will be a superstar even if he could stay healthy.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2020, 07:17:39 pm »

Sure, that's kind of where I am at too. I just feel that with 3 first rounders, we can afford to take the risk for a potential game changing QB. Since no good QBs ever become free agents, this is our best shot at a franchise QB. Only alternative is a stopgap like Bridgewater who plays over his head or try to find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray