Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:05:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Where will Brady end up next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Poll
Question: Where will Brady wind up
Patriots   -9 (52.9%)
Chargers   -1 (5.9%)
Dolphins   -0 (0%)
Cowboys   -2 (11.8%)
Colts   -0 (0%)
Other team   -3 (17.6%)
Wherever McDaniels coaches   -0 (0%)
Retired   -2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Where will Brady end up next year?  (Read 21006 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2020, 02:43:44 pm »

Close.  I think he wants to prove he can win without Belichick. 
I think the feeling is mutual.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2020, 02:51:57 pm »

I think the feeling is mutual.

Agree.  Be interesting to see which team - Tampa or NE fairs better this season.  (Assuming there is a football season)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2020, 06:14:00 pm »

If I remember correctly they denied this story at the time but I could be wrong.

Tom Brady decided on Patriots departure after Bill Belichick offered him in 49ers trade: report
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-patriots-bill-belichick-49ers-trade-report

A source close to 49ers general manager John Lynch told Bleacher Report that the organization had been eyeing Garoppolo in 2017 but that Belichick offered Brady instead. Lynch reportedly didn’t have the chance to take him up on that offer because owner Robert Kraft wouldn’t hear it.

"Kraft shut that s--t down fast," a source close to Belichick told Bleacher Report. "So, instead, Lynch gets Garoppolo, but Brady, Belichick and Kraft haven't been the same since Tom learned that Bill was ready to get rid of him. And that lit a fire under his a-s."

Brady went on to win one more Super Bowl and restructure his contract to pave the way for his departure.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2020, 01:32:04 pm »

Slightly off topic, but this creates the very interesting scenario of which NFL coach thinks he can take a physically gifted QB (Winston) who makes the worst decisions of any QB I've seen in a long time and coach him up to his potential.  Winston has a whole lot of dumb and immaturity both on and off the field to overcome.  So it will be very interesting to see who picks him up. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2020, 01:56:03 pm »

Slightly off topic, but this creates the very interesting scenario of which NFL coach thinks he can take a physically gifted QB (Winston) who makes the worst decisions of any QB I've seen in a long time and coach him up to his potential.  Winston has a whole lot of dumb and immaturity both on and off the field to overcome.  So it will be very interesting to see who picks him up. 
Winston is different than most QBs who are released. He actually has a pretty good upside so you're really only having to work on his downside. I think he will find a back-up job behind someone who isn't very secure in their job. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2020, 03:13:41 pm »

Winston playing for Belichick would make for a great reality show but a terrible pairing. Bill will have zero tolerance for his stupid INTs. Still, Winston does have talent but how much of his yardage can be attributed to him just playing recklessly?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2020, 03:22:42 pm »

Winston was the beneficiary of Mike Evans, he can out jump anyone.  Winston would just throw up jump balls to him, mostly in double coverage, and he'd still get the catch.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray