Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:08:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Where will Brady end up next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Poll
Question: Where will Brady wind up
Patriots   -9 (52.9%)
Chargers   -1 (5.9%)
Dolphins   -0 (0%)
Cowboys   -2 (11.8%)
Colts   -0 (0%)
Other team   -3 (17.6%)
Wherever McDaniels coaches   -0 (0%)
Retired   -2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Where will Brady end up next year?  (Read 21043 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 10:03:57 am »

And BB is going to make minimal effort towards retaining Brady because he wants to move on and even if the Patriots had won the SB BB had no interest in having TB on the roster in 2020.
Agreed, which is I think where the talk that if Tom indeed does return to the Patriots that it might be BB's last year with New England I think originates. I'm not sure that BB would leave New England, but I sure don't think he'll be happy if Brady returns.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 12:51:13 pm »

Agreed, which is I think where the talk that if Tom indeed does return to the Patriots that it might be BB's last year with New England I think originates. I'm not sure that BB would leave New England, but I sure don't think he'll be happy if Brady returns.

Your comment got me thinking and now I am 100% certain Brady will be playing next year the only question of is which of the 31 teams not located in Foxoboro will it be.

In order for Brady to return and BB leave you literally need a situation where both men go to Kraft and say it is either me or him, pick.  And Kraft decides to fire the greatest coach in history for an aging super star that his past his prime. It also leaves him without a coach and puts him in the Cowboys and Redskins league of meddling owners.  

I also believe that the decision for Brady to leave the team was made last year.  Brady was under contract for 2020, but a contract modification changed that he could leave and also made it so that he could not be tagged.  This contract change was done so he could leave as a FA in a dignified and least controversial manner possible.

Also Kraft not Belichick was the one that got rid of AB.  So if Brady's demands are get rid of BB and re-sign AB.  That is not going to go over well.

If franchise tag was available there would be daily articles about why Brady should be tagged and then second guessing when he wasn't.

Trading him would be hugely unpopular in NE, result in tons of second guessing and place huge pressure on the next QB.

Cutting him would be even more unpopular, have more second guessing and place even more pressure on the next QB.

The worse situation would be benching him and making him the back up QB.  Every time Stiham threw an incomplete pass, Gillette would chant Brady for 15 minutes non-stop.

Him leaving as a FA basically puts the next QB in the same situation Cassel or Jimmy G was when they started or Ghost when Adam V left in free agency.  Big shoes to fill but not the demand the new guy be better than who he replaced.  

And lets Brady remain on the same terms with NE fans as Wilfork or Welker (beloved) or Peyton in Indy.  I think Brady doesn't want to create the animosity Farve has in Greenbay.

ONLY way Brady returns is if BOTH Belichick and Brady are 100% convinced the other gives them the absolute best chance at a Lombardi in 2020.  I don't think either of them feel that way.  

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:48:25 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 02:50:43 pm »

I think this is all colored bubbles... Brady will re-sign with New England on a one-year contract to try going out with a championship, and then both Brady and Bellichick retire after next season, win or lose

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 03:53:53 pm »

I think this is all colored bubbles... Brady will re-sign with New England on a one-year contract to try going out with a championship, and then both Brady and Bellichick retire after next season, win or lose

Does Brady really care about going out with another SB?  I think Brady just wants to keep competing as long as he feels he's got a chance to win.  Plus there would have to be a really good opening on another SB contending team for Brady to leave the comfort of NE.  So BB is stuck with him until HE decides to retire or move on, just like Jimmy Johnson was stuck with Marino when he arrived in Miami.

It would be more likely for BB to leave, but he also has a whole cheating system setup in NE that would be difficult to replicate in a new location.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 04:13:15 pm »

Does Brady really care about going out with another SB?  I think Brady just wants to keep competing as long as he feels he's got a chance to win.

In the words of Herm Edward's "This is the greatest thing about sports - you play to win the game. Hello? You don't play to just play it."  Brady wants to win another superbowl.  No question there.

Plus there would have to be a really good opening on another SB contending team for Brady to leave the comfort of NE.

I agree.  Tom Brady isn't going to which ever team offers him the most money.  He is going where he thinks he has his best shot at winning a SB.  Don't be shocked if he signs with team the day after they sign a WR he really likes.  He might even tell a team.  "I appreciate your offer of 2 year $45 million dollar deal.  My counter offer is 2 year $35 million dollars which I will sign once you come to terms with the following free agents - Amari Cooper, Danny Amendola and Jason Witten." 

So BB is stuck with him until HE decides to retire or move on, just like Jimmy Johnson was stuck with Marino when he arrived in Miami.
Absolutely false.  Brady is a UFA that can't be tagged.  Patriots don't need to cut him, trade him or bench him, they just don't have to come to terms. 

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 08:43:33 am »

I know I like to do my Patriot fan bashing stuff but we are talking about the greatest QB ever.  And we have had the pleasure of watching this man play, in our generation.  

I understand this doesn't happen often (MJ, Bobby Orr, Favre, Manning, the list goes on); I want to see Brady end his career in New England; the team he spent his entire career with.  He means a lot to this region and, I would hope, the region means a lot to him.

Now, if the guy stays I also hope they give him some tools for success.  I think this past year there was something happening with his elbow.  That's based on observation and talking to a few pals in the dressing room, but nothing official; the Patriots would never admit that either.  If I'm right, and the man was hurt all year (I think he dinged it in week two and it got worse over the season) Tom Brady STILL put up a pretty okay year, hurt, with NO WEAPONS.

I think, at his age, he is a top five QB in this league.

Are there teams where he could step in and elevate them immediately?  Yes.  Under the right circumstances could NE be right back in the SB hunt next year?  Yep.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 08:47:30 am »

Tom Brady is going to Tampa and will dominate the NFC. You heard it here first. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 08:53:14 am »

Tampa Tom?

So all the talk around this region is a well planted source saying the Hoodie wants to replace Tom with...ready?

Andy Dalton. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 09:02:33 am »

In Tampa he'd have the best two WRs in the league to throw to.  They really turned it on at the end of the season.
Tom Brady is going to Tampa and will dominate the NFC. You heard it here first. hahaha

Excuse me?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 09:10:31 am »

Tampa Tom?

So all the talk around this region is a well planted source saying the Hoodie wants to replace Tom with...ready?

Andy Dalton. 
I heard that yesterday too. Wasn't it Peter King who said that?

Excuse me?
LOL ... that was a throw back line to the old poster jtex.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 09:33:42 am »

I heard that yesterday too. Wasn't it Peter King who said that?
LOL ... that was a throw back line to the old poster jtex.
lol.  Still might happen, who knows?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 10:46:03 am »

Until March 16 the only team Brady can legally talk to is NE.  This was just speculation by a Tampa Bay sports talk radio host.  Doesn’t mean much other than this host figured it would be an effective way to get page hits—- and it was.  Chargers actually makes more sense he has a house out there.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2020, 01:04:10 pm »

Chargers actually makes more sense he has a house out there.
LOL ... as if he couldn't afford one in another city too.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2020, 01:06:39 pm »

LOL ... as if he couldn't afford one in another city too.

Yeah he could afford it.  But I think he wants to live in California.  If he enjoyed spending time in Florida he would already own a house in Florida and spend much of the off season there. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 11:52:54 am »

Was listening to Scott Pioli this morning discussing Brady and Belichick. He was part of the group that selected Brady and is tight with both guys. He said its been a fantastic run with the both of them but he sees both of them doing whatever they think is best for their own selves at this point in their career. He also said they both have earned that ... so who knows? Brady and Belichick may surprise us with their next move.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray